Dr. Leon Margolin, MD
Pain and Spine Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Practice Fusion.
 |  NOT EVERYONE THAT SEE A PAIN DOCTOR IS SEEKING DRUGS.....  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2014

I have read the reviews before seeing this doctor, but unfortunately i had no choice because of my insurance,I have a bone disease that will render me to a wheelchair, I got my referral from my primary doctor,I HAVE NEVER written a review but this doctor really made me feel like i was taking up his time,my appointment was schedule i had to wait a month before i could see this doctor, a week before i was to be seen i woke up with a paralyzing pinch nerve i could not move my leg, so i took a pain reliever, the day of my appointment the nurse came out and took me back and started to do test that i already had done,that was not a big deal,after that and 2 hours later the doctor spoke with me about my results ,then he ask me about any drug use,i was truthful and told him about taking the pain reliever,i told him this before i took a urine test,anyway he cut me off and said i could discuss that with the phycolgst, which i did, on my second visit i had more test done, and then he ask me if i wanted to see my results i said yes, then he had me go to another room and wait, after another hour a nurse come in explaining why the doctor was discharging me, then proceeded to give me a stack of papers for drug addiction i was speechless and embarrass,I went in there and was very truthful and now even though i have doctor statements and numerous x-rays and reports i feel like i have to always explain ,now i have to try and find another doctor,This doctor has poor skills of how to treat people and that is just sad, I am not saying i was not at fault, but i do think that every patent should be looked at as an individual, so after all that i left his office at 9.00 pm,

Doctor's Response

Thank for this review. It seems that the patient acknowledges to failing a urine screen. The patient is not comfortable mentioning her name... It seems that it was an appropriate discharge according to the guidelines. Patient who take illicit substances or narcotic meds not prescribed to them may be discharged and referred to addiction medicine evaluation...

|  Outstanding !  |  show details
by James Price on Sep 17th, 2014

Very pleased with my first visit. I read the reviews before I went. All together it took about , two and a half hours. I was treated with kindness all the staff members where kind and courteous. I recommend this Dr to anyone very professional and sincere. I'm looking forward to my next visit. It is refreshing to find a place so helpfull that treats you with dignity and respect ; -)

by Jacqueline Bailey on Aug 1st, 2014

My needs are all met here with kindness. The staff is very friendly and seem to really care about your health.

|  Awful  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2014

clear your schedule....the wait is absolutely atrocious. 4-5 hours at leat for each appt. There are simply way too many patients here. Staff is cold and rude. Ive had a script that required prior auth from the dr office for the pharmacy to fill waiting at the dr office for almost TWO WEEKS. DONT go here unless it is a last resort....

by Alexander Shmuklen on Jun 2nd, 2014

I have known Dr. Margolin for about five years now and I am very satisfied with his care. He is compassionate and caring. His personal is professional and caring also. I am very happy with the care I have revived.

|  find another doctor!  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2014

my first visit with dr. margolin took 2 1/2 hours.............it is a money-making factory! he wants to have his enormous staff do all sorts of procedures without even taking the time to see if those procedures have been done before or were effective......I wont return!

Doctor's Response

Thank you for this review. We prescribe narcotic medications based on the objective assessments (urine screen, phychologic testing, pharmacy history report, imaging) not just patient's report of pain. Obviously we do check if this was done before. It seems that almost all negative reviews are anonimous that is suggestive of a possible problem with the urine screen testing or compliance.... That type of patients typially walk out when refused medications not indicated to them by the guidelines. Medicare pays less than 40$ for X ray exam in the office (which includes X ray technologits and other staff wages and benefits, equipment costs..). It's done for quality of care not for money...

|  Dr. Margolin is caring  |  show details
by Christina Nuzum on Feb 23rd, 2014

Dr. Margolin is a caring and patient person, I love that he takes the time to listen to concerns and issues that are going on. The staff is absolutely wonderful! Super friendly!

|  HE HELPS  |  show details
by ELVA CARSON on Feb 19th, 2014

I'VE BEEN IN PAIN ALL MY LIFE UNTIL I CAME TO DR MARGOLIN, HE IS A VERY SINCERE DOCTOR AND I AM VERY HAPPY!

