A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Leo Scarpino:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Leo Scarpino is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Leo Scarpino, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Infectious Disease
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Scarpino graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Scarpino has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Lehigh Valley Hospital
- Coordinated Health Orthopedic Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Scarpino accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Leo J. Scarpino practice?
Dr. Leo Scarpino practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Allentown, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Bethlehem, PA and East Stroudsburg, PA.
See Allentown Surgeons.