Dr. Lenora Ashley MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

September 10th, 2013
20 year Patient
I have been a patient of Dr. Ashley's for over 20 years. I started seeing her as a child and am now an adult. She has helped me (many times) find a medication that works and has been able to help me find different ones when my insurance stopped covering certain drugs. Yes, she can be very straight forward, which I often didn't care for or appreciate as a teenager. However, she was right! She has stood by me for 20+ years and has worked with me during times when I've struggled financially. She does run behind sometimes during appointments, but that's mostly because she cares and wants to ensure you aren't pushed out the door.

January 26th, 2013
Oh God
She saw me twice and put me on a very heavy dose of antidepressant. At 7 now I'm 27 I attempted suicide. I later saw Dr Jonathan Lauter who was convinced the medication caused me to do that. Needless to say Lanora to this day I resent you your unprofessionalism and the negative impact you had on my life

August 10th, 2011
Worst experience EVER!
No nonsense??? Hateful and opionated! and I agree, bases diagnoses on personal opinion as opposed to professional. Left in tears after I was told that we MIGHT train our daughter to function. Our daughter is now on scholarship at Georgia Tech. Run, run FAST!

February 21st, 2011
We really like her!
My husband and I went to another local children's psychiatrist that was recommended to us by my own psychiatrist. She studied at Harvard...took insurance..sounded great! It was not at all! We knew of people who had used this office before seeing other doctors and thought we would give it a try even though she doesn't take insurance. Our first impression with the last doctor was right on (in a bad way!) and this time our first impression seems to be right on but in a great way~! We really clicked with her...she was good with our son and she has been great at following up with us to see how the meds are working and helping us to adjust them!

April 20th, 2010
Worst "bedside manner"
Bases diagnoses on personal opinion as opposed to professional. Doesn't hear out the client or even check previous history. Will determine she is right no matter what and will push to put you on medication that has made you sick prior no matter hwat the outcome.