Dr. Leila Zackrison MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Fairfax, VA

3.3

June 29th, 2016
The only issue I had with them is that a lot of their treatments have to be paid out of pocket or submitted to insurance on your own. Very thorough discussion of holistic approaches to wellness and they use lab work to back up their understanding of what is going on with each person.

June 7th, 2016
Communication excellence.
Dr. Z is thorough in looking for the root cause -- not the "here is a pill so you will feel ok." She has an excellent communication system to enhance communication between the doctor and patient. When you arrive one fill out a detailed sheet of situations to help her zero in on the analysis. But the best thing is at the top of the sheet an area for 3 questions you might want to ask her. This way one doesn't forget during the appointment. She also gives you a copy of her notes during the discussion Thus, if you forget something, which is often the situation, you, too, can review what she was writing down. Excellent communication.

April 18th, 2016
Was able to identify Lyme and Babeosis after no one else was able to identify any causes of weakness despite verifying symptoms. Thorough and a pathfinder in Tick borne diseases.

March 29th, 2016
She's very knowledgeable and really cares for her patients as a patient I need to be an avocate for my own health thanks to Dr Zackrison I can

December 26th, 2015
This woman is a quack. She uses your insurance to do research. She ruined my ability to get affordable health insursnce based on false diagnosis. Run, don't walk away.

April 8th, 2015
STEER CLEAR, QUACK DOCTOR WILL ONLY RELIEVE YOU OF YOUR $
The evil woman sells snake oil to gravely sick people, taking complete advantage of their desperation. Homeopathy has been scientifically proven hundreds, if not thousands of times to be utter nonsense. It has been proven time and agaim that homeopathy is no more effective than a placebo, which is no surprise given that it's literally 100% water that this woman is selling you for $60 or $80. It's 2015; any doctor who practices homeopathy ought to have their license revoked! Do not waste your time and money with this woman. She will milk you for every penny she can. It is in her best interest that her patients stay sick, she extends her patients treatment so she can keep stealing their money with worthless IV sessions and a plethora of overpriced pseudomedicine. She tricks patients into staying at her practice even though they dont get better, baiting them with the notion that she's buiding up to an aggressive treatment and that the time where they start to see real improvement is just around the corner. It's painful to see her patients who have not gotten better after YEARS under her care and tens of thousands of dollars down the drain. If you want to get better, without counting on your susceptibility to the placebo effect, don't go to this doctor. Period.

November 5th, 2014
I am still undergoing treatment but I feel it necessary to say that Dr. Zackrison is amazing. She has given me my life back. I went in barely able to function and three months later I can think, move, and live life without major pain. Her practice is a combination of holistic and traditional medicine. They found some major things that could have been found by my other doctors had they bothered to order blood tests to check (like my B-12 being the lowest they had ever seen and the fact that I have a double MTHFR gene which causes methylation problems). To those who comment that she pushes her own vitamins I would like to say that I have been able to buy the majority of my supplements she has recommended through Amazon.com or Whole Foods with their full blessing. The only ones I buy from their supplement shop are ones that I can buy cheaper through them than what Amazon sells them for. Her prices are also lower than any other doctors in-office vitamin facility that I have checked. I wish we had someone as thorough and dedicated closer to where we live. I travel 4 hours each way to see her and it's worth it!

February 26th, 2014
My Dr Detective
I am a firm supporter of Dr Z.! I was diagnosed b7 another MD with "Fibromyalgia" and told "here is something for pain and to sleep-see you in 3 months"! I has pain in every joint, no memory, could barely walk up steps, went to bed exhausted and woke up the same way. A friend told me I sounded just like her and urged me to get in to see Dr Z. Finally appointment opened up. I was never so thourougly tested. For 2-3 years I was under her care and today I am NOT the person I was when I went to see her. She gave me my life back. MD's don't like her because their patients go to her. She searches until she finds out what is wrong! She thinks outside the BOX! I called her a Dr Detective! PLUS she herself went thru the same processes when she was diagnosed with "Fibromyalgia" . I was told in the beginning of treatment, I would feel like a Mac truck hit me not once but twice but then would be brought back up. That did happen! Thank you Dr Z! It has been 8 years since my treatment stopped and I am living my life again! I cannot tell you about the staff or wait time since it has been so long since I have been there.

August 1st, 2013
She saved my life. I suffered with Lyme disease for 8 years before being diagnosed. After a very long and complicated journey to try to get well Dr Zackrison diagnosed me with Lyme and after 2years of treatment I was well. I have gotten my life back and have litterally run marathons since being cured! Well worth the 4.5 hour drive to see her each visit.

May 28th, 2013
I implore you, DO NOT GO TO HER
I cannot stress to you enough to NOT GO TO THIS LADY. She came highly recommended from several people we know and trust, therefore we didn't really do any research. My wife was diagnosed with Babesia (a common Lyme co-infection) and when I asked my doctor about the diagnosis, he asked who it came from and when I told him, he said he didn't want to say anything bad about another doctor but for me to "just Google her." Then I stumbled upon these (and more) reviews. Multiple doctors said the same thing. She was called a "last resort" doctor by another opinion we got. Essentially, they said if you are hopeless and have won the lottery / are hemorrhaging cash, then she can mix up a concoction and you can hope it works. Meanwhile dumping all your cash to her. Just in one visit, we spent $1K and the medication she put my wife on made her extremely sick. Once she was off, she was fine, and with a basic prescription from another doctor, is now fine and is training for a half marathon. Please, please, please, just take these reviews seriously and avoid her at all costs!!!

October 25th, 2012
This place is horrible. If you have a lot of money and want to spend them all, go there. She doens't care about you at all, her main interest is your money. Don't go there, you will regret it.

June 29th, 2012
Saved my life
I was on a downward spiral before coming to Dr. Z. The lyme and it's con-infections were affecting my vision, central nervous system, skin, joints, etc. I couldn't read or remember anything. I thought I was dying. It took about a year, but I have my life back. For that I am grateful.