by O.F. on Jan 14th, 2014

Since 03/24/2011 I have been coming to Dr. margolins practice. He has helped me manage my pain to be able to care for my family and complete daily tasks that need to be done to the best of my ability. The staff are always nice, welcoming, and proffessional l. Thank you O.F

|  A wonderful practice  |  show details
by L F on Jan 12th, 2014

I have been visiting the office for over a year now and would recommend Dr Margolin and his staff. Since being seen my quality of life has improved greatly. The staff is very friendly and professional. If you are looking for a quality Pain Management Clinic that care and excels in patient satisfaction, Dr Margolin and his staff would be the place to go.

|  A doctor who understands and cares  |  show details
by L D on Jan 11th, 2014

I feel for the first time since I have been put on medication that I am being treated like a real person. I hope he is in practice for many years. When I talk to him, I can see how caring he is. I said to him "you are a nice and caring doctor" and he said "because I do care". I am more then blessed to have him as my doctor.

|  Absolutely amazed at how an office can run this way!  |  show details
Oct 16th, 2013

Have been to Dr. Margolan several times and although I had read reviews before going, I am a very open minded person who believes in giving everyone a chance and then forming my own opinion. First, getting an appointment was a nightmare. My family physician had to fax the referral at least three times. Dr. Margolan's office never got it, lost it, it was with someone who handles the referrals, excuse after excuse for at least two months. Finally got to my appt. Walked in and the place was packed. From start to finish I sat in the waiting room over 4 hours and back in a small room for over 2 hours. Stories that are on here are not far fetched, you learn that quickly after sitting in the waiting room and listening to the stories from patients that have been there for months. Every appointment has been no less than a 5 hour wait. Every visit they want to do some unnecessary procedure, xray, EMG or injections. This is the most unprofessional Dr.'s office I have been in. Sloppy staff with their shoes untied (like kids wear them these days), hanging pants, and nothing but young kids running the front. A drug rep walked in the door in a suit and you know he had to feel out of place. Absolutely no professionalism. Have to go back every two weeks and drugs test every time. The staff actually jokes if someone needs to use the restroom and how they harass you if you are a patient for a sample. Having been with another pain management Dr. for over 10 years and knowing what is expected of you and the staff, this place is an absolute joke. It's clearly all about money. Dr. Margolan doesn't prescribe anymore than a Family Physician can and the goal is definitely not about getting pain under control. He seems like a nice guy, and truly b/c he is Jewish and seems humble I expected a lot more from him. Very disappointed. By the way, I had my records, MRI, Xrays etc. and am not just a drug seeker. I received my prescriptions and not someone disgruntled over that. This place just doesn't measure up and it's sad.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for this review. We prescribe medication only after doing and reviewing appropriate testing and imaging studies. If you are looking for "pill mill" to get "higher doses than a family doctor can prescribe" and think urine screen and other testing is "a harassment" you will not be a good fit for our program, like this patient....

|  Appointment needed  |  show details
by BKarshner67 on Jul 18th, 2013

I would like to request an appointment. I already have my doctor's referral. I was at your E. Main Street location. The doctor let me know that I needed a referral. Now I have tried to contact the office, but there no answer . Please contact me ASAP. Thank You

|  Patient  |  show details
by Mari R. Todd on Jun 27th, 2013

I am a patient of Dr. Margolin with Hepatitis C, Liver Cancer, Back Injury, Acute pancreatic problems and a victim of a violent crime, Ever since the first day of my visit Dr. Margolin has tried some treatments on me to ease the pain within my shoulder blades, gives me my pain medication for my cancer, and takes the time out at every visit to sit down and talk to me about how everything is going. Is the medications holding me, helping me, and assisting me with my Chemo treatments and the bone pains that I get after recieving it. I would have to say he is probably one of the best doctors that I could have been sent to and I certainly hope that as long as I am able to live with my diseases he will be the excellent physician that I see. There might be a little wait time in the waiting room but his employees are very helpful with providing you coffee and snacks so you are not waiting and being cared for. I have mentioned this Doctor to a couple other Chemo patients that I usually sit next to at Miami Valley South Cancer Center - He is # 1

|  abused and embarrased ex patient  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2013

