A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Leon Herndon:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Leon Herndon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Leon Herndon, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Glaucoma Surgery (Trabeculectomy)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Ocular Hypertension
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Herndon graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Herndon has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
- Duke Raleigh Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Leon Walker Herndon MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 20 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Leon W. Herndon practice?
- Dr. Leon Herndon has 5 office locations.
Dr. Leon Herndon practices Ophthalmology near Durham, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Raleigh, NC.
See Durham Ophthalmologists.