Dr. Leon Shulman MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism New Brunswick, NJ

May 12th, 2014
A Doctor Who Cares
Dr. Shulman has been my husband's doctor for the past five years. Several months ago, my husband was admitted to RWJ for GI problems. Since Dr. S was his diabetic doctor, he was part of the hospital team. It was difficult for the nurses to manage my husband's high and low counts because his insulin shots were not adequate for the amount of food he was eating. When Dr. S. realized what was happening, he spoke to my husband's nurses and requested they make small adjustments to his shots. In addition, I could easily reach him when emergencies occurred. His calm manner and effective actions relieved my stress. I always knew he cared.

March 6th, 2014
A Doctor Who Cares
Dr. Shulman is a doctor who cares. Recently, my husband was in the hospital for GI problems. Since Dr. S was his diabletic doctor, he was part of the hospital team. It was difficult for the nurses to manage my husbands ups and downs because his insulin shots were not adequate for the amount of food he was eating. When Dr. S. realized what was happening, he explained how we could rectify the problem. He did so by speaking to the nurses and making small adjustments in his shots,. In addition, I could easily reach him when emergencies occurred. His calm manner and effective actions relieved my stress. I always knew he cared.

January 19th, 2012
Mixed Feelings
Dr. Shulman really knows his area of expertise. He listens to the patient concerns and responds to all questions but doesn't delve too deeply into concerns if they don't seem critical. He is very good to follow up on medical tests. He gives a most thorough examination. Front desk staff are excellent!

May 31st, 2011
Dr. Shulman is a very informed,caring physician. He is personable and easy to talk to. He is able to think "out of the box" and find solutions to unusual and complicated problems. I'd recommend him to anyone seeking fine care.