Well where to start my first visit was 4 hours long from 3pm to 7 pm and i waited like everyone else is saying i only saw him for a few minutes the first time to ask me a few questions about the records I proved him from my previous doctor which included my MRI's and EMG which shows why I am a chronic pain patient. I have scolosis, spinal deterioration, degenerative disk, severe nerve damage in lower back and going down both legs. The doctor came back an hour later and gave me a shot in my left hip, said after he got my test results back he would right my meds. Well i was suppose to go back last friday but my daughter passed away so i could not go and they reschedule me for today. Well went in today waited and hour before I was called back and they did and EMG on me and it proved that I have severe nerve damage from my lower back down both legs again. Then I had to go back to waiting room and wait for doctor again. (Doctor did not do the emg and nurse did it.) Finally got called back to see doctor sat outside his office while he was running from room to room and then drinking his coffee and then running around some more waited half hour before he finally called us into his office. This is where it really starts getting good. The urine test from the first visit showed I had codine in my urine, well 2 days before my 1st appt i was in grant hospital and had a dilaudid shot and was prescribed 10 5mg percocets which everyone know contains codine. I take 30mg oxycodone , gabapintin and ativan. he had a fit about the codine and I tried to explain that it was only in my system because the hospital wrote it for me to get thru until i could see him. he said he would not prescribe me my oxycodone that it was way to strong of a drug for me that I didnt need anything that strong for pain. yet I have been on this dosage for over 3 years and on percocets for over 16 yrs. I asked him what was i suppose to do for pain then and the withdrawls i would be going thru since i was out of my meds. I was crying really hard because it seems like nothing was going right , I just buried my daughter yesterday then come in to see him and he hits me with all this crap. So yes I was really upset and crying really hard he told me to calm down he would write me for something that would keep me from withdrawling and put me and my husband in another room to wait again. Well next thing I know 2 EMT's show up and ask me if i'm suicidal. well thats when i got mad. I said no I'm not suicidal I'm just really upset and in alot of pain. Then they took my blood pressure and it was 180 over 103 and the EMT's tried to get me to calm down so my blood pressure would lower but while this is going on the Doctor comes in and tells them that they need to take me away to the hospital and have a physiological evaluation done. The EMT's tell him that they can not take me unless I want to go. Then they asked my husband and i to go outside and talk with them. Thankfully they were very sweet men and agreed that I did not need and evaluation and that I just needed to find a new Doctor. I am going back and getting my records from Dr. Korby and printing out a report showing that codine is in percocet 5mg. and giving it to them and to let them tell the doctor he apparentally needs to learn his meds better. I did nothing wrong, I don't care to take a urine test because I do not take anything except what is prescribed for me. Also if he didn't want to right me for what I am used to taking that would have been fine as long as what he put me on helped keep me out of pain. It clearly states in all my records that I cannot function without my medication. I cannot get out of bed or my chair until I take my morning dose and it gets into my system so I can walk. So yes I feel really embarrassed by him and very offended that because he did not research better my records to find that the codine came from the hospital who recommended him. Please if you want a good doctor who listens to you and respects you and pays attention to your needs, Do not go to this Doctor.

Doctor's Response

Our average new pt visit is 30-40 min (see the 60 votes on this site). It's true we don't "take over" very high doses of narcotics started for reasons not clear to us by other doctors (some of them are out of business already)

|  bad doctor  |  show details
by no help on May 13th, 2013

I am a patient of Dr. Margolin and I am finding another doctor. The worst care that Ive ever had. You sign in and WAIT..then you get called and put in a room with a table and 2 chairs and you WAIT for atleast 2 hours, then he wants you to go to the "procedure room" where you WAIT another 2 maybe 3 hours.The whole time he's in and out of other rooms. Ive even seen him sipping on coffee and just standing around. While you WAIT his staff is sitting around on thier phones or talking about how horrible of a doctor he is. I was there last Thursday for 7 hours and I saw him total time maybe 30 minutes. When I told him that I dont like the injections he assured me that I need them. "But they dont help" I said, and he cut me off and said he will do my other side. Hes done both sides and they do not help. Very POOR care. He doesnt listen or even act as if he cares how I am feeling. Ive had better care from my abusive ex than from him. And like with my ex...Im stuck here til I find away out and a better doctor, that will listen to me, instead of shooting me up with needles and giving w/e meds he see's fit. You go to him to be out of pain and thats not what you end up with!! FAILURE!!!!!

