Family Practitioner, Surgeons
3015 Squalicum Pkwy
Ste 200
Bellingham, WA 98225
360-733-2092
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

Jun 13th, 2014

I had to push to get him to agree to an MRI because I thought I had a torn meniscus. He said he felt I didn't and that I just needed to lose weight (true) and get on an eliptical machine (wrong). MRI showed a torn meniscus. Go to someone willing to listen and go with your intuition.

by Ex-Patient on Dec 23rd, 2013

This doctor has extremely poor bedside manner, so if you are looking for a doctor who spends time listening to you and is polite, cares about what you have to say, is respectful and actually cares about you and your recovery....this doctor is *not* for you. I have actually never had a doctor interrupt and be rude and abrupt while interacting with me....ever, This guy needs to take a few remedial courses in civility. The only decent thing about dealing with this office is that the staff and receptionists are polite.

Jan 24th, 2013

I would not go back to Kolodychuck if he was the only ortho doc in town. He is rude, condescending and not consistant with what he tells me. He always runs an hour behind schedule.

|  2 years down the road after hip replacement  |  show details
by Triana Elan on Jan 17th, 2013

I can't say enough good things about St. Joseph PeaceHealth and the experience I had with my hip replacement in Nov. '10. Dr. Kolodychuck and his staff were terrific, and it was an all around great experience working with him and the PT folks. I found Dr. Kolodychuck to be very compassionate and caring, and I especially appreciate that he didn't give me the "latest and greatest" metal on metal hip; I had asked about it and he told me it was untested and that he wasn't comfortable putting something in my body that could cause me problems down the road. THAT is a DOCTOR! I highly recommend him. He's a terrific surgeon as well as an all around good person with high integrity.

|  Really poor bedside manner.  |  show details
Dec 2nd, 2012

Doesn't listen well. Rolled his eyes a couple of times while talking to me as if to say to his assistant, who was also in the room, "can you believe this patient"? Did not involve me in any decision making. Just told me how it was going to be. I would not reccomend this doctor and would definitely not permit him to perform surgery on me!

|  Don't be forced to feel guilty for being concerned about your health  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2012

If you take your health seriously please do not visit this doctor. I have had a meniscus tear in my knee for many years and saw Dr. kolodychuk to discuss my options. From the first appointment he was very rushed and began guilt tripping me for not having my medical records with me (past MRIs and X rays). Within 10 minutes of meeting me he was out the door, but I had more questions so I basically held him at the door asking about the severity of a possible operation, etc. The next time I saw Dr. kolodychuk he looked at the results of my MRI which showed the meniscus tear, and began discussing surgery. I have already had orthoscopic surgery several years ago for a previous meniscus tear and didn't want to undergo another operation without fulling understanding the risks and benefits. He did not like that I had so many questions about the surgery and the anatomy of my knee and began many sentences with "like I told you...." because I guess I was taking up too much of his time (although the appointment couldn't have lasted more than 15 minutes). I have to say, he did a good job of squeezing me in for a third appointment since he knew I was on a time crunch, but started the meeting telling me "I think what you want is a second opinion" quite rudely because I did not want to follow his suggestion to undergo another surgery. Instead I chose a second option that he had mentioned: an injection of an anti inflammatory for a fluid build up in my knee that was the result of the meniscus tear. But I wanted to understand the risks of the injection. Again he got frustrated with all of my questions, telling me, "like I told you" etc. At first he said there were no more risks associated with the injection than with any other kind of shot, but upon further questioning explained that there might be damage to my soft tissue, the bones in my knee, etc. Since I saw how frustrated he was getting with me I simply said yes, do the injection. The whole appointment, including consultation and the injection was about 20 minutes. My wait had been two and a half hours that time. The fact is, I rushed to say yes to this injection without even knowing what it really is. I think it's a steroid treatment but didn't dare to try to get more information out of Dr. Kolodychuk. My point is this: if you prefer to follow your doctor's advice and make decisions regarding surgery with limited information, then this doctor is perfectly suitable. If you want a doctor who is concerned about your health and has the patience and time to help you understand your condition, please look elsewhere. Dr. Kolodychuk is my second orthopedic doctor (I moved to another state and had to leave my previous one) and by far the worst.

|  good doctor  |  show details
Dec 24th, 2010

He was WONDERFUL to me during my acute knee injury. Surgery went as well as he'd described, he was great at reassuring me during my recovery and gave me as much time to ask questions and get clarifications as I needed. If I ever need another orthopedist I'll definitely go back to him!!

|  New hip, new life  |  show details
by Triana Elan on Dec 23rd, 2010

I couldn't be happier with Dr. Kolodychuck. He performed a total hip replacement for me on 29 Nov. 2010 and was very caring and supportive...he answered all of my questions and spent time explaining different hip joints. I am so grateful to have my life back again after a painful time with a fused hip!