A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Leonard Nelson, Pediatric Ophthalmologist is Excellent. Dr. Nelson has been reviewed by 9 patients who have provided 5 comments. The rating is 3.5 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Leonard Nelson, MD, FACS is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 3 Areas, including Adult Motility, Lazy Eye Strabismus, and Pediatric Ophthalmology.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Nelson has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Ephrata Community Hospital
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nelson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Leonard Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Leonard B. Nelson practice?
Dr. Leonard Nelson practices Ophthalmology near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Bala Cynwyd, PA and Devon, PA.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Len Nelson, Dr. Lenard Nelson, Dr. Lenny Nelson, Dr. Leonardo Nelson