|  What a jerk!  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2013

I would not take my dog to this place. He would not be accepted as a patient anyway because he doesn't have insurance that this jerk can milk for every penny he can get. He is cold and heartless and definitely in the wrong profession. He would make a better terrorist. Oh, my urine screen was just fine, he just looks for any reason to not treat you if you have been prescribed certain medications for legitimate pain. No matter how many years you've been in pain mgmt. he wants you to start all over again.

|  Poorest Treatment Ever Received in a Physician's Office  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2013

Took my daughter to see Dr. Margolin for pain management of a skin condition. The first visit was extremely long with wait times of 3-4 hours. During the first visit he asked if she had other pain, which she did due to the type of condition she has there is pain in the joints, lower back, etc. When she said back pain, he immediately did a nerve conduction study then asked her to get an x-ray. We waited three weeks for the next appointment we arrive at 8 a.m. and doctor did not arrive until 9:20 a.m. - we were the first patients in the building, since my daughter did not have insurance at this time I was going to pay for the visit. His receptionist had no idea what they charges for an office visit would be she had to wait until he came in then he told her $150. Apparently he does not have a fee schedule for his office visits. We paid the money and were taken to a room, he sent his medical assistant into the office and told us that he did not have enough information to see her since she did not get her "MRI" and we would have to reschedule. We told her she was sent there for pain management of a skin condition and she no longer had back pain so she did not waste the insurance companies money for an x-ray since that is what he ordered not an MRI. She went back and talked to the doctor and when she came back she stated that the doctor said if he walks in the room we would not be refunded or fee. When I asked her to check with him again because she was there for a skin condition the medical assistant then "rolled her eyes" and left the room. Came back and again stated we would not be refunded our money if he walked in the room. We said we wanted to see him. She then took us to a small room with a table in it and left us there. My daughter went out and asked if the doctor was going to see her, I then went out and asked her if the doctor was going to see my daughter as we could hear him going in and out of exam rooms. She told me "probably but it would be awhile". I then told her that we were not staying and that we have never been treated so poorly in a professional's office. The staff seem to not care about the patients and neither does the physician., I also work with physicians and when I told them about this incident they were very troubled that a doctor could be so uncaring. Perhaps he is in the wrong profession or perhaps he thinks that everyone that comes into his pain clinic is not worth proper treatment.

Apr 13th, 2013

Very Unprofessional, I Am A Nurse Myself And CAnt Believe The UnprofesSionalism Of The Doctor Most Importantly But Also Staff. I Was Referred For A Skin Condition And HeRefusef To See Me At The 2Nd Appointment Stating I HAd Not Gotten An MRI....Also 1St AppoinrmentI i Had To Wait 3Weeks To Even GetsSecond Appointment Not Only That I Had To Pay Out Of Pocket But I Wantef To Let Him Know That I Was There For A Skin Issue And ThAt We Never Even Discussed An MRI, He Said If He Spoke To Me He Would Not Regund My 150$. Appointment #1 I WasThere For 5 Hours....If U Have Respect For Yourself Dont Wastet Ur Time With This Doctor, Have Never In My Life Been Treated So Bad By Both Him And Staff!

|  Thank you for your care.  |  show details
by Nehama on Mar 22nd, 2013

I was visiting Dr. Margolin's clinic twice and got a perfect professional care. Real Human attention to my problem and effective care about it.

|  dont doctors know anything.  |  show details
by never even been there on Mar 19th, 2013

