Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
BE AWARE show details BE AWARE
by Neglected on Nov 13th, 2015

I have even witnessed another doctor say they "do not like him as a person". If he says you need surgery run to another doctor to get a second opinion! He gives hysterectomies and cone biopsies out like candy. I know 3 people personally, that he said had the exact same condition.he also said they needed the exact same surgery. None of the three got the surgery.one of them immediately sought a second opinion and after tests and exams were done, the doctor who gave the second opinion, concluded, that the person (who has been a friend of mine for 20 yrs) did not need the surgery, and did not suffer, with the diagnosis Dr. Rippy claimed she had! I was the only silly one that got the surgery and now I am not able to carry a child past 1st trimester without yet another freaking surgery. I was young, i may have been 19-20.I trusted him as my doctor; I so regret that. The girl who got the second opinion has 3 kids now.I am married and am struggling to give my husband 1. He told me the surgery would not affect me in that way, he lied. He would not give me my medical records.I have been trying to get them for years. He wouldn't release them to my doctor, me, nobody. What is he hiding? He also did not diagnose me with a condition I did have; as soon as I went to a new doctor, I was diagnosed within 6-8 months. He gave me pain pills, and I suffered 5 years. He attributed my pain to something else; so, I took pain pills daily. A lot of damage occurred to my body because of no treatment.I had surgery to help relieve pain and repair it.

by Shalita Petis on Feb 14th, 2015

Doctor Rippy is the best Doctor I

DONT GO!! show details DONT GO!!
Nov 30th, 2013

Im currently pregnant and I just moved to GA from FL and found the closest Dr and I ended up with DR Rippy , hes very careless and doesn't ever spend time with his patients or help them understand what is going on or what is needed to be done during pregnancy . His staff Is lazy and doesn't ever call back with test results or apt reminders , im 40 weeks today and requesting another dr when I deliver because I do not trust him , I have only met him twice in the past 2 months ive been going to him and just found out his midwife will not be delivering and he will . I do not trust him he doesn't know what he is doing , he didn't even know how to check my cervix

Good Overall Experience show details Good Overall Experience
Jul 18th, 2012

Went for Vaser Lipo. Had a good experience. No complaints.

Love Dr. Tippy, he saved my life! show details Love Dr. Tippy, he saved my life!
Apr 19th, 2012

I never had to wait very long in the waiting room. He was always courteous and wanted to know how I was feeling. Dr rippy's staff went above and beyond on several occasions.

Mar 7th, 2012

I saw Dr. Rippy for the 1st 24 weeks of pregnancy. He was sometimes 2 hours late to work. The staff was incredibly RUDE and never returns calls (especially Stella). Dr. Rippy prescribed medication to me that was HARMFUL to my baby and when he figured this out he was very rude about telling me especially since I had already finished the medication. Also, I told Dr. Rippy that I was experiencing pain and he said if you think you have pain now then just wait you will have a lot more and he laughed. After switching doctors, they discovered the pain was from my galbladder and immediately sent me to the hospital for testing. I would NOT recommend this doctor to my worst enemy. The only reason I gave Dr. Rippy one star is because there isn't a choice for ZERO stars.

the best doctor ever. show details the best doctor ever.
Sep 30th, 2011

Very caring couldn't ask for a better doctor!

Very intelligent and knowledgeable show details Very intelligent and knowledgeable
Aug 31st, 2011

Dr.Rippy was my Obgyn through out my whole pregnancy and afterwards when my body did not go back to normal. I really liked him. Yeah he might not become your best friend but I would totally trust him with my life as well as my son's.He made excellent decisions and took care of me when I needed it the most. I was also a high risk patient. I never had to worry about anything.Dr.Rippy and his staff always took care of me. I would HIGHLY reccomend him.

DO NOT GO TO THIS MAN!!! show details DO NOT GO TO THIS MAN!!!
by katie on Nov 18th, 2009

rippy showd up 2 HOURS after i had lost my son (i was 5 months when i gave birth)and had no idea what happened. he walked in the room and asked "whats the porblem?" he is very uncareing, after that i ended up back in the hospitle for a week due do infection he did not get all the afterbirth out. i will NEVER go to him again, and antone who dose is stupied for trusting him with thire childs life.

NEVER again!!!! show details NEVER again!!!!
Sep 2nd, 2009

Dr. Rippy never made me feel comfortable, not once. My visits with him were very short.( I was an high risk pateint) He mad me fell like my pregnancy would end up in a misscarry. I was scared for nine month. After my son was born, he was never circumsised in the hospital, where it should of taken place, Instead it was done five days later in his private office. My son is now 2yrs old, and just yesturday 09-01-2009, my son as re-circumsied. Its so hard to watch him in pain. I am VERY angry, and upset that could of been avoied, if it was done corrected in the begining. I will never be under his care, or recommend him to anyone.

BEWARE show details BEWARE
Jan 30th, 2009

Dr Rippy,find another profession please!Your patients are all female, most of which are going thru a pregnancy or experiencing some other form of life changeing event. We should expect that you would be gentle, considerate, and have an abundance of bedside manner. You failed on all accounts Dr. Rippy.