A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Leo Cooney, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
He has special expertise in 4 Areas, including Arthritis, Hip Fractures, and Rheumatic Diseases.1 more special expertise area
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Cooney graduated from Yale University, New Haven. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Cooney has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Haven Health Center Of New Haven, New Haven CT
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cooney accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Americhoice - 3 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Anthem - 17 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Leo Cooney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Leo M. Cooney practice?
Dr. Leo Cooney practices Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, and Geriatric Medicine near New Haven, CT.
See New Haven Internists, New Haven Rheumatologists, and New Haven Geriatric Doctors.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Leon Cooney, Dr. Lionel Cooney