A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lee Schmitt:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Lee Schmitt is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schmitt
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schmitt Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lee Schmitt, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
- Weight loss (non-surgical)
Education & Awards
Dr. Schmitt graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Schmitt has 3 hospital affiliations:
- St Vincent's Birmingham Hospital
- Trinity Medical Center
- St. Vincent's East
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Lee Aubrey Schmitt MD is a male Surgeon, has 22 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Lee A. Schmitt practice?
- Dr. Lee Schmitt has 1 office location.
Dr. Lee Schmitt practices Surgery near Birmingham, AL.
See Birmingham Surgeons.