Dr. Leli Matthews MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

October 22nd, 2012
Dr. Matthews & Wellstar urgent care
First off, DO NOT go to Wellstar urgent care in Acworth. They are a joke. Staff is rude and very unprofessional. Male nurse that was taking my vitals was nasty, in a rush, and had track marks on his arm. Doctor Matthews did not seem to know what she was doing. I went in for a terrible earache that was going down my neck and lasted almost a week. She looked at it and said she couldn't see anything and that it should be irrigated so she'd be able to see what was going on. I agreed to the irrigation and she had a different nurse come do the procedure. All the nurse said was that she was going to put something in my ear to harden it and then she was going to drain everything out. She put some sort of pink stuff in with a syringe and left the room. 10 minutes later she came back and started the irrigation process. She took a syringe with COLD solution and shoved it all the way in my ear, forcefully, and squirted it as fast and as hard as she could. She repeated that about 9 times, shoving my head to the side, instead of asking me to tilt it. At that point, I couldn't take it anymore. I was extremely dizzy and in pain. I told her she needed to stop because I didn't feel good. She rudely asked what was wrong and left the room. She came back a few minutes later and said that Dr. Matthews wanted her to do it some more. I told her I didn't think it was a good idea and I was finished. She left again, and then Dr. Matthews finally came in the room. She looked in my ear and said my eardrum looked "cloudy" and that it was red. I asked her if it was like that before the irrigation or after, and she said it could have been before or it could have been from the irrigation. She didn't know. Does that make any sense???? She told me she would be back with some drops and a prescription for them and some antibiotic drops. She asked if I wanted any pain medication. At that point I probably could have said I wanted anything and she would have written it for me but I am not a druggie so I told her I was fine and that I could take Tylenol if need be. She left the room, did not come back with drops, instead the nurse comes back in with presriptions and tells me I'm all done. I will never go back to Wellstar urgent care again, nor will I ever see Dr. Matthews. Also, the whole time I was there, the staff was laughing and screaming at the desk like they were having a party. Must be all the drugs they just hand out at that place. It is going on my 4th day after the irrigation and I cannot hear at all out of my right ear, it hurts, I have a constant ringing and I get episodes of dizziness. I feel worse than before I even went there.