A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Leo Twiggs:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Leo Twiggs is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Leo Twiggs, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 27 areas:
- Carcinoma in Situ
- Cervical Tumor (Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia
- Female Genital Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Hot Flashes
- Hydatidiform Mole
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Metastatic Cancer
- Multiple Primary Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Placental Site Trophoblastic Tumor
- Pregnancy Complications
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Trophoblastic Cancer
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Twiggs graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 16 awards.
Dr. Twiggs has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Heart Hospital of New Mexico
- West Mesa Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Twiggs accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- WellCare - 4 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 4 plans
- Americhoice - 1 plan
- Humana - 27 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Leo B. Twiggs practice?
Dr. Leo Twiggs practices Obstetrics & Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, Gynecology, and Medical Oncology near Albuquerque, NM.
Additional practice locations include: Miami, FL.
See Albuquerque Obstetricians & Gynecologists and Albuquerque Oncologists.