Dr. Leonard Girardi MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery New York, NY

April 13th, 2017
One of the finest surgeons in the world
At the age of 50, I had an emergency and unexpected triple bypass heart surgery. I was fortunate that my doctor was able to get Dr Girardi to do the surgery. Dr Girardi and his team are held in awe by the entire staff at the Weill Cornell Heart Center,. He is certainly among the very best in the world.

March 28th, 2017
This is special doctor. He is the finest in his field. He performed a very serious operation on me recently. It was excellent. I have no reservation about this superior professional.

March 24th, 2017
Superstar surgeon
The best there is . Nothing else needs to be said. Simply the best and so is his team

February 10th, 2017
incredible surgeon
I interviewed many of the top surgeons in the field before deciding upon Dr. Girardi. While I was impressed by all of them Dr. Girardi stood out . He was not only highly recommended by doctors from other hospitals but everyone I spoke to who he had operated on raved about him.. I was thus somewhat surprised and concerned about some of the negative reviews on this site and after being operated on by Dr. Girardi it is hard to imagine those people saw the same doctor that I did. I had a a valve sparing aortic root operation several weeks ago and already feel better than I have in years. . He literally works around the clock including Saturday rounds. He clearly loves what he does and it shows in his dedication to his patients. He and the incredible team he has set up is truly the dream team of aortic surgery .

November 29th, 2016
Dr Girardi and his staff are the best (nothing more to be said)

October 3rd, 2016
Back in Taekwondo
8 weeks after emergency triple bypass surgery performed by Dr. Girardi, I am back in Taekwondo class, breathing better than ever, and feeling younger than ever. Great surgeon with great team support at a great hospital. Wish the rating system went higher than 5 stars.

September 13th, 2016
Who's in charge of keeping patient's family informed? No one.......
I, too, have waited almost 3 years to write this review. The way we, the family, were ignored by Dr.Girardi AND his office and nursing staff borders on cruelty. My husband developed pneumonia 4 days after his long hours of surgery to repair an aortic anyeurysm and was on a ventilator for a week. I was only able to speak to Dr. Girardi twice, once for about 2 minutes after the surgery when he practically dismissed me (my brother-in-law, a surgeon himself, was with me and was horrified at this brush-off by Dr Girardi after we had not heard one word since we had said good-by to my husband at 1pm and it was now 10pm.) Dr Girardi will not keep the family advised nor allow his staff to do so. We never did learn what time the operation started nor how long it progressed. The only other time he spoke to me directly was when we were told to find a rehab place, after 3 weeks in the hospital, within the next 48 hours, and no, they were not familiar w any in New Jersey....good luck. Thank heaven for the ICU doctors who were the only source of information for three weeks. It was terrifying for the family to be responsible every day to track down someone whose head was not buried in a computer to update us on what was going on. Neither Dr Girardi nor his staff found the time to even pick up the phone much less stop by the room to touch base with the family. We were on our own. My husband has recovered from the surgery and for that we are thankful. My son and daughter and I will never forget the terror of feeling all but forgotten as we struggled every day to know how he was progressing and when/if he would recover from it all.

September 8th, 2016
Terrible doctor
Once you sign up for surgery with Dr Giardi don't ever expect to speak to him. The only ones you will get to talk to are his nurse practitioners. He did my surgery and I still had a major problem post surgery. Trying to sue is a major problem getting another physician to testify against Dr. Girardi. He's a big name in cardio thoracic surgery and runs his practice like a factory. The more surgeries the better. Just because a physician has a big reputation find someone you can actually speak to.

September 3rd, 2016
A Fantastic Surgeon
I interviewed three experienced surgeons prior to a recent aortic valve replacement and Dr. Girardi was by far the most knowledgeable and professional of them. He and his team did a superb job, and for that I am truly grateful. I cannot recommend Dr. Girardi highly enough; just know that you are in great hands if he is your surgeon.

August 8th, 2016
Son Husband Father Teacher
As the 3rd anniversary of my mother's death approaches I am compelled to write a review. I gave myself 3 full years as to not write with an angry heart. My mother had a very rare type of cancer. Dr. Girardi was highly recommended. In fact as one of his staff put it there is God and raised her left hand high and than said there is Dr.Girardi and raised her right hand higher in the air. NOT TRUE. He is a man a human being and not at all the best at what he does nor could I or would I call him a God or compare him to God. To cut to the chase Dr. Girardi left my mother in the hospital under the care of some young interns as he left for 5 days to take his daughter to college. My mother died 2 days later. He was suppose to return and perform an operation that only he and a few other surgeons have ever performed. When he left us he clearly stated that his trip would not be a problem that her condition could wait. That was the last we heard from Dr.Girardi. He is not a kind human being and as a doctor he does not put his patients first before himself. Yes I'm stating that if God gives you the brains to keep people alive and help them not to suffer tha as a doctor one must put ones own life on hold for the betterment of his patients. I'm not by any means a person who is not based in reality and know and understand that my mother's chances were slim. All I ask is that when you agree to undertake the care of someone than follow thur to the end. Hope your daughter does well in college and does not become a doctor especial if she gets her values from her father.

July 11th, 2016
RIP mom
Dr Girardi convinced my family that he could do an extensive surgery on my mother. He gave us a 1% chance of death. My mom went in fighting so brave and never woke up. 5 days later we had to take her off echmo. I thank god for surgeons but i believe they go too far sometimes, have big ego's, and try to be God. I will never forget his face

May 12th, 2016
Forever Grateful
I am 4 weeks post-op on an aortic valve replacement and aneurysm repair (49 year old female). I met Dr. Girardi 10 years ago and he patiently followed my case till it was the right time to operate. He is truly gifted and in my opinion puts the needs of his patients first. The care before, during, and after can't be beat which is extremely important to the recovery. I am forever grateful to him and his team for my second lease on life. Who would have imagined 4 weeks after this major surgery I would be back on my feet and doing great!