Dr. Leonard Kurian MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

October 24th, 2016
About Dr. Kurian
I have been.his patient for 9 years, and I have no words to thank him for his services and personal attention with me and family...wonderful staff..love them all....God bless him .

August 25th, 2016
Lawsuits
This made me pick a star otherwise i would not have.....Ladies before you have this quack come near you. 1 look at his credetials- None, not board certified. 2 ask him how many lawsuits are pending on him. He rushes and complications arise, then he says not my fault. terrible record keeper and take no responsibilities for his errors. Causes harm. He gets defensive when you ask him questions ladies why because he does not know... he is a butcher, be aware.

October 18th, 2015
Very impressed by Dr. Kurian, and thankful for his services.

June 30th, 2015
No regard for time
Wait time is ridiculous. Pregnant women do NOT want to wait in the doctor's office all day, especially when we are high risk and need to be seen every two weeks

February 18th, 2015
They are liars! And shady!
Terrible! Don't trust this office with your pregnancy especially high risk! They are liars

July 8th, 2014
Love this Dr.
I see some of the negative comments and I just had my second baby through his office and I wouldn't go elsewhere. The long waits happen, he is an OB and had to deliver babies when he gets called and his patients are in labor (which when you're the one in labor, you appreciate his running to the hospital). