Dr. Leigh Roberts MD Patient Reviews

• Adult Care Chicago, IL

• Good
  • Bad

May 20th, 2015
Dr. Roberts is very understanding and a wonderful advocate for her patients. I have seen her for many years and would never change my primary physician because I feel like a priority anytime I call.

November 2nd, 2014
Disappointed
I've been going to Dr. Roberts for the past few years and until recently felt like she was an ok doctor. My last couple visits she treated me like I was a stupid hypochondriac and I just chalked it up to her just being kind of brash. I'm a worrier, I get that, but my family has a terrible medical history so I'm on top of things. And quite frankly, she gets paid a lot of money to answer my questions. This weekend I went to a shady ER in my neighborhood who wanted to admit me for gallbladder issues. I didn't feel safe there and thought I would first see my primary care doctor, Dr. Roberts, for a second opinion. I was in so much pain and waited until the morning and called to get in. I told them that it was really serious and that there was a definite issue with my gallbladder according to this ER and could she see me. "Sure in an hour and a half…" right then I should have gone to the emergency room because my pain was unbearable but I wanted to go to someone I thought I could trust. I got in to the office with my wife and waited. When she walked in the room she looked at my wife and very rudely said "AND WHO IS THIS?!?!" Um that'd be my very caring and worried wife.. how about a hello? Then she listened to what I had to say.. and said "Well you don't have a fever, you aren't throwing up, and you aren't thrashing in pain.. What do you want to do?" Well I'm not thrashing because I'm trying to keep it together.. and when she pressed on my gallbladder I thought I was going to die… What do I want to do? I don't freaking know, I'm not a doctor! Her response was "no one in their right mind would operate on you. Go home, drink some Gatorade" That is when I started to cry.. "But how do I manage the pain? I can't work like this I can barely move" her response was.. and I'm completely serious.. "DEAL WITH IT" I cried harder now, mostly because I was so horrified at how I was being treated and was in so much pain. Finally she said "Well I guess you could go to the ER if that's what you want but they and they are just going to send you home" Her nurse wheeled me down…. and a few hours later gallbladder was removed. It was huge, full of stones, and without a doubt needed to be removed. The staff at the ER was shocked when I told them what my doctor said. I will never come back. I'm calling everyone I've ever recommended to tell them my story. I'm disgusted.

December 13th, 2013
I will continue to recommend Dr Roberts
I have been going to Dr Roberts for about 3 years and I have always had a great experience. The staff is professional and Dr Roberts makes the visits easy. She is very direct - which I like - but still compassionate. I have recommended her to several co-wokers and friends. A good choice!

July 6th, 2012
Great doctor's experience
I found Dr. Roberts after an extensive search and asking my friends for referrals. I was actually surprised to see a few recent negative postings on one review site....but I can ell you that Dr. Roberts was attentive, professional, and took her time with me. I found the overall experience nothing but excellent.

April 29th, 2012
FIRST RATE doctor - HIGHLY recommended
I have found Dr. Roberts to be one of the most honest and approachable doctors that I have had. She has been my PCP for over 4 years and has remained engaged and professional. I also have several friends who see her and have the same experience. Nice to see that most reviews tell the same story - honest, direct, professional and totally engaged. You won't find better -- I have not!

February 28th, 2012
WIll not go back
Didn't bother to notify me that I shouldn't eat prior to my visit for testing so now I am expected to come back for another visit.Dr. Roberts was not engaged. Dismissive, disinterested, and actually got up during my exam to take a phone call. Not impressed.

September 1st, 2010
Doctor Roberts is excellent!
Easy to make appointments, she is on time, her office is really great, staff is excellent, Dr. Roberts is easy to talk to and put me at ease right away. 5 stars from me...

July 24th, 2010
Realy good experience
I highly recommend

June 25th, 2010
An excellent physician
A truly inspirational physician who helped me back on the road to appropriate self-care. Does not run to write unnecessary prescriptions; is not alarmist. Put me immediately at ease.

June 13th, 2010
I highly recommend Dr. Roberts!
I had my second visit with Dr. Roberts and I wanted to share my experiences.I have found Dr. Roberts to be attentive, compassionate, complete in her exams, and warm. What I really appreciate is that she is listens first and then provides her opinion. I have had so many doctors not talk to me (or not hear me) and rush me out to see the next patient. Her staff is great - her office is great. I waited all of 5 minutes each time to get in. Next up is my boyfriend who I have bugged to get a physical --

May 31st, 2010
Fabulous!
Approachable, knowledgable, smart. An ideal doc in many ways. Highly recommend!,

May 6th, 2010
Everything I ever wanted in a primary physician!