Dr. Leonard Rubin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

February 16th, 2016
Long term patient
I have know Dr. Rubin for over 15 years and he has been very professional and helpful for my needs. He has an easy going manner and direct and to the point about your needs and how you must follow his guide lines.

February 2nd, 2016
A horrible person. Needs to retire.

April 7th, 2014
Nice and Easy
Dr. Rubin was a nice, easy psychiatrist to do deal with. I have to go on my lunch hour, so I don't have time for a lot of chat. I have a therapist to go to for that. He asked me a few questions and diagnosed me. His scrips are done on computer so you don't have to worry the pharmacist will misread bad handwriting.

February 13th, 2013
Dr. Rubin was one of the worst doctors I have even had the displeasure of meeting with. He was cold and refused to give me the help I needed. All he did was prescribe all kinds of medications for me which did not help. Soon afterwards I had a terrible breakdown and had to look for another doctor. He was the most unkind person I have ever met. I would never recommend him to anyone I cared about.

September 25th, 2012
Would not recommend
He really just doesn't seem to care and seems downright irritated to have to deal with questions. He recently changed my meds and when I called to tell him about issues I was having he had his assistant return the call. Then, when she couldn't help, he reluctantly spoke to me and very truculently told me just to keep taking the medication. He may know what he's doing but his bedside manner is rude and impatient and if he does know, he has no interest in making that clear in a helpful way - only in a way that makes you feel stupid for even daring to question him.

November 1st, 2011
Stay Away
Unprofessional, does not return calls, seems erratic in behavior, should not be practicing. Insurance mill.

January 24th, 2011
Worst professional I have ever encountered. Rude, terse and arrogant. You can get an appointment for a reason. Anyone in medicine should have some human qualities in dealing with people but this guy's a Psychiatrist and could do real damage. When I mentioned a doctor that I had great feelings and respect for I was tersely told, "he's dead".

August 5th, 2010
Great doctor
Highly recommend Dr. leoanrd Rubin

July 20th, 2010
very professional, with his experience he understood me well
definitely recommend him

January 25th, 2010
Awful
Dr. Rubin has an awful bedside manner. He is sarcastic, pompous and speaks in a very condescending manner. I do not recommend this doctor at all.

November 10th, 2009
Worst professional I've ever dealt with
My experiences with Dr. Rubin were very similar to those of the person who rated him on Oct. 21 '09. He is so bad that I almost have to wonder whether he has Alzheimer's or dementia--he seems quite elderly. Regardless of the cause of his problems, he should be deemed unfit to practice. He once told me confidential information about the patient who preceded me, who I saw walk out, so this was a clear violation of doctor-patient confidentiality. He fiddled on his laptop for most of the time during most of my sessions, rarely making eye contact. He wasted huge portions of my sessions talking about his personal life, then complained that I didn't speak up soon enough about what prescriptions I needed refilled, and grumbled the whole time he wrote them out. He had no memory of what medications I was on, and worse his notes were plainly incomplete and not updated as to dosages. He insisted that his wrong notes were right even though I have the bottles that prove he was wrong. When I brought in the bottles to show him on my next visit, he flew into a rage, asked me if I was questioning his authority and competence as a doctor (well, ahem, good point), and told me to find another psychiatrist if I wasn't happy with him. Needless to say, I did.

October 21st, 2009
I wish my insurance would drop him
My experience with this doctor was horrendous. I have had depression and anxiety symptoms for years, tried a multitude of medications and consider myself fairly knowledgeable about my condition. I came to him because i got new insurance and found him on their site. The first couple visits i thought maybe he was just having an off day, but then i realized that he's just abhorently unprofessional and downright nasty. in the begining, he was late, seemed aloof, as though he was just trying to hurry me out of there, spoke over me and corrected me when i was giving him my own medical history. In one session, he started talking to me, thinking i was a different patient, and when i looked confused after he said something about me being pregnant, he said out loud, "oh, you arent so and so?" revealing that other person's name.. in another session, after taking his prescription for a few weeks, i told him about my strange symptoms and how they were actually restricting the power of my voice, and he even had the gall to tell me that i had never learned to speak correctly (!) and its ridiculous that i would think its because of the medication. of course, i stopped seeing him after that and took myself down from the medication on my own and my voice came back to its full power. DO NOT see this guy. he's got a serious chip on his shoulder, and not only doesnt listen to his patients, he actually gets nasty if you show you are competent abotu your condition.