Dr. Leonard Kolodychuk Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Leonard Kolodychuk?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

April 17th, 2017

I found this DR to be very kind. Answering all my questions.

August 26th, 2016

Kolodychuk rushed in, quickly executed what seemed to be his canned consultation, answered the phone twice during the brief appointment, did not listen, interrupted me with condescending and unattuned responses, spoke more to my husband than to me (the patient), and exhibited facial expressions that were incongruent with the content of what was being said. When I inquired about pain I felt in my ribs, he laughed, and said with a snarky tone, "You probably do feel pain there. But that's not what I focus on." I'm not sure how it is people are able to be in the healthcare profession with what seems like such a disregard for fellow humans, but somehow Kolodychuk has. He struck me as being more of a care salesman than a doctor. I definitely don't recommend him.

June 13th, 2014

I had to push to get him to agree to an MRI because I thought I had a torn meniscus. He said he felt I didn't and that I just needed to lose weight (true) and get on an eliptical machine (wrong). MRI showed a torn meniscus. Go to someone willing to listen and go with your intuition.

December 24th, 2013

This doctor has extremely poor bedside manner, so if you are looking for a doctor who spends time listening to you and is polite, cares about what you have to say, is respectful and actually cares about you and your recovery....this doctor is *not* for you. I have actually never had a doctor interrupt and be rude and abrupt while interacting with me....ever, This guy needs to take a few remedial courses in civility. The only decent thing about dealing with this office is that the staff and receptionists are polite.

January 25th, 2013

I would not go back to Kolodychuck if he was the only ortho doc in town. He is rude, condescending and not consistant with what he tells me. He always runs an hour behind schedule.

December 2nd, 2012

Really poor bedside manner.

Doesn't listen well. Rolled his eyes a couple of times while talking to me as if to say to his assistant, who was also in the room, "can you believe this patient"? Did not involve me in any decision making. Just told me how it was going to be. I would not reccomend this doctor and would definitely not permit him to perform surgery on me!

August 16th, 2012

Don't be forced to feel guilty for being concerned about your health

If you take your health seriously please do not visit this doctor. I have had a meniscus tear in my knee for many years and saw Dr. kolodychuk to discuss my options. From the first appointment he was very rushed and began guilt tripping me for not having my medical records with me (past MRIs and X rays). Within 10 minutes of meeting me he was out the door, but I had more questions so I basically held him at the door asking about the severity of a possible operation, etc. The next time I saw Dr. kolodychuk he looked at the results of my MRI which showed the meniscus tear, and began discussing surgery. I have already had orthoscopic surgery several years ago for a previous meniscus tear and didn't want to undergo another operation without fulling understanding the risks and benefits. He did not like that I had so many questions about the surgery and the anatomy of my knee and began many sentences with "like I told you...." because I guess I was taking up too much of his time (although the appointment couldn't have lasted more than 15 minutes). I have to say, he did a good job of squeezing me in for a third appointment since he knew I was on a time crunch, but started the meeting telling me "I think what you want is a second opinion" quite rudely because I did not want to follow his suggestion to undergo another surgery. Instead I chose a second option that he had mentioned: an injection of an anti inflammatory for a fluid build up in my knee that was the result of the meniscus tear. But I wanted to understand the risks of the injection. Again he got frustrated with all of my questions, telling me, "like I told you" etc. At first he said there were no more risks associated with the injection than with any other kind of shot, but upon further questioning explained that there might be damage to my soft tissue, the bones in my knee, etc. Since I saw how frustrated he was getting with me I simply said yes, do the injection. The whole appointment, including consultation and the injection was about 20 minutes. My wait had been two and a half hours that time. The fact is, I rushed to say yes to this injection without even knowing what it really is. I think it's a steroid treatment but didn't dare to try to get more information out of Dr. Kolodychuk. My point is this: if you prefer to follow your doctor's advice and make decisions regarding surgery with limited information, then this doctor is perfectly suitable. If you want a doctor who is concerned about your health and has the patience and time to help you understand your condition, please look elsewhere. Dr. Kolodychuk is my second orthopedic doctor (I moved to another state and had to leave my previous one) and by far the worst.

December 24th, 2010

good doctor

He was WONDERFUL to me during my acute knee injury. Surgery went as well as he'd described, he was great at reassuring me during my recovery and gave me as much time to ask questions and get clarifications as I needed. If I ever need another orthopedist I'll definitely go back to him!!

September 17th, 2010

I would never go to this guy again.

August 17th, 2016