Dr. Leena Tarigopula MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

September 17th, 2015
Dr. Tarigopula was nice. She only spent five minutes with me though, she didn't go through my list of symptoms which she requested I fill out. This made me feel her diagnosis was just a guess. I switched meds as she suggested and it did not work. She then ordered a test. Getting the test completed took months. After the test I did not get the results for over another month despite repeatedlay calling and leaving voice mails. . I also wa Denver able to reach anyone in person when I called the office; it always went to voicemail. I switched doctors.

August 6th, 2015
During my first appointment with Dr. Tarigopoula, she scheduled me for a colonoscopy due to the concern for inflammatory bowel disease based on my symptoms’ character and duration. However, because of her extreme wait time (3-4 months), I had to schedule my procedure with another physician. After the procedure, I struggled to obtain the results of the colonoscopy. I was informed in a very groggy, drugged state that the entire length of my colon was affected by lesions, congestion, ulceration and inflammation and was prescribed an anti-inflammatory medication. This was the only occasion a physician verbally communicated to me the results of my procedure and the treatment plan in the span of time before my follow up appointment with Dr. Tarigopoula. I had to call the office multiple times, only speaking with a nurse, about my concerns. Upon learning of the worsening of my condition in the weeks following the colonoscopy, the physician who had performed the procedure wanted to place me on a steroid. As the nurse could provide me with little information as to my actual diagnosis and the duration/strength of the steroid treatment, I declined to fill the prescription before speaking with a physician. Upon my second meeting with Dr. Tarigopoula, I described the worsening severity of my condition and my dissatisfaction with the way information had been communicated to me concerning the results of my colonoscopy and resultant treatment. She expressed neither empathy nor remorse. Instead, she simply asked me why I had not been taking the medication prescribed to me. I explained to her that, per my chart and medication list, I am currently an immunocomprosmised patient who has reservations about taking any steroid without discussing the risks and benefits with a physician first. She went on to condescend me and belittle my concern, providing very little clinical support as to why the drug would be beneficial for my condition. When I asked her what side effect to anticipate, she hesitated and simply said, “Well, I can’t think of any, but most of my patients start to feel better very soon on this medication”. When I asked further questions concerning long term prognosis (she finally voiced concern for ulcerative colitis/crohn’s disease), diet considerations and possible probiotic replacement, she gave one sentence responses or none at all. Her bedside manner continued to disintegrate during the encounter to a point where, when asked a question about my personal life, she insulted my interest in a particular subject. In short, my copay paid for little more than a finger-wagging that I had yet to take the medication prescribed to me. I was extremely dissatisfied with my visit. As an additional note, I am currently a medical student that is working toward her M.D. degree to be awarded in a few short years. In course of my training, I have received multiple lessons on communicating with patients, expressing empathy, and making the patient a partner in their healthcare plan. Due to my background in the medical field, I am even further disappointed in the treatment and care I received from Dr. Tarigopoula. Though my frustrations concern mainly Dr. Tarigopoula, I would not recommend the entire Ohio Gastroenterology group to anyone seeking help for their health concerns. For medical problems that often cause great impact to quality of life, one could find much better care from the many other specialist offices in the area.

November 12th, 2012
I would not recommend this doctor

August 20th, 2012
I had an endoscopy with ultrasound and a colonoscopy performed by Dr. Tarigopula. I found her to be very professional and caring. Her staff was excellent and interested in my well-being. I felt nothing during the procedures, woke up quickly and suffered no ill-effects from the anesthesia.

March 5th, 2012
Satisfied Patient - I highly recommend Dr.Tarigopula
Recently had my second colonoscopy performed by this doctor - both conducted w/o sedation (my choice). She is very professional, upbeat, and personable. Was happy to see me and followed up on personal matters as if we were old neighbors (would love to have friendly neighbors like her!). She and her fine staff encouraged me and kept me as comfortable as possible during this procedure, and gave me a great "tour" of my colon via monitor,removed two polyps, and answered my questions along the way. No complaints or reservations in recommending this doctor.

September 30th, 2011
I had an appointment with this doctor and she did a horrendous job with the upper endoscopy scope. I was choking and the witch kept putting the scope farther down my throat. Told me to swallow. Witch, how can I swallow when you where choking me the death. My esphogus is really soar and she probably torn tissue when removing the scope. The staff were unprofessional and did not know what they were doing. The stupid nurse could not get the IV correct in my arm, resulting in me feeling the entire procedure. When the witch doctor gave me the medication thur the tubing it did not work. I will NEVER EVER visit the endoscopy center on olentangy river road. The registration staff are rude and incompetant. Witch, go back to your own country and proform there. YOU are terrible.