Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile

Fantastic show details Fantastic
by Carol P. on Mar 26th, 2015

I had heard from several people that if I had a thyroid issue that Dr. Reussner was the doctor to see. Making the appointment was quick and easy, the receptionist was kind enough to send the paperwork to me so I wouldn't have to stress about completing it in the office. When I checked in I couldn't believe how helpful and kind the receptionists were. Dr. Reussner was a very caring and personable man. He was able to feel the nodule on my thyroid and said he could do a biopsy of it while I was there. I couldn't believe it! I thought I would go in for a consult and then have to schedule another appointment to get a sample of the nodule and then wait even longer to see if it was cancer or not. Nothing like being stressed out about a possible cancer diagnosis. He had a lady there verify my insurance right away and let me know that there would be an additional cost to do the biopsy. Fortunately, I knew my insurance had a deductible I would have to meet first so it wasn't a surprise that there would be an additional cost. I was so grateful. I definitely appreciated knowing what the cost was up front rather than that surprise bill you get in the mail a week or two later because they didn't let you know what they were doing was not included in the office visit. Dr. Reussner did the biopsy and I knew the results within a few days. NO CANCER! What a relief! I would trust Dr. Reussner with any family member or friend. I have to say that I read a previous comment about how Dr. Reussners office operates with nothing but negative things to say. Apparently this person has never owned their own business. My husband and I have run a home improvement business for 37 years. It takes hard work, a top notch team of employees and money coming in to keep the business open. You wouldn't believe the overhead that comes with running a business. Building rent, employee salaries, employee benefits/insurance, office supplies, having your shelves stocked with merchandise etc. I don't go to the store and not expect to have to pay before I leave.

by Tara on Jan 21st, 2014

This place is a joke, I have blue cross blue shield of Kansas so of course I have to pay a co pay of 45 dollars. Then during the appointment I was told to do a biopsy on my thyroid due to a cyst. I was worried about the cost because I knew a specialist was 10% last year and hadn't had time to check for the new year. They told me that it had stayed the same. I'm getting ready for the biopsy and a women comes in from billing telling me I had to pay 156.82 up front to even preform the biopsy, that it was now 20%. I couldn't believe they couldn't even do a billing plan. I told them it was hard enough to get the money for the appointment let alone that much. As were a five person family on one income. Then I managed to get them to wait for payment for three days which they had took my bank card info so they could instantly bill me right out of my bank. Then I get told to set up another appointment for next week to do it again, that the cyst will more likely fill back up and he would only remove it if it keeps filling up three to four times. I'm living off one income with three kids I can't afford 200 dollars a week, plus the cost of labs. Then to add icing to the cake, I called with pain after the biopsy thinking they would at least prescribe me something just to tell me to use over the counter pain meds. I call again after the cyst has swelled up again, and started asking the nurse questions thinking maybe surgery would be best and all she could do was talk like she would agree with what ever I asked, which she seem to not know anything. Beware of this place they lie and only care about making the most money out of you and the nurses have no education at all! Also there financial help is for only people with no insurance.

Apr 11th, 2012

My overall experience working with Dr. Reussner was a positive one. He was patient and provided clear and detailed answers to my questions. My parathyroidectomy went well with no complications and a speedy recovery. The scarring at the incision site at the base of my throat is barely visible 15 mos. after the surgery.I would recommend him to my family and friends requiring this type of care.

Highly recommend show details Highly recommend
by K. DeBoer on Dec 17th, 2011

I discovered Dr. Reussner via a Google search, and found the three-plus hour drive to the Kansas Voice clinic from Lincoln, NE, to be well worth my time. The office staff was friendly and welcoming, from the front office staff to the nursing staff. Jennifer Cannady, Speech Pathologist, performed the vocal cord testing and was professional and caring. Dr. Reussner was very approachable and took time to listen to the history of my vocal issues. He, too, was very professional and provided excellent insights as well as potential solutions for my vocal problems. I would highly recommend Dr. Reussner, Jennifer and the Kansas Voice Center to anyone seeking help for vocal problems of any kind.