Well with all your stern warnings and urine tests and reporting systems you shouldn't even need a license to practice. It occurs to me that all pain management doctors have a great thing going. You don't have to use your brain assuming you have one because you have already decided everyone is drug seeking. Your no different except your drug of choice is the almighty dollar. Its sad how many people have chronic pain and are being grossly undertreated because you don't have enough judgement to know the difference. How about first do no harm but that doesn't apply to you highly specialized group of drug dealers. Do you feel as powerful as you act. This is so sad you think your actions have led anyone to commit suicide? Im sure you never think like that because you have your little cup of urine and those mighty reporting systems to assuage your conscious. Well at least your not a drug seeker.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for this comment (even though you claim you never been to my practice). This comment gives a good example of a typical patient we have to discharge. We do have a close relationship with a clinical pain psychologist and cognitive behavioral therapy program and we do provide a proper psychological support. I agree that a little cup of urine with illicit substance or pain medication not prescribe to you with make us discharge you and refer you to addiction medicine when indicated. We don't bend the rules. Sincerely, Dr. Margolin

|  Impressive doctor.  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2012

I'm a physical therapist with 15 years of experience in the field. In June, 2012 my lumbar disc herniated. I could walk only 20 steps, with acute pain. As a self employed person, my injury was catastrophic. So I thought. Dr Margolin administered, over time, two epidural injections using his innovative techniques. They have proven to be safe,and effective. I was back to work in 4 days, and pain free within 2 weeks. Simply, impressive. I highly recommend him.

Doctor's Response

It seems that we get either very high 4 star or very low rating with overall rating is 3/4 (most of patient are happy). It's hard to generalize, but it seems to me that patients with aberrant drug seeking behaviour and abnormal urine screens are behind the negative comments (statistically 20-25% of the urine screens in this area are abnormal). Legitimate patient are happy at our practice and we keep growing fast. We use a very strick assessment and urine screen protocol. We obtain OARRS frequently and verify Rx history with pharmacies. If you are not direct about your medication use and not compliant, you will not be happy in our practice. You may also wait longer for us to contact pharmacies, urine screen lab and prescribing physicians. Please e mail me with questions md@painhelp.us. Sincerely, Dr. Margolin

|  my personal experience  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2012

i disliked his bed side manner, did not act liked he cared, made me cry,spent no time with me, very short tempered with his staff, his staff complained about working for him, waiting 4 to 6 hrs each visit, did not listen to my concerns

Sep 14th, 2012

Excellemt docotor. Don't come if you a drug seeker (I assume the bad reviews are from them)>

Sep 11th, 2012

Wait time is almost four hours, he spends no time to listen to patients,and has terrible bedside manor. He screams at employees and patients. Loves to belittle people. He doesn't take actual vitals and yells at staff members if they try

Sep 5th, 2012

|  patient  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2012

My overall experience with this doctor has been good since I have been in alot of pain Dr.Margolin has provided me with the proper treatment to help me cope with life. I appreciate all of his effort to get me feeling better and dealing with my pain.

|  Wonderful Man, GREAT DOCTOR!!  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2012

I'm Actually Disgusted By All The Negative Comments I've Seen Here Today!! Dr. Margolin Is Very Professional, Caring & Understanding Doctor. He Takes The Time To Listen To EVERYTHING I Have EVER Had To Say To Him!! For Those Who Say The He Is An Injection Pusher Against Your Will...YOU ARE COMPLETELY LYING!! You Most Certainly Do Not Have To Agree To Anything That You Do Not Want Or Feel Is Needed!! If You Feel That You Have To Just To Obtain Your Script, Than It Is You Who Is Selling Yourself Out!! If I Say That I Don't Want/Need An Injection, That Is The END Of The Discussion, And YES He Still Writes My Scripts If I Don't Want An Injection!! If People Wouldn't Show Up Intoxicated And That Fail Drug Test After Drug Test In My Opinion...SHOULD BE DISMISSED!! You Have A Contract With Dr. Margolin, If You Don't Want To Hold Up Your End Of The Contract, Then Why Should He?? Another Thing That I Don't Understand Is Why People Come Into His Office And Openly Talk About Abusing Their Medications!! They Speak Of Selling, Buying, Snorting And Shooting Up Pain Medications!! What Is Wrong With These People?? I Really Don't Get It!! It ABSOLUTELY Frustrates Me To No End When I See/Read These Opinion Donations About How He Won't Give Patients What They Want, Or Being Dismissed As Patients When They Are Cleanly In The WRONG!! Don't Show Up High, Don't Abuse Your Medication, Don't Fail Your Drug Test & Treat Him As Well As The Staff The Same As You Yourself Would Like To Be Treated!! It's That Simple!! He Is A Human Being, NOT A MONSTER!! So Stop With All The False Allegations & Comments. Be HONEST!! It Just Might Get You Somewhere In Life ;) -L.D. "COMPLETELY Satisfied Patient As Of May 10th, 2012"!!

