inactive

Leonard S Goldstein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.9

July 11th, 2012
He was my Dr. 15 years, he saved my life
Dr. Goldstein was a very busy man with a lot of responsibility. He was a genius when it came to meds and even though he isn't warm and fuzzy all the time, he has a kind heart.The holistic hospital I was in was amazing. He was way ahead of his time on many issues. The only time he would get upset was if you didn't follow directions, that makes sense when you are dealing with serious medications. Great Doctor!!

June 30th, 2012
thanks lenny
Best psych MD in the region. Listened, taught, and always told me to shut up when needed. Feel as if I lost a favorite uncle. May God rest your soul, as you did to so many others.U saved my life.

February 17th, 2012
Not a good listener
A psychiatrist should welcome a patient who wants to be involved in their care. Dr. Goldstein doesn't like this and says so. He is not a good listener. He tends to push medications as opposed to listening...first.

February 15th, 2012
Too Surly
Overall experience not good. made me feel uncomfortable

February 7th, 2012
Not sure
Disciplinary actions made me uneasy. Could explain his moodiness. Otherwise excellent at pharmacology

January 15th, 2012
arrogant and unethical
He is extremely insensitive to the suffering of the family and patient. When I told him I would do anything to see my loved one get better, he asked me for a loan, but then passed it off as a joke. Doing a google search on Dr. Leonard Goldstein revealed that he was sanctioned by the California Medical Society for doing just this with one of this patients borrowing several thousand dollars from the patient. He was then required to complete education in medical ethics in order to keep his license. This is easy for anyone to verify by simply doing a google search on his name. His hurtful manner added insult to injury in what was already a horible family tragedy (my child becoming mentally ill in early adulthood). Such a person has no business offering his services to those suffering and in need of compassionate care. His lack of ethics also is a discrace to himself, his group, and his profession.

September 22nd, 2011
Worst Doctor Ever
I have a number of issues. I had been seeing him for a year before I finally fired him as my doctor. He was rude, nasty, condescending, pompous, and arrogant. He constantly interrupted me and didn't let me speak. He yelled at me and belittled me. He never listened to my concerns. He did nothing for me except throw meds at me. He had me on 6 meds at one time! P.S. Second opinion brought me down to one and I'm doing great! Terrible doctor... I wouldn't recommend him is he was the last Psychiatrist on earth.

August 4th, 2011
inattentive to needs
This doctor does not listen to what I say. He asks a question then and interrupts in the middle of my response. He does not seem to even refer to my record as he has repeatedly tried to put me on medications that I have had a severe reaction to or have not worked. He is too busy typing to listen to anything said and when given information provided by my other doctors: (PCP,Rheumatologist,psychotherapist) he responds with "They don't know what they are talking about." He is rude, inattentive, shows no compassion or interest in my needs. Although he has told me repeatedly to send him an email or call if I need to, he has yet to return any communication. I would not recommend him to an enemy if I had one.

July 19th, 2011
Rude doctor and "assistant"
Previously heard great things about this doctor from a friend. I was disappointed to say the least. First impressions count the most so I'll start with his "assistant" Maria. She was extremely rude on the phone and I was in shock over the manner she spoke to the other staff members. While I waited over an hour to see Dr. G. I witnessed/overheard Maria yell and use profane language. I felt terrible for the sweet Ethiopian receptionist. I mentioned it to Dr. G. but he didn't seem very concerned. After waiting over an hour he curtly told me I could reschedule if I was "going to be upset with him" LOOK ELSEWHERE!

November 27th, 2010
Wait time was between 1 to 3 hours. He was very inconsistent with his instructions regarding medication. Even after writing down instructions for me he would say, "Well, that's not what I told you to do!" Each time there was a request from the pharmacy, his staff would lose the fax or not check the machine (one of the staff admitted this) so I would have to call his office or come in. He also was borderline abusive and rude. After 11 visits, I'm done! There have to be better doctors out there!

November 9th, 2010
Not impressed
I do not believe the diagnosis was correct. The medications were not helpful. The staff and Dr Goldstein were not professional and were actually rude.

November 8th, 2010
not patient, caring, polite, or kind. He dismisses my complaints. Arrogant