Dr. Leeland Jones MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

September 19th, 2014
I would love to give no stars
Very recently my daughter went to Leeland Jones office. She really liked the nurse practitioner, felt is would be a good fit, received diagnosis and a script. She had an allergic reaction and we went to the ER, they spoke to Leeland Jones and scheduled a follow up for today. He takes her off all meds and tells her to take an herbal supplement that ISNT even tested and there are warnings about it everywhere. Not to mention trying to convert her and all the religious stuff that scared her silly. How can I report this behavior?

May 14th, 2014
Beware!!
Of the many years I've been under his care. He still acts as though I am a danger to myself and out of order. Never lets me talk about my past. He only wants to put me on more medication especially when I seemed happy. He describe my happiness as "manic" and to fix it was always "how about a little more medication!" I didn't care about speaking in tongues or laying on hands because I am Christian but he is overbooked, doesn't look over his notes on your case before he sees you, and you wait at least two hours to get a fifteen minute session. I got sick of it and left. If you ever want to control your depression without pills or rebuking the devil as a means by itself- avoid seeing this doctor. He got me fat with the drugs and ruined at least a decade of my life!

October 29th, 2013
Am I Alone???
My Mother has been seeing Mr.Jones for some time.Her condition is worse than ever to a point she acts possessed and accuses her children the most unimaginable things.My Mother needs serious help,its getting worse and I dont know what to do...

February 15th, 2013
Helpful to an extent
When I first was introduced to Dr.Jones I had attempted suicide and had been in a bad spot for some time he told me care I probably was in the hospital 6 or 7 times because he said I had to much to work on so I needed to be hospitalized so we could work on my issues he did spend time with me but then I just sat around buffalo general collecting dust till the next day he prayed spoke in tongue wanted to indicate when my imp tonal pain was too much to bear then he would clap his hands speak imN tongue and praise God for healing me, He invited me to his church which is one of those churches where people yell and fall to the ground he's extremely religious I will give him that he convinced me to go to church and start reading the bible which I do to this day I no longer consider suicide because I have a strong faith We parted ways because he kept wanting me in the hospital he also had me on very high dosages of meds my current dr decreased all my meds wait time is extreme for him prepare to wait hours to see him. He helped save my soul and my belief in myself and god but he is very intense so just be warned and he seems to enjoy having his patients go into the hospitalso just be aware of that this is only my experience...

February 6th, 2013
Generous, to a fault
No doubt Dr. Jones is a devoted Christian. His devotion to his religion sometimes can overwhelm those less committed to God's teachings. His perspective seems to be that while medications can correct some imperfections in our body chemistry (read=our wiring), faith in God (read=spiritual counsel) in conjunction with those meds are complimentary means of healing our mind of internal conflict/struggles. His office hours tend to run long, and in some cases wait times are compounded as the day progresses, especially when he gets a late start due to delays from his hospital duties. Simply put, he cares, and tends to his clients' psychiatric troubles with a fusion of medical and spiritual expertise. You either appreciate his mixed compassionate approach, or you might just consider tolerating it because you know starting anew with another doc isn't easy. As someone who's been elsewhere, I'm content. I'm not the most religious person myself, but I appreciate what he's taught me about myself. This doc takes time to teach us a little about ourselves, spiritually AND physically.

January 26th, 2013
Irresponsible
too many patients. Cannot remember diagnosis, treatments, previous discussions and usually runs 2 hours behind so doesn't review case notes. Patient that was next too me said she was getting worse and he just wanted her to pray in tongues. Notorious for irresponsible over medication

January 21st, 2012
Mrs.Della guenther
Dr. Leeland Jones from buffalo ny he is one of the very best psychiatrists I have ever worked with he has succesfully helped both my husband and I with marital and personal problems ,he has not only an education but he has a great intuitive nature and it really has helped both of us !!

August 31st, 2011
I believe Dr. Jones has good intentions to provide the best and appropriate care to his his patients. His faith in God is strong, but he is not suffering from mental anquish. It is not that I am a non-believer, but God has also placed individuals on this earth to develop medications to help the suffering with mental illness. When he tells an individual who is suffering so that God will cure he/she it leaves you somewhat incredulous of his style of practice simply because one would hope he would use his educations and training to help the suffering. God certainly will help, but for some, it is not always an appropriate cure or answer.

May 25th, 2011
This psychiatrist attempted a religious conversion in his office. He tried to touch my leg. He is a dangerous man to be avoided, as is Buff General where his conduct is tolerated.

February 2nd, 2011
Life Changing!!!!
Dr. Jones is just as passionate as he is professional and educated. My son was on the verge of suicide and in a deep deep depression. He would go for days without eating and would rarely come out of his room. I took him to see Dr. Jones and noticed a DRASTIC change in his behavior. My son is now more social and happier than ever before. Say what you will, but I know what I have experienced!!! Keep up the good work Dr. Jones!!!!

February 2nd, 2011
Dr. Jones
Dr. Jones saved my marriage. And yes folks that takes FAITH, Faith in love, faith in hope. Dr. Jones is a psychiatrist who doesn't solely rely on drugs to treat you but getting to the root of issues, childhood, fear, anxiety, mistrust..If anyone wants to be HEALED see Dr, jones. An experience like no other. My wife and I are so grateful!!

November 19th, 2010
This is a genuine, professional, caring doctor
I am so disappointed that anyone would have such a low opinion of Dr. Jones. How many appointments did you have with him? Do you have any idea how smart he is as a therapist, psychiatrist and I believe also internal medicine. He also has a great knowledge and respect for natural supplements if you are open to suggestion.Yes, you do have to wait a while for your appointment. If he was taking care of you, wouldn't you want him to take his time? That's how I look at it.Yes, he is a praying man. See how far you get without prayer.The office ghetto? Go to Clarence and sit with a psychiatrist for 10 min in a pretentious office and get the wrong diagnosis because they dont care. Ive been with him a few years and doing great. I hope those who left those comments found a quality doc. Good luck and God Bless :o)GC