Dr. Leon Baginski MD Patient Reviews

January 27th, 2016
The Best Doctor on the Planet!
Dr B is an outstanding physician! I am have been his patient for about 25 years and I can always count on him for excellent care. He is extremely knowledgeable and has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have in my 67 years of life. Dr Baginski will give you the highest quality of care. You can absolutely count on it.

February 24th, 2014
Dr. Baginski made our dreams come true!
Dr Baginski has been my OB since 2011. My husband and I were desperate to start a family and needed some help. Enter Dr. B. After years of trials and tribulations, we now have a healthy 6 week old daughter! We could not have done it without his help. And I can not imagine a different doctor and staff to endure that journey with. The entire doctors office has become an extended family for my husband and I. Dr B is very knowledgable about infertility (among other things) and made me feel very comfortable at every visit. I would recommend Dr B to all my friends and family!

January 6th, 2014
I have been going to see Dr. Baginski for approximately 19 years. Although he did not deliver any of my three children he has taken very good care of me. I have had an eblasion procedure over five years ago with zero complications. Dr. Baginski and his office staff especially Freddie are always attentive, caring and thoughtful. They try very hard to keep their patients from waiting extend periods of time. He is not only the best OBGYN I have ever had but he is the BEST DOCTOR I have ever had.

October 11th, 2013
I highly recommend Dr. Baginski!
Dr. Baginski is an extremely compassionate doctor as well as an excellent physician. He delivered both of our children and has continued to take excellent care of me ever since then. In fact, Dr. Baginski saved my life when he quickly and accurately diagnosed me with breast cancer and referred me for immediate treatment. I would highly recommend him!

January 23rd, 2013
I now relax in Dr. Baginski's care. I find a certain ease and comfort in his ordinariness--the familiar sight of his tousled brown hair, stubble on his boyish face, crumples in his navy blue scrubs. It may seem odd to draw upon the ordinary, but ordinariness is in fact the hallmark of this extraordinary physician and gifted surgeon. Sharply tailored suits and Italian loafers could never reflect the Dr. Baginski I've come to know and appreciate. Such dress is only practical for physicians who spend their days writing prescriptions for nasal decongestants. The day of my oophorectomy, Dr. Baginski spent the morning hours performing pelvic exams, ultrasounds, menopause care, and prenatal care at his office. Later the hospital paged him to guide a woman through her birth experience--an hour before my surgery Dr. Baginski delivered her baby. I imagine a beautiful baby, soft, tiny, fragile even to her mother's touch. He arrived at the surgical center well after four in the evening to perform my surgery. A couple hours after his arrival, a nurse roused me from the anesthesia--anxiety immediately set in as I became suddenly aware of the sensation of pain, the chill of the air, and the strangeness of the faces around me. Unexpectedly, the curtain around the bed billowed as if caught in a breeze, then from behind the simple cotton drape stepped the surgeon with the familiar stubbled chin and tousled hair; his scrubs slightly crumpled as usual. Dr. Baginski words simply faded in midair, for in that moment, his words did not matter, only the sight of his familiar face. Dr. Baginski understood the oophorectomy was a deeply personal and very difficult decision for me. What Dr. Baginski did not know--and still does not know, is why. We all have a backstory; only I think of mine as a dead manuscript. I am not nostalgic. Nostalgia is a like a strange old country where time and distance distorts the moments of my life, blunts the pain of violence and poverty, yet rouses them to consciousness, sharpens their complexities. I am at peace now, but those who still seek peace at times disturb mine, rouse my thoughts, and leave me restless. In these moments, my thoughts drift downstream, flow deep into the old country where they lodge into my complex consciousness. I then question everything. I am not one given to trust. And in the days leading up to surgery, I found I did not trust myself. I needed to trust my surgeon. I needed to know unequivocally if I said, "Stop, I change my mind," he would hold me back from the precipice--keep me from slipping into the abyss of which I feared. The day of my pre-op appointment, I sat in Dr. Baginski's office. Quite suddenly he stopped work at his computer, turned his chair around, looked straight at me, and said, "If at any time you change your mind, all you have to do is pick up the phone and call me. It doesn't matter how close to surgery we get. It doesn't matter that we did the lab work." Intellectually I rationalize this as an extraordinary moment of sensibilities--the ability to perceive and respond to the intellectual and emotional needs of his patients. Aesthetically, it resonated as a wabi sabi moment. Wabi sabi does not translate to English; we cannot translate the experience evoked when one drinks from a master potter's teacup; we cannot translate the blend of melancholy and exhilaration we feel at the sight of a butterfly emerging from a cocoon--knowing its days are few. Wabi sabi is more than the mutual understanding of emotions conveyed between the master painter and the audience--wabi sabi is the experience of the realization and the understanding of those emotions. The sins of my father are my burden to bear. I rarely speak of my past, not even to my children. Grace, not shame silenced me. And too, I do not like to be mistaken for a girl with a dragon tattoo. So Dr. Baginski knows nothing of the violence in my past. But he is intuitive. He sensed my deep apprehension. He sensed my doubt. Without my ever saying the words, he understood enough to place himself squarely between my doubt and me--exactly where I wanted him to stand, exactly where I needed him to stand. On the day of my surgery, as the anesthesiologist prepared to take me to the OR he asked if I had any further questions for Dr. Baginski. I said, "No." I expected Dr. Baginski to leave, yet he remained steadfast at the foot of my bed until they took me away. I have no idea why Dr. Baginski stood there, for all I know he was mulling his weekend errand list. However, the gift of a final minute to change my mind was for me the rare and precious gift of trust. A gift I cherish, but rarely give or receive in life. In that moment, Dr. Baginski let me exhale, let me lie back, close my eyes, and relax in his care.

November 15th, 2012
Such a wonderful experience
I have six children, I know I know that's quite a family. But, I guess that sort of makes me an authority on obgyn's. Dr. Baginski delivered my 6th child when I turned 42. This was a surprise delivery and he understood this fact. He was professional and caring. He took the time to discuss the risks, but also made my experience very calm. I found that his expertise is just what I needed at this phase of my life and delivery. I highly reccommend him to everyone for all your needs! He is the best Dr. out of six:)

October 4th, 2012
Maddie Nopwaskey - Patient of Dr Baginski
My expectation with Doctors is that their compentancy is without fault. However, when it comes to understanding the patient's mental and emotional well being,I rate Dr. Baginski with 5 stars. I always know I am receiving excellent care with him.

July 3rd, 2012
I Want to Brag to Everyone!
I want to brag to everyone how you are the best doctor I have ever had and how you fixed my c-section scar that was so gross, and you made it practically transparent. I seriously could not have asked for a better doc to take care of me and my baby. I am forever grateful for you Dr. B. Thank you from my heart and God Bless!

June 8th, 2012
Dr. Baginski is fantastic. He found an removed my endometriosis when I was a teenager and delivered my daughter 15 years later. There is no other doctor that I would consider going to. When changing insurance, I had to make sure he was on there first.

May 11th, 2012
INCREDIBLE Doctor!
Dr. B is the most incredible doctor and surgeon. Everyone should have the experience of pure confidence in who is caring for you during an exciting yet nerve wracking time of your life during pregnancy and birth. I knew I was in the best hands and continue to be even now that I am done having kids.

May 1st, 2012
Excellent Physician
I recently had a complicated surgery that required expertise, and Dr. Baginski was referred to me by my IM. He inspired great confidence as he had deep experience with some aspects of this surgery. As my issue did not present a clear path at the onset, Dr. B did his due diligence, contacting many colleagues asking advice. Ultimately he formulated a plan that both he, and I, were confident in. The results were great.I would recommend Dr. Baginski readily. He took great care of me and successfully rectified my situation. His expertise and bedside manner are unbeatable.

April 25th, 2012
Kremena Lyutskanova
Doctor Baginski is super professional.He take care for me true all my pregnancy.Because I had c-section before he did my second c-section in Mission Hospital.It was on time,smooth,he care how I feel all the time,he did close it with staples,and 2 months later you can barely see my scar.I highly recommend him and there are no words to describe how grateful I am to him!Thank you very much Doctor Baginski!I am glad I found you!