Dr. Leon Margolin, MD
Pain and Spine Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Practice Fusion.
Haha show details Haha
Jul 30th, 2015

This wanna be doctor is a complete JOKE! HIS STAFF WRITES ALL THE GOODS REVIEWS AND DELETES EVERYONE ELWES SINCE THEY RESPECT ALL NEGATIVE REVIEWS CAUSE HE A CRAPPY DR. I CAN STAND HIM. EVEN HIS STAFF IS GHETTO AND VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!

Doctor's Response

Please watch real patients video testimonials (obviously non of them is my staff :-) : www.painhelp.us I think there is a reason this person is not comfortable mentioning his/her name.... We feel it's also deeply embarrassing making racial statements, it tells a lot about the person...

Thankful show details Thankful
by Kathleen H on Jun 21st, 2015

My name is Kathleen and iv been coming to see Dr Margolin Since 2011 and he has helped me with different pain problems that I have had and I'm thankful that I found him!

Wonderful show details Wonderful
by Opal Famer on May 6th, 2015

I have been coming to comprehensive pain management institute for a couple years for my back pain the staff is always very caring and concerned about my pain and how to make me feel better all my life I have been scared to get shots anywhere in my body but coming here is like a miracle they are so good at giving shots in my back that I barely feel it I'm so grateful they take so much dedication and the shots being as pain free as possible

May 4th, 2015

I was there 4 hrs for one visit and 5 hrs for the other. I needed to speak with the doctor regarding a reaction to the prescription he wrote and I was not allowed to speak with him before I left..

Doctor's Response

Sounds like the person was disappointed for not getting medications for non compliance... Why would we refuse not to talk about a reaction to a medication...?!

Best ever show details Best ever
by T Petrowski on Apr 15th, 2015

I enjoy everyone at this office Dr Margolin and Lydia Fleck the nurse practitioner have helped me so much

Apr 2nd, 2015

I am very pleased with Dr Margolins decision making with getting my pain under control to the best of his knowledge. The staff definitely gets a superior rating with the kindness and generosity, making sure the patients are #1. They offer beverages and snacks and try to make the patients comfortable while waiting to be called to see the doctor.

hoping to be new patient show details hoping to be new patient
by Brenda myers on Mar 2nd, 2015

Dr. Margolin : I am hoping that you will let me become your patient. I' m seeing a pain management doctor now but I hope I can find one before the results of my MRI thats being done tomorrow of the C and T, I already have the L spine. I have herniated disc, facet , osteoarthritis, I have had 3 injections and he is trying to schedule me for facet injections. he really hurt me on the second and third injections, he doesn't speak good english. I am concern he doesn;t drape my area of the injection site. I had managed the neurology clinic at OSU we did spinal tab injections and I was in the room a lot for this procedure, you didn't break that sterile field. I don't feel safe with him doing it. I would wait 4 hours for a physician if he was giving great service. My PCP had me taking 4 -5 10 mg norco, he gives me two a day. after taking 4 or 5 a day I am not getting the pain free. I know it won;t be 100 %. I have clean urine I don't take medication that not mine. My husband has cancer and I need to be on top for him. Really considering if I can't find help soon I'm just gonna give up. I have all MRI's reports. Well I have said enough and I hope that we can meet each other and see what can do for me. Brenda Myers 614. 525.0035

by David Hall on Feb 23rd, 2015

Dr. Margolin is a blessing for us. Other Doctors have not been as helpful.

by Current Patient on Jan 6th, 2015

First off all I want to thank Dr Margolin and Lydia Fleck . When i first came I could barely walk with a walker. My pain made me unable to care for myself.Now with my pain management team i can now walk with a cane and I'm getting well enough to go out and do things.

Outstanding ! show details Outstanding !
by James Price on Sep 17th, 2014

Very pleased with my first visit. I read the reviews before I went. All together it took about , two and a half hours. I was treated with kindness all the staff members where kind and courteous. I recommend this Dr to anyone very professional and sincere. I'm looking forward to my next visit. It is refreshing to find a place so helpfull that treats you with dignity and respect ; -)

by Jacqueline Bailey on Aug 1st, 2014

My needs are all met here with kindness. The staff is very friendly and seem to really care about your health.

by Alexander Shmuklen on Jun 2nd, 2014

I have known Dr. Margolin for about five years now and I am very satisfied with his care. He is compassionate and caring. His personal is professional and caring also. I am very happy with the care I have revived.

Dr. Margolin is caring show details Dr. Margolin is caring
by Christina Nuzum on Feb 23rd, 2014

Dr. Margolin is a caring and patient person, I love that he takes the time to listen to concerns and issues that are going on. The staff is absolutely wonderful! Super friendly!

HE HELPS show details HE HELPS
by ELVA CARSON on Feb 19th, 2014

I'VE BEEN IN PAIN ALL MY LIFE UNTIL I CAME TO DR MARGOLIN, HE IS A VERY SINCERE DOCTOR AND I AM VERY HAPPY!

by O.F. on Jan 14th, 2014

Since 03/24/2011 I have been coming to Dr. margolins practice. He has helped me manage my pain to be able to care for my family and complete daily tasks that need to be done to the best of my ability. The staff are always nice, welcoming, and proffessional l. Thank you O.F

A wonderful practice show details A wonderful practice
by L F on Jan 12th, 2014

I have been visiting the office for over a year now and would recommend Dr Margolin and his staff. Since being seen my quality of life has improved greatly. The staff is very friendly and professional. If you are looking for a quality Pain Management Clinic that care and excels in patient satisfaction, Dr Margolin and his staff would be the place to go.

A doctor who understands and cares show details A doctor who understands and cares
by L D on Jan 11th, 2014

I feel for the first time since I have been put on medication that I am being treated like a real person. I hope he is in practice for many years. When I talk to him, I can see how caring he is. I said to him "you are a nice and caring doctor" and he said "because I do care". I am more then blessed to have him as my doctor.

Appointment needed show details Appointment needed
by BKarshner67 on Jul 18th, 2013

I would like to request an appointment. I already have my doctor's referral. I was at your E. Main Street location. The doctor let me know that I needed a referral. Now I have tried to contact the office, but there no answer . Please contact me ASAP. Thank You

Patient show details Patient
by Mari R. Todd on Jun 27th, 2013

I am a patient of Dr. Margolin with Hepatitis C, Liver Cancer, Back Injury, Acute pancreatic problems and a victim of a violent crime, Ever since the first day of my visit Dr. Margolin has tried some treatments on me to ease the pain within my shoulder blades, gives me my pain medication for my cancer, and takes the time out at every visit to sit down and talk to me about how everything is going. Is the medications holding me, helping me, and assisting me with my Chemo treatments and the bone pains that I get after recieving it. I would have to say he is probably one of the best doctors that I could have been sent to and I certainly hope that as long as I am able to live with my diseases he will be the excellent physician that I see. There might be a little wait time in the waiting room but his employees are very helpful with providing you coffee and snacks so you are not waiting and being cared for. I have mentioned this Doctor to a couple other Chemo patients that I usually sit next to at Miami Valley South Cancer Center - He is # 1

Thank you for your care. show details Thank you for your care.
by Nehama on Mar 22nd, 2013

I was visiting Dr. Margolin's clinic twice and got a perfect professional care. Real Human attention to my problem and effective care about it.

Impressive doctor. show details Impressive doctor.
Oct 15th, 2012

I'm a physical therapist with 15 years of experience in the field. In June, 2012 my lumbar disc herniated. I could walk only 20 steps, with acute pain. As a self employed person, my injury was catastrophic. So I thought. Dr Margolin administered, over time, two epidural injections using his innovative techniques. They have proven to be safe,and effective. I was back to work in 4 days, and pain free within 2 weeks. Simply, impressive. I highly recommend him.

Doctor's Response

It seems that we get either very high 4 star or very low rating with overall rating is 3/4 (most of patient are happy). It's hard to generalize, but it seems to me that patients with aberrant drug seeking behaviour and abnormal urine screens are behind the negative comments (statistically 20-25% of the urine screens in this area are abnormal). Legitimate patient are happy at our practice and we keep growing fast. We use a very strick assessment and urine screen protocol. We obtain OARRS frequently and verify Rx history with pharmacies. If you are not direct about your medication use and not compliant, you will not be happy in our practice. You may also wait longer for us to contact pharmacies, urine screen lab and prescribing physicians. Please e mail me with questions md@painhelp.us. Sincerely, Dr. Margolin

Sep 14th, 2012

Excellemt docotor. Don't come if you a drug seeker (I assume the bad reviews are from them)>

patient show details patient
Aug 7th, 2012

My overall experience with this doctor has been good since I have been in alot of pain Dr.Margolin has provided me with the proper treatment to help me cope with life. I appreciate all of his effort to get me feeling better and dealing with my pain.

Wonderful Man, GREAT DOCTOR!! show details Wonderful Man, GREAT DOCTOR!!
Aug 1st, 2012

I'm Actually Disgusted By All The Negative Comments I've Seen Here Today!! Dr. Margolin Is Very Professional, Caring & Understanding Doctor. He Takes The Time To Listen To EVERYTHING I Have EVER Had To Say To Him!! For Those Who Say The He Is An Injection Pusher Against Your Will...YOU ARE COMPLETELY LYING!! You Most Certainly Do Not Have To Agree To Anything That You Do Not Want Or Feel Is Needed!! If You Feel That You Have To Just To Obtain Your Script, Than It Is You Who Is Selling Yourself Out!! If I Say That I Don't Want/Need An Injection, That Is The END Of The Discussion, And YES He Still Writes My Scripts If I Don't Want An Injection!! If People Wouldn't Show Up Intoxicated And That Fail Drug Test After Drug Test In My Opinion...SHOULD BE DISMISSED!! You Have A Contract With Dr. Margolin, If You Don't Want To Hold Up Your End Of The Contract, Then Why Should He?? Another Thing That I Don't Understand Is Why People Come Into His Office And Openly Talk About Abusing Their Medications!! They Speak Of Selling, Buying, Snorting And Shooting Up Pain Medications!! What Is Wrong With These People?? I Really Don't Get It!! It ABSOLUTELY Frustrates Me To No End When I See/Read These Opinion Donations About How He Won't Give Patients What They Want, Or Being Dismissed As Patients When They Are Cleanly In The WRONG!! Don't Show Up High, Don't Abuse Your Medication, Don't Fail Your Drug Test & Treat Him As Well As The Staff The Same As You Yourself Would Like To Be Treated!! It's That Simple!! He Is A Human Being, NOT A MONSTER!! So Stop With All The False Allegations & Comments. Be HONEST!! It Just Might Get You Somewhere In Life ;) -L.D. "COMPLETELY Satisfied Patient As Of May 10th, 2012"!!

I wish all of my Doctors Spent the time and effort that Dr. Margolin Takes! show details I wish all of my Doctors Spent the time and effort that Dr. Margolin Takes!
Jul 25th, 2012

I have never had a doctor as dedicated to my health a well being as Dr. Leon Margolin. Never before has any doctor provided his personal cell phone number for times when I am in need after hours and if I need to see the doctor, I call or simply walk in to the office with or without an appointment and he makes the time for me no matter how busy he is. I can e-mail him with questions and he takes the time respond right away. "Sometimes I feel that I am taking advantage of his kindness" so I have learned to try not to take advantage of his good nature! I began seeing Dr. Margolin when he was on staff at the Ohio State University Hospital and I have followed him since, first to Polaris and now to his Main Street office.If you are ill and you are in need of a compassionate, caring and thoughtful Doctor who knows his business, who cares for each and every patient like family and always provides you the time to consult until you have a full and complete understanding of your treatment and treatment plan, Dr. Margolin is the best Doctor you will find.If you honestly suffer pain, I recommend that you ask your doctor to refer you to the practice of Dr. Leon Margolin. I have been with him for several years and I have only good experiences to share.I am thankful that I am being treated by a compassionate and thorough Doctor who has taken the time to really get to know me and understand me and my needs! Darren Winkler (Patient)

THE BEST!!! show details THE BEST!!!
Jul 21st, 2012

Dr. Margolin has returned to me a quality of life that no other doctor has come close to. Without him I wouldn't be able to give my parents, who are 89 & 86, the level of care I can now provide. I don't know what patients like myself, who have chronic debilitating pain, would do without him. Upon my first visit I could immediately sense that this doctor truly has compassion & caring for those of us in chronic pain. Words can't express the respect and gratitude I have for him & his staff. He is a truly caring man and I look forward to each visit. Thank you Dr. Margolin!!Anita Alexander

extremely professional show details extremely professional
Jul 13th, 2012

Dr. Margolin is extremely precise in his evaluation of my condition. He listens to my concerns and when I need an injection, is the only doctor I've seen who repeatedly gets the injection in the precise area that relieves my pain and gives me the comfort that is critical to my well being. He cares a lot about the patients, and relieving their pain. I've seen him for three years and would recommend him highly.

Physical therapist show details Physical therapist
Jan 1st, 2012

Excellent, caring and knowledgeable MD. Always picks up his cell phone and immediately calls back. He had cured my pain completely

pt show details pt
Dec 26th, 2011

Excellent care. I was very pleased. One of the few practices certified by the board of pharmacy. Many state and national award and publications. One of the few practices in the area that accepts medicaid patients and treats them like all others (call other pain practices and check yourself), so they are NOT all about money. Zero tolerance for abusers (frequent urine screens and Rx reports; I assume that's the reason they find this doctor "agressive and "rude"). I would recommend this practice any day.

Dec 23rd, 2011

Great care, however drug seekers will be kicked out (I assume the negative reviews came from them).

Apr 24th, 2010

Dr Margolin was wonderful with my father-in-law. He was caring and pleasant, and had several excellent suggestions to help with his difficut pain problems. My wife and I have recommended him to several friends and family. Thank you for the chance to offer this opinion.

Apr 22nd, 2010

Thank you, Dr Margolin for your professionalism and caring.Ludmila Ryabinky

by Murray Ebner on Apr 22nd, 2010

I was extremely satisfied and impressed by the professionalism and care that we received both during and after treatment by Dr. Margolin. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Great Doc show details Great Doc