Gastroenterologist
3620 Joseph Siewick Dr
Ste 307
Fairfax, VA 22033
703-281-1023
Locations and availability (3)

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Sam B. on Jul 25th, 2013

I have been seeing Doctor Fischer for more than 10 years now. I went to him after suffering with severe Acid Reflux (GERD) for several years. I had been told by my previous Gastroenterologist (after having an Endoscopy) that my GERD was not that bad and it should not be causing me so much pain. In fact, he suggested that I see a Psychologist because it was all in my head. I went to Dr. Fischer and he told me that some patients with GERD did not have the traditional damage to the esophagus when they are scoped. He suggested another (very uncomfortable) test that I believe was called a 24 hour ph test but I’m not sure. The test involved having a probe hanging from my nose down my esophagus to measure the amount of acid over a 24 hour period. This test showed that I was having Acid Reflux almost constantly and that is why I was in so much pain. He suggested that I may want to have surgery (Nissen Fundoplication) and recommended a surgeon to do the operation. I would highly recommend Dr. Fischer to anyone looking for a Gastroenterologist.

|  show details
Mar 9th, 2009

I had to wait awhile to see Dr. Fischer, but it was worth the wait. He is an amazing doctor. I have a relatively common condition, but he took the time to sit down and talk to me and explain all my options.