A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Leon Popovitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Leon Popovitz, Orthopedic Surgery, Shoulder & Knee Arthroscopy, Sports Medicine is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Leon Popovitz, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 23 areas:
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Ankle Injuries
- Ankle Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Chondromalacia Patellae
- Elbow Injuries
- Elbow Surgery
- Fracture Care
- Knee Dislocation
- Knee Disorders
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Pain (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome)
- Knee Surgery
- Kneecap Dislocation (Patellar Dislocation)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Fractures
- Shoulder Pain
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Popovitz graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Popovitz has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Manhattan Eye Ear Throat Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Leon Efim Popovitz MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 15 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Leon E. Popovitz practice?
- Dr. Leon Popovitz has 2 office locations.
Dr. Leon Popovitz practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near New York, NY.
See New York Surgeons and New York Orthopedic Surgeons.