|  Your force wait 4-7hrs and get injections bc you need your pain medication  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2012

Dr Margoin said the medication I was getting was bad for me and wanted to change it. He changed it to a name brand medication that was exactly the same as my old medication except it cost twenty times more and is timed release. After pointing it out he changed it to Opana which is very addictive. I am fine with getting pain medication since I am really in pain. When I told him I didn't want anymore injections since I already have had six since March with little relief. He has made me get two EKGs even though I had EKGs within the last twelve months. When I told him didnt want an injection bc it was almost 9pm and my appointment was 2:15 he got mad so I gave in to get my medication. If u take pain medication for months wether u get high or not u well go through withdrawal if u stop suddenly. I recommend getting off and dealing with the pain until u can find another doctor. I heard his employee talking about him feeling out online serveys.

|  I wish all of my Doctors Spent the time and effort that Dr. Margolin Takes!  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2012

I have never had a doctor as dedicated to my health a well being as Dr. Leon Margolin. Never before has any doctor provided his personal cell phone number for times when I am in need after hours and if I need to see the doctor, I call or simply walk in to the office with or without an appointment and he makes the time for me no matter how busy he is. I can e-mail him with questions and he takes the time respond right away. "Sometimes I feel that I am taking advantage of his kindness" so I have learned to try not to take advantage of his good nature! I began seeing Dr. Margolin when he was on staff at the Ohio State University Hospital and I have followed him since, first to Polaris and now to his Main Street office.If you are ill and you are in need of a compassionate, caring and thoughtful Doctor who knows his business, who cares for each and every patient like family and always provides you the time to consult until you have a full and complete understanding of your treatment and treatment plan, Dr. Margolin is the best Doctor you will find.If you honestly suffer pain, I recommend that you ask your doctor to refer you to the practice of Dr. Leon Margolin. I have been with him for several years and I have only good experiences to share.I am thankful that I am being treated by a compassionate and thorough Doctor who has taken the time to really get to know me and understand me and my needs! Darren Winkler (Patient)

|  THE BEST!!!  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2012

Dr. Margolin has returned to me a quality of life that no other doctor has come close to. Without him I wouldn't be able to give my parents, who are 89 & 86, the level of care I can now provide. I don't know what patients like myself, who have chronic debilitating pain, would do without him. Upon my first visit I could immediately sense that this doctor truly has compassion & caring for those of us in chronic pain. Words can't express the respect and gratitude I have for him & his staff. He is a truly caring man and I look forward to each visit. Thank you Dr. Margolin!!Anita Alexander

|  extremely professional  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

Dr. Margolin is extremely precise in his evaluation of my condition. He listens to my concerns and when I need an injection, is the only doctor I've seen who repeatedly gets the injection in the precise area that relieves my pain and gives me the comfort that is critical to my well being. He cares a lot about the patients, and relieving their pain. I've seen him for three years and would recommend him highly.

|  wait time was 5 hour in most cases  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2012

something is verry wrong in this practice his staff was speeking bad things about him, calling him names and people were crying in his waiting room , verry unprofessional dr. he was being cruel to paitients. unexceptibal waiting times by far.

|  Would not visit this Dr again  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

Ease of making/getting the appointment was great. The issues started when there was fighting (verbal) and a great deal of cursing in the office between the staff as to who was contributing financially toward the purchase of pizza. This lack of professionalism was the second strike, the first was the office itself is filthy! The last straw was waiting over 2 hours and still not seeing the Dr. Other patients were well aware seeing Dr. Margolin is an all day wait. Our appointment was at 4:20. One of the patients told us at her last visit she didn't leave the office until 8:30 pm.This is highly unprofessional! I understand waiting times vary and possibly an emergency arises, however this was not the case. When we left, I told the staff we could no longer wait and that we would not be back. An hour later the phone calls started. I was yelled at by one of the staff when I told her we would find another Dr.

Jun 26th, 2012

four hour wait today..and saw him for 4minutes. i had to force in a couple questions...on his way out the door.....

|  Expect 4hr per appointment  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

I don't have a problem with doctors treating u with pain medication, injections, or anything else bc chronic pain is easy to suck up and deal with when your not the one with pain, Dr. Margolin is rude, insist specific brands of narcotic pain medications, doesn't listen to you. He has a room full of displays of news paper articles that talk about how great he is. The fact is he pushes invasive dangerous injections and if u don't get them he won't give u pain medication. He insisted on having surgery and did an injection n my first appointment and never looked at my medical records. Everything he does is by the book son paper to keep the dea off his back which is absolutely fine except for the fact I have spent 17:30hrs in four appointments. People don't complain bc their are fewer doctors willing to deal with the dea so they have to put up with doctors like Margolin who are rude. He said he would answer my questions after he injected me in my back. If u want pain meds and are willing to get injected and operated on for trade he's your doc. His last appointment is at 4:30 and you won't be done until 9:00pm. You have to sign a waver which is fine if he wasn't working from 7am-9pm. Find another doctor. He stays off the radar bc he does expensive injections and kicks everyone out for illegal drug test failures. It's not hard to find patients looking for painkillers willing to get a needle stuck in their back even though it doesn't work. If u have insurance, Medicaid, or worker's comp sign up.

Feb 13th, 2012

This is the rudest most inconsiderate Doctor I have ever meet, would not refer him to my worst enemy. Waited 4.5 hours to see him and all he wanted to do is take me to what they call "The Injection room" This is the second time seeing him. I didnt not like him the first time he wanted to give me injection I said NO over 20 times he said Ive done this 3000 time, next thing I knew I was bent over a table and a needle stuck in my lower back. He should loose his license. He is greedy man people say they were at his office till 9:00 pm at nite now when does this happen?? Very Very greedy Man

|  Physical therapist  |  show details
Jan 1st, 2012

Excellent, caring and knowledgeable MD. Always picks up his cell phone and immediately calls back. He had cured my pain completely

|  pt  |  show details
Dec 26th, 2011

Excellent care. I was very pleased. One of the few practices certified by the board of pharmacy. Many state and national award and publications. One of the few practices in the area that accepts medicaid patients and treats them like all others (call other pain practices and check yourself), so they are NOT all about money. Zero tolerance for abusers (frequent urine screens and Rx reports; I assume that's the reason they find this doctor "agressive and "rude"). I would recommend this practice any day.

Dec 23rd, 2011

Great care, however drug seekers will be kicked out (I assume the negative reviews came from them).

Sep 12th, 2011

Dr Margolian seems to be a little wet behind the ears in this medical field. He did NOT pay attention to what I was saying about my pain. Hes all about the money and not the patient.

|  Rude  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2011

Dr. Margolin does not listen when you try to talk to him, he speeds you though your appointment and is rude and very aggrestive. I would not recommend him to anyone.

|  Not happy  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2011

At first he seems nice and caring when you tell him how you feel then he rudely interrupts you and tries to tell you how he thinks you feel, he puts you on some meds and the next visit he will ask you how they work for you and you tell him "they work good" then he will change your meds to something that makes you feel like crap, I told him the meds were making me sick and he said "just keep taking them" ummm no thank you doc!! I will not be going back to him, so save your time, co-pay & gas money and find a better doctor else where. Sorry dr. margolin you are not as good as you think you are!! You are ALWAYS way to over booked and always have to cancel appts after your there and pay the co-pay. I have found a way better Doctor that cares and listens to how I feel!!

Apr 24th, 2010

Dr Margolin was wonderful with my father-in-law. He was caring and pleasant, and had several excellent suggestions to help with his difficut pain problems. My wife and I have recommended him to several friends and family. Thank you for the chance to offer this opinion.

Apr 22nd, 2010

Thank you, Dr Margolin for your professionalism and caring.Ludmila Ryabinky

by Murray Ebner on Apr 22nd, 2010

I was extremely satisfied and impressed by the professionalism and care that we received both during and after treatment by Dr. Margolin. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

|  Great Doc  |  show details