Dr. Leigh Matlaga Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Leigh Matlaga?

Find Another Doctor

Posted on February 18th, 2016

I would first like to say her office staff is top notch, from the phlebotomist, to the nurse, to the techs, to the front desk - all very professional & a pleasure to deal with. However, the doctor takes on too many patients. For each appointment I was in her office for hours - my appointment time was not kept once. I miscarried & when I came in for my followup, she asked me, "what brings you in today". Then she made a comment about how she should read her case notes! Unreal! If you are looking for a doctor that values your time & you as a patient - keep looking.

Posted on May 4th, 2015

Very professional, patient and truly understanding. I would recommend her to be your doctor.

Not recommended

Posted on March 26th, 2015

Was pleased with her during my annual exam although she was rushed as other reviewers have said. A few months later when I called to see if I could switch to a different birth control pill she was very distracted, rude, and didn't act like she had more than a minute to talk. She seemed confused by what I was saying, then she admitted she didn't even have my chart in front of her. It felt like she could care less even though my issue was very simple and common at a GYN office. After that conversation I switched to a different doctor in the practice and have been pleased. Overall I think she is an intelligent doctor, but her bedside manner is definitely lacking.

Lost me after the physical exam

Posted on December 15th, 2014

The office staff are very nice and there was no wait to see the doctor. Dr. Matlaga listened to my concerns, but lost me as a patient after the physical exam (or lack of one). My internal exam and pelvic exam lasted less than 10 seconds and she didn't even do a breast exam. It was painful when she started to press on my pelvis and instead of being patient she made a sarcastic remark about me being good at tensing my muscles and quickly stopped the exam. She then hurried out of the room to her next patient. I have some uterine issues and did not feel she examined me well enough to see if there was a problem. I won't be returning for fear that this type of exam could allow issues to go undetected.

Fantastic Doctor, Very Knowledgeable & Thorough

Posted on January 25th, 2013

Dr. Matlaga is a wonderful doctor! I have seen her several times for a variety of GYN issues. She takes the time to listen and asks intelligent questions about items I do not think to bring up, but often are relevant to the diagnosis. She has an amazing ability to focus in on a precise detail and then zoom it back to a macro level in a very logical fashion. On several occasions she has called me after the visit to follow up and ensure the treatment prescribed or medication is working ok. On two occasions, she referred me to specialists, both of whom were outstanding and solved my issue. I still see one of the specialists, who regular confers with Dr. Matlatga about my progress. As far as schedule promptness, I usually try to schedule my appointments for early in the morning because the practice is so popular the schedule is often packed by the afternoon. When morning isn’t available, I simply bring a book and think of it as “me time”. Frankly, I think the packed schedule at the practice is a good thing...I wouldn't want to go to a doctor in a major metropolitan area that had openings in the schedule constantly. Over the years I’ve learned the schedule at the practice can often be re-organized due to an emergency patient development mid-day. Is this really that unexpected??? The practice delivers BABIES!! They don’t come on schedule! Am I sometimes inconvenienced when it’s 3pm and I’m the one stuck in the waiting room for a 2pm appointment? Sure. But you better bet when I'm the patient in the middle of a difficult pregnancy getting wheeled into an OR and need the doctor ASAP, I expect to take precedence over the routine office visit patients. An inconvenience isn’t the same things as a problem. Dr. Matlaga is a gem of a doctor and I’m glad I found her. If you can get into the practice’s schedule, it’s well worth it.

Great OB!

Posted on September 7th, 2012

I am not certain where the previous two criticisms of Dr. Matlaga comes from - she is one of the best doctors I have ever had take care of me - and I work in the medical field! She worked with me through a difficult pregnancy and was always caring and reassuring. Her office is very busy, which is the one drawback.

Happy she's not my usual doctor

Posted on April 4th, 2012

I needed a referral since my usual doctor was out of the office. She provided it which I appreciate that. But when she asked what was my issue and I tried to tell her she literally cut me off and was said something to the effect of "Alright, alright I'm writing it right now... Ok, bye" and HUNG UP! I feel for any patient that has to deal with her I really do.

No time for her Patients

Posted on May 18th, 2011

Saw this doctor and she seemed rushed. Sghe spent only less than five minutes with me and didn't seem to care about the questions I had. Such a turn off!

Posted on December 12th, 2016