Dr. Lenny Cohen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 30th, 2015
i was recommended by my rheumatologist and getting an appt was difficult and the staff was so unprofessional, appearance and all. I knew there was a copay and the girl said that i didn't but when the bill came I got charged more than my actual copay should've been and the doctor was very unfriendly/short while performing my test and he didn't give me any instruction as to what was next and i never got a follow up call other than a call reminding me about my bill. he is one of the worst doctors ive ever seen.

July 15th, 2013
Radiologic Technologist -Retired
I like to go to Dr. Cohen's Office it is a warm, comfortable feeling to know a doctor cares about my health. Especially since I found out I have a lifetime of Epilepsy, and developing other ailments. Dr. Cohen and his Nurse Receptionist Patricia Sasso are great people. They attend to my appointment immediately and respond to all my questions when asked. The one and most important reason I go to Dr. Cohen office is he is a real person with a sense of humor. He puts up with my ole lady silliness as I call it and he smiles. RN Patricia talks to me as if we have known each other for a long time. Exchange of conversational ideas and generalities are important because I no longer have relatives living in Illinois. The place is great and I would recommend this office to all my friends and relatives. Dr. Cohen and his staff Patricia and Angela are intelligent, prompt, professional, and courteous. I know that going to a doctor's office can be scary and unnerving. But I go to see a friend(s) who help me with my health problems. Keep Up the Good Work Dr. Cohen.

June 11th, 2013
My Neurologist is Great
Dr. Cohen is a great Neurologist, I feel calm and comfortable whenever I visit his office. Having worked a health care position for 35 years previous to meeting Dr. Cohen gives me an advantage. There is no cockiness of Me, Myself and I. He is aware of my problems and talks to me about them. I do not think he is talking at me, but directly to me as his patient and as a person. This tremendously important to me because I am at a time period when I have to depend on his decisions to help me face the future. I go to visit my doctor who is also my friend. Dr. Cohen is a very intelligent specialist who is also sensitive to his patient needs. Plus I feel secure that his office is only a few blocks away from my home. He has a very good staff which I believe are professional and very efficient. I really like Dr. Cohen and I feel blessed he is my Neurologist.

May 10th, 2013
I finally have found relief.
I have been battling ache and pains for the six years. I was recommended to this hospital by a friend. I started off in Dr. Liven office. And traveled up the ropes from Dr. Weber. then I met my New BEST FRIEND. Dr. Cohen. Within a matter of months, a referral for an epidural injection and his wonder occipital nerve block injections. I seem to able to move once again. Now I can enjoy my 2 beautiful granddaughter. THANK YOU DR. COHEN AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU..I FINALLY HAVE FOUND RELIEF!!!!!!

May 7th, 2013
A doctor who cares.
Bright. Prompt. Caring.

May 2nd, 2013
Nice & Easy
I was skeptic about seeing another Neurologist, I've had bad experiences with a few and I was very nervous about seeing Dr. Cohen. As I made my appointment and arrived on the scheduled date I found that he actually listened and cared. He listened to everything I had said and didn't interupt at all. When I was done he actually talked to me like he cared and that automaticlly put me at ease. When I was done with my appointment I had felt very comfortable with him being my Neuro doctor. I actually liked that he showed care and concern as where other Neurologists just didn't care and just wanted to push a medicine down my throat. Dr. Cohen gave me many options and again I was and is very happy with him. I plan on continuing to see him from here on out. :-)

March 22nd, 2013
Dr. Cohen saved my daughter's life
Dr. Cohen saw my daughter immediately the next day after an ER visit and quickly realized the ER diagnosis was incorrect and that something was seriously wrong. He worked doggedly over about a week and a half to eliminate many possibilities and finally discovered a rare neurological condition. During this time, Dr. Cohen didn't worry about making appointments, telling us to just "come in" in order to expedite the process. As a result of making the correct diagnosis in a timely way, my daughter received the surgery she needed to survive. She graduates college in June.

March 13th, 2013
First Time Patient
While the doctor and staff are friendly, their follow up is horrible! I visited Dr.Cohen last year and received an order for blood test. I'vecalled the doctor's office several times since for the results of my blood order. Each time I'm told that I will receive a call back from the doctor or assistant. To date, I have not received a follow up call regarding my test results. Their is no respect for the patients rights to access records and timely follow up.

June 13th, 2012
I like this office
Nice office. I was able to discuss all my concerns regarding possible therapies. Doctor is very pleasant and knowledgeable. Secretaries are very helpful with getting MRI authorized and scheduled.

December 6th, 2011
Enough with the negative, time for POSITIVE!
Dr. Cohen is absolutely a great doctor! He is very knowledgeable and honest. He does his best to help all of his patients and that's what I love about it. So for everyone that had something negative to say about him is WRONG! I would recommend anyone to him. The office is clean and his African American receptionist is just wonderful, helpful, and ALWAYS SMILES! I love this Dr. and his staff... I will always return and recommend him to others.

September 26th, 2011
Negative reviews really?
Was about to leave couple words of positive experience I had in Dr. Cohen's office but was surprised to see bunch of negative reviews. Not sure if we were seeing the same doctor.1. Was able to get an appointment relatively fast.2 Not much waiting time in the office itself (in contrary to many other medical offices).3. Dr. Cohen is having VERY pleasant personality and actually spent some time simply talking to me.4. Appears to be knowledgeable and caring.A+ from me. Sorry for those who had negative experience but it is simply hard to believe.

August 24th, 2011
IGNORANT DOCTOR
Not pleasure experience, the doctor is very ignorant and not knowledgeable. I don't think I will see him again.