Urologists
2700 10th Ave S
Ste 505
Birmingham, AL 35205
205-933-7321
Locations and availability (1)

|  Repaired Broken Spirit  |  show details
by Carnes on Nov 24th, 2010

When I was referred to Dr. Hamrick, I was broken. My heart, my spirit, my pride and above all, my health. Two weeks prior I had surgery for an abdominal hysterectomy. During the surgery, I received a nick in my bladder wall, which became a gaping hole in a very short period of time. With my urine having no where to go, I developed a fistula. Dr Hamrick knew that I was terrified of another abdominal surgery. With a pat on my hand and warm smile, he assured me that he would do his best to fix this hole. Even though this was no normal operation and I didn't know this man, I believed him. After surgery, I had a superpubic tube for 6 weeks. I was very weak and still believe peanut butter crackers are the absolute best energy food in the world. The surgery I had normally requires another surgery to remove everything, but he removed my bladder stint and tube in his office. I was so thankful NOT to go through that for the third time. All in all Dr. Hamrick repaired me - and for that, I am forever grateful. I thank God for Dr. Hamrick, he's a blessing!