Dr. Leon Lewis MD Patient Reviews

August 17th, 2016
The very best ever!!!!

March 2nd, 2016
Answered Prayer
I was going through a very difficult time in my life in not knowing what was going on with my body. I was diagnosed with pre-cancerous cells and needed someone competent to handle me. My husband found Dr. Lewis through the yellow pages. The receptionist, Lisa (I believe) was kind, gentle & caring. Her interest in me over the phone reassured me that we had made the right choice. I needed someone competent in cutting edge procedures & techniques, thorough, and compassionate. God gave me all these things by sending Dr. Lewis in my life.

December 9th, 2015
Best doctor. Had the best pregnancy, and delivery because of Dr. Lewis.

October 20th, 2015
Great doctor
Great doctor. I will use his services as long as I need a gynecologist. Dr. Lewis is a nice person and his staff is equally nice and courteous.

April 29th, 2015
Dr. Lewis is beyond fantastic! He took his time to explain my high risk pregnancy and made sure my son and I were taken care of promptly and sufficiently. I still see him as my regular gynecologist and recommend him whenever I have the chance.

April 5th, 2013
I live in Marshall county. Albertville to be exact. My first pregnancy I used a local ob/gyn. It wasn't a horrible experience, I had a healthy baby girl. But it wasn't great either. I only saw my dr. a couple of times before I had my baby and he had some very rude staff members. he was also watching Oprah while he broke my water. The first nurse I had was very mean to me and he wasn't even in the room when I started pushing. With my second pregnancy I knew I wanted a dr I was more comfortable with but I had no idea who to choose. I literally picked Dr. Lewis out of a stack of papers of at least 60 ob/gyns. Huntsville is about a 45 min dive but i decided it would be worth it. I had a fairly normal pregnancy till around 30 weeks or so. I started measuring about 2 weeks ahead of schedule as was the baby. I also had extra amniotic fluid which was well monitored. I had u/s at every visit. On Christmas day i was what i thought were braxton hicks all day. That night i could not sleep the contractions were getting more intense. Around midnight i woke my husband up ant told him it was time we needed to head to the hospital, and of course this is the year there was the snow storm. The first thing he said was the roads are closed go back to bed. When we got to the hospital they put me in a room and a nurse came in to check to see if I was dilated any and to monitor my contractions. I was only 36 weeks. I was at 4cm and the baby was in position and my contractions were more intense than before. When Dr. Lewis got there (mind you the snow storm) my contraction had almost stopped completely. Dr. Lewis, my husband and I made the decision to go ahead with the delivery due to me being so far dial aged, the size of the baby and we were afraid if I went all the way back home and it happened again I might not make it back to the hospital. By this time the nurses and Dr. Lewis had done 3 u/s to make sure the baby was in the correct position. About an hour later when Dr. Lewis broke my water it was unreal. I had so much amniotic fluid and it was everywhere. After everything was cleaned up I went ahead with my epidural and 20 mins later the nurse came in to check me. The phone rings and my husband answers, its his mom. I am listen to make sure he tells the right floor and room number and doing what the nurse is asking of me anxious to see how I'm progressing. The nurse looks at me and says oh no. I what it is and tell my husband to hang up something is wrong. The nurse gets the phone out of her front pocket and immediately calls Dr. Lewis. She is talking into the phone saying a lo of things we don't understand. Two other nurses run into the room and i am in tears. She hangs up and says I'm so sorry but we have to do an emergency c-section. Basically when Dr. Lewis broke my water the rush from so much fluid turned the baby. The nurse was in between my legs with a hand and the umbilical cord in her hands. The baby quickly pulled her hand back inside. I was wheeled to the or. I was in and out during my c-section. I remember being scared to death and they let my husband come in the room. The anesthesiologist and the nurse never left my side. She was even there while I was in recovery. I was in and out of it but I know I talked none stop. Dr. Lewis did a great job i had another healthy baby girl and you can barely see my scar. He was there everyday until I went home. I am now pregnant with my third baby and I didn't hesitate to use him again. I want to try for a vbac with this baby. And he gave me the ok which was a huge relief. I know I had a better experience with Dr. Lewis before even though things didn't go according to the birth plan I had wanted. And I know the same will happen with the delivery of this baby. I would also like to say that the rest of the staff are incredible people as well. They are always friendly. They know me by my first name and they all have genuine conversations with me. I am comfortable with each and everyone of them. I know this is long but I wanted to share my story and say that even if things go good or "normal" if you don't have a hands on dr. And staff then its not something you'd want to experience again. But even when things for wrong or not according to your birth plan with the right dr. The wrinkles still work theirselves out and everything goes as smooth as possible.

August 28th, 2012
Great staff
Staff is always happy, great smile on there faces when you walk in & out of office, everyone is very polite & friendly.

August 8th, 2012
would never change Doctor ...
No matter how long the wait is I will never transfer out... the dr. Is caring and understands my fuatration.. had all 3 kids with him.. he personally returns his calls if the nurse can't help you when you call the first time..

May 2nd, 2012
Excellent Personal Care!!!
I have been seeing Dr. Lewis for the past 5yrs. and I wouldn't recommend anyone else. He was able to diagnose my problem and got me into surgery very early so I wouldn't have to endure any pain.

December 9th, 2011
Engineer
I was impressed that Dr. Lewis took initiative to address our concerns, answered our questions thoroughly, communicated well in general, and his office staff was kind and responsive throughout my wife's first pregnancy. I am glad that he is my wife's doctor!

December 7th, 2011
this doctor mistake cost me hundreds of dollars, i wont recommend him to anyone.

September 21st, 2009