A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lee Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Lee Shapiro is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lee Shapiro, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Rheumatic Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Albany Medical Center Hospital
- St Peter's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shapiro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 36 plans
- HealthNow New York - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan