A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Leon Futoran:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Leon Futoran is Good.
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Retina Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Futoran graduated from Moscow Medical Stomatologic Institute.
Dr. Futoran has 7 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore Univ Hosp At Forest Hills
- Lutheran Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Futoran accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- WellCare - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 16 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Leon D. Futoran practice?
Dr. Leon Futoran practices Ophthalmology near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Bronx, NY and Far Rockaway, NY.
See Brooklyn Ophthalmologists.