Dr. Leonard Rubin Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Leonard Rubin?

September 28th, 2017

Terrible. Just plain Terrible.

This was the first psychiatrist I ever saw. I had severe depression coupled with anxiety and alcohol abuse. Dr. Rubin never remembered what drugs he prescribed me, and seemed very nonchalant with what he would prescribe me. Many times he was 10-15 minutes late. I'm not in the business of bashing people, but I write this review to tell you to stay away from him. He ruined my life for nearly two years and put me in what my new (wonderful) psychiatrist calls a "medical straight jacket" - I couldn't get out of bed in the morning and lost the ability to do much more than grunt when interacting with people. I lost the ability to laugh or show any emotion. I was so medically induced that I couldn't even rationalize that I was being diagnosed very very badly. When my new doctor saw the medicines that I was on, he said it was the weirdest combination of drugs he has ever seen. I was immediately taken off ALL of those drugs and I'm happy to report I have now found a safe and effective combination that works. Don't be afraid to change doctors, this is life or death. Do not step foot in this mans office. Lastly, he wanted to prescribe me A popular anti anxiety medicine even though he knew I was sober for over two years. Thank god I had the ability to say "hmmm no, that's a terrible idea" or he would have easily given me a prescription. Awful. Find someone who cares, this is your only life.

February 16th, 2016

Long term patient

I have know Dr. Rubin for over 15 years and he has been very professional and helpful for my needs. He has an easy going manner and direct and to the point about your needs and how you must follow his guide lines.

February 2nd, 2016

A horrible person. Needs to retire.

April 7th, 2014

Nice and Easy

Dr. Rubin was a nice, easy psychiatrist to do deal with. I have to go on my lunch hour, so I don't have time for a lot of chat. I have a therapist to go to for that. He asked me a few questions and diagnosed me. His scrips are done on computer so you don't have to worry the pharmacist will misread bad handwriting.

February 13th, 2013

Dr. Rubin was one of the worst doctors I have even had the displeasure of meeting with. He was cold and refused to give me the help I needed. All he did was prescribe all kinds of medications for me which did not help. Soon afterwards I had a terrible breakdown and had to look for another doctor. He was the most unkind person I have ever met. I would never recommend him to anyone I cared about.

October 18th, 2012

didnt listen to what I had to say

September 25th, 2012

Would not recommend

He really just doesn't seem to care and seems downright irritated to have to deal with questions. He recently changed my meds and when I called to tell him about issues I was having he had his assistant return the call. Then, when she couldn't help, he reluctantly spoke to me and very truculently told me just to keep taking the medication. He may know what he's doing but his bedside manner is rude and impatient and if he does know, he has no interest in making that clear in a helpful way - only in a way that makes you feel stupid for even daring to question him.

November 2nd, 2011

Stay Away

Unprofessional, does not return calls, seems erratic in behavior, should not be practicing. Insurance mill.

May 12th, 2011

Easy to get what you want!

January 24th, 2011

Worst professional I have ever encountered. Rude, terse and arrogant. You can get an appointment for a reason. Anyone in medicine should have some human qualities in dealing with people but this guy's a Psychiatrist and could do real damage. When I mentioned a doctor that I had great feelings and respect for I was tersely told, "he's dead".

August 5th, 2010

Great doctor

Highly recommend Dr. leoanrd Rubin

July 20th, 2010

very professional, with his experience he understood me well

definitely recommend him