Dr. Leon Kavaler MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology New York, NY

• Good
  • Bad

June 23rd, 2016
Dr. Kavaler is a wonderful doctor as well as a caring individual. He spends as much time as needed with you, answers all questions in a professional manner and explains all options thoroughly. He makes you feel very comfortable while at times it is necessary to discuss uncomfortable issues relevant to your complaint. I've had several procedures done that he performed and during those as well, you feel his care and concern for your comfort. I never take the time to write a review but felt it was warranted with Dr. Kavaler.

December 15th, 2015
Dr. Kavaler: Competence And Professionalism At Its Best
Dr. Kavaler along with his wife, a board certified anesthesiologist, make an excellent team. You can count on them for professionalism, knowledge, and experience. They are very personable and engaging, exhibiting a caring presence with their patients. Hats off to their competence.

October 22nd, 2015
Dr. Kavaler is a good doctor, I wouldn't rave highly about him. However, Dr. Kavaler has a great personality and displays beside manners. A few weeks ago, I had an endoscopy procedure done and a biopsy was taken at that time. After my procedure, Dr, Kavaler mentioned that he would contact me within 7 business days with results from my biopsy. Dr. Kavaler nor his staff contacted me with my results. I left several messages and after 2 weeks of contacting his office, a staff member finally contacted me with the results from my biopsy.

May 18th, 2015
Great Doctor
He's just the best doctor anyone can ever go to. He's great at what he does and his bed side manner is tremendous.

January 13th, 2015
He saved my life
I thought I had food poisoning, and I could point to the very oyster that caused it, but my wife insisted that I see Dr. Kavaler. It turned out I was 6 hours from death and an adhesion had completely closed the intestines and gangrene was about to set in.

June 9th, 2011
Amazing Doctor
I have never met a doctor like dr. kavaler. Often times, especially i NYC, doctors do not spend the necessary time with you. This was absolutely not the case with dr. kavaler. I needed a colonoscopy and dr. kavaler works with his wife, an anesthesiologist, who is equally amazing. They are truly the A team. I read all his reviews on ratemds.com and he was just as wonderful as his ratings suggest. I would highly, highly recommend dr. kavaler, without reservation.

December 17th, 2009
caring professional

August 1st, 2009
so-so
Mediocre. Not bad, not good either. Nice enough.

February 27th, 2017