Leonard B Nelson, FACS, MD
100 Presidential Blvd
Ste 200
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
484-434-2700
Locations and availability (18)

3.0

|  Best Doctor....saves lives!  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2014

Dr. Nelson is the most highly regarded and respected eye doctor and has been our angel! He was the most compassionate and knowledgable doctor we have ever been to!

|  Waste of time...  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2013

We drove 3 hours round trip to see Dr. Nelson as he was recommended as Director of Strabismus at Wills for difficult cases. He spent about 5 minutes with us and barely examined my son's eyes. My son has had 2 prior surgeries and is seeing double. He told him to live with it and get more sleep. I asked prior to booking if Dr. Nelson was familiar with my son's condition but was told that I couldn't ask questions until the appointment. The first thing Nelson said was I don't like dealing with this type of Strabismus... Nice.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Mary on Aug 20th, 2013

Went out of his way to help us. He is brilliant and was so caring during our daughter's surgery. Best of the best. Would recommend this doctor to anyone who has a child with an eye issue.

|  Love Dr Nelson  |  show details
by Crystal Slaughter on Jan 28th, 2013

My children have been coming to Dr Nelson since my oldest (she's 19 now) had eye surgery when she was 2 yrs old. He is the best pediatric eye dr around. I have 3 children in glasses and they love coming for their appts with him.

|  show details
Oct 27th, 2012

This was the most overbooked medical office we've ever seen - the wait time was ridiculous. Even worse, when we did get seen, Dr. Nelson displayed a positively cold chairside manner towards our young child. We will not be returning.

|  show details
Sep 10th, 2012

Took my 3 yr. old to see Dr. Nelson. He has a good reputation.I was taken aback by his short responses and dis-interst in my daughter's previous glasses prescription. Rude response, not worth repeating. Kind of surprised he works with children. Sometimes for a good Dr. you can overlook personality. Not as much for kids though when we had a great experience already at DuPont in DE. Needless to say, not going back.

|  A Gifted Doctor  |  show details
Dec 12th, 2011

Dr. Nelson is a gifted, brilliant surgeon and physician. He is a caring and wonderful doctor who was an angel to our family. He performed a surgery on my daughter which helped her see better than ever. I will be eternally grateful for this doctor, and his God given brilliance, amazing surgical talent, and heartfelt compassion.

|  I trust you with my child!!!  |  show details
by cw on Oct 31st, 2009

My son was born 23 years ago and Dr. Nelson saved his eyesight.