Endocrinologist, Diabetes & Metabolism

Video profile

3.0

by Bernadette Hillyer on Jun 25th, 2015

Dr Lee after going for more than a year I have only seen once ! The staff is very nice and friendly ! Had to cancel withing their 24 hour period because of a migraine headache I had woke up with ...the continued to charge me a $30. 00 canceling fee ,but I am sorry if I knew that I was going to have a migraine and throwing up 24 hrs in advance I would have done this .They told me to write him a letter and then informed me that he blatantly said no . What the heck are wrong with Drs today ..they only care about their selves not about human beings .So be aware does he think I only have diabetes as a disease ...well I don't . I have all kinds of health problems ....don't say I didn't warn you . He is a very inconsiderate doctor if you ask me ,went there a year or longer and only seen the man once !! I would not recommend him to a dog ...sorry

Neglectful, abusive, and incompetent MD! show details Neglectful, abusive, and incompetent MD!
Apr 30th, 2015

I saw Dr. Metchick for post-thyroidectomy (due to thyroid cancer) management of hormone replacement. This physician has a severe "God-complex" and is not interested in anything the patient has to say. Dr. Metchick is not only extremely rude, but also incredibly incompetent (ie-he insisted that long term hypothyroidism could in no way contribute to mood instability). I am now 1 year out from thyroidectomy and my TSH is 11 thanks to his completely ignoring my presenting symptoms and insisting that I not be seen or have blood work more than once every 3 months. When I then presented with well documented metabolically induced mood instability, he first ignored me for 3 days after his PA called him concerned about my condition. When he did call, he yelled at me for 20 minutes about my behavior being innapropriate. when I explained that I could not control myself as a result of my hypothyroidism (which was confirmed by my long time therapist) and that I was scared and needed help, he continued to yell at me insisting that there was no possible connection between my mood instability (which wasn't present pre-thyroidectomy and immediately vanished with T3 therapy), and my thyroid levels. Obviously, the link between the 2 is well documented in the peer reviewed literature. He then discharged me from his practice in the midst of this crisis. Dr. Metchick placed not only myself but also my family in danger as a result of his negligence and incompetence. Do not allow this physician to abuse and neglect you, go elsewhere for your care!

Mar 23rd, 2014

He is the best doctor I have EVER seen. It bothers me to read the negative reviews due to MONEY! I have seen doctor Metchick for years and unfortunately lost my insurance about a year ago. His focus was my health NOT my money. He told me numerous times, not to worry about the money that we would figure it out. He set up a very reasonable payment plan and made sure each an every time I went in there that I was NEVER worried about the money and always focussed on my health. People who complain about him and money have it completely WORNG! He is truly the best, most compassionate doctor I have ever seen.

Avoid at all cost show details Avoid at all cost
by A FORMER Patient on Jan 7th, 2014

NEVER AGAIN, EVER. MONEY,MONEY,MONEY. Diagnosis really off base.

The staff is unprofessional. show details The staff is unprofessional.
Oct 12th, 2012

Dr. Metchick was more concerned at billing me the highest level office visit than anything else. The staff on the other hand is deplorable, rude, and unprofessional when I called to inquire about a billing question. For this I will never return and do not recommend the office to others.

Aug 28th, 2012

I just had a needle biopsy. I felt little discomfort and the procedure was fast! Dr.Metchick and his staff made me feel at ease and I was back to work in no time!

May 17th, 2012

I was really impressed by Dr. Metchick, his PA and his office staff . I was treated with great care for my thyroid problem.

the BEST! show details the BEST!
Mar 28th, 2012

Can't say enough about this doctor! Compassionate, caring, and thorough. Hope diabetes patients know how lucky they are to be in his care! Other doctors have not helped. THANKS DR. METCHICK!

Jan 18th, 2012

This was my first visit with Dr. Metchick, I thought he was absolutely awesome. Very relaxed atmosphere,very caring doctor. Office staff was excellent. I only wish I would have seen him 2 years ago. Highly recommend.

Money Grubber show details Money Grubber
Jan 11th, 2012

This doctor cares more about maximizing the amount of money he can get from the patient than the patient's needs. He will schedule 2 or 3 appts. with you instead of doing the work in 1 appt. so that he can bill you and your insurance as many times as possible. Avoid him unless you like wasting your time and money.

Great Review! show details Great Review!
by J. Dua on Sep 8th, 2011

I think Dr. Metchick is great. The office is clean and the staff is very nice. I went in for a biopsy on my thyroid last week and the nurse as well as my cousin held my hand; and Dr. Metchick was really patient with me. The procedure went well (didn't hurt much) and he gave me two hugs before I left the office. My follow up appointment went great as well. He sat and spoke with me regarding my health and answered ALL of my questions. He even offered to help in other health related areas in my life. I have only seen him three times but I truly believe that the first impression is a lasting one. As a patient I'm sure that I will learn more about him and establish an even better relationship in the future. Overall my experience has been great. Thank you and your office so much!

Aug 30th, 2011

I felt compelled to write after reading oter reviews. I have seen Dr. Metchick three times in the past 2 years. I have never felt more comfortable with a doctor or an office ever. I never wait for an appointment and never wait in the waiting room. Reading about money issues with other people only makes my recognize that people have no consideration for what it take to run a business. As a business owner myself I understand what it takes to run an effecient office. You will not find a better doctor or office!

Aug 12th, 2011

Requires double the number of appointments that are required. It can only be because he is fee hungry. Beware of excessive required appointments that are a waste of your time and money.

Money Over Patient Care show details Money Over Patient Care
Jul 12th, 2011

I went to Dr. Metchick for 3 years and was dropped over a $30 visit payment that was paid a week after the appointment.

Will not ever refer this doctor show details Will not ever refer this doctor
Jun 8th, 2011

Dr. Metchick is not passionate about his profession or his patients. His disregard for medically instructing patients on sample drugs should be reason enough to seek re-education. His unprofessional comments about diabetis and his over confidence of a surgical opportunity/procedure definitely shows where his heart rests...its unfortunate that his education was not sought with compassion about making a positive difference in the lives of others, but instead focus's on how great of a difference it can bring to his life monetarily.

Mar 1st, 2011

Saw Dr. Met chick for diagnosis and procedure, never again. All delegated to PA. In my opinion it was more about money than patient care. After a mix up of $30.00 they dropped me as a patient. Office help were very self righeous.

Terrible Bedside manner; no diagnosis show details Terrible Bedside manner; no diagnosis
Feb 5th, 2011

Consult visit was a waste of time. Within a 2-3 minutes Dr. Metchick said issue was all in my head. I cut the consult off at that point and left. Returned to my primary care physican, who dropped him from referals due to more than 3 complaints. The real medical condition was diagnosed by a skilled doctor. Office staff said the $340 cost would be billed in full. All doctors are called doctor no matter what their skill or success in getting their MD diploma.

Very Good show details Very Good
Dec 20th, 2010

I have been seeing Lee for several years now. He has been agressive in addressing my situation and has pushed the limits with getting my provider to do the same. He is the best im my mind. Highly reccomended!

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
Jun 10th, 2010

Dr. Metchick is a wonderful doctor and I would recommend him to anyone. Although it took some time to get the initial appointment, he was well worth the wait and now I'm scheduled regularly with no problems. He has worked hard to help me and I currently drive across the state to see him because I would not want to try a different doctor closer to my (new) home.

Mrs show details Mrs
May 31st, 2010

after made appt 3 months in advance,whenI went to see the Doctor,I was seeing by the practitioner.I explained I was going to see a doctor not a nurse practitioner;he was upset with my request and mentioned in a bad temper that this was the way it was,sometime I will see him some time the nurse,,I do not need to continue with him;my insurance pays for a doctor and I want A DOCTOR,not an assistant!!

Apr 15th, 2010

I have seen many endocrinologists before and had the best experience with Dr. Metchick's office. His staff was curtious, polite, I didnt wait (I was early), we has professional and relaxed. The enitre experience was exceptional. I wish I had found him 10 years ago!!

May 22nd, 2009

staff are incredibly rude and uncaring

Thyroid patient show details Thyroid patient
Nov 5th, 2008

I think Dr.Metchick is the most compassionate doctor i have been to ever~His whols staff is great!!!I was a crying nervous wreck before my biopsy and he was so great at dealing with me,yet it was not pleasant(not due to him)it had to be done,and i fully trust him and would recommend him to anyone!

by Cindy on Nov 3rd, 2008

He is awesome!!! I would reccommend anybody to go to him!!!

Poor Doctor Needs More Than Just Medical Assistance show details Poor Doctor Needs More Than Just Medical Assistance
May 6th, 2008

This guy is a whack job.