A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Leo Cooney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Leo Cooney is Poor.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Leo Cooney, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Fractures
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Cooney graduated from Yale University, New Haven. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Cooney has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Haven Health Center-Soundview, West Haven CT
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Leo Cooney MD is a male Internist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, and Geriatric Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Leo Cooney practice?
- Dr. Leo Cooney has 5 office locations.
Dr. Leo Cooney practices Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, and Geriatric Medicine near New Haven, CT.
Additional practice locations include: West Haven, CT.
See New Haven Internists, New Haven Rheumatologists, and New Haven Geriatric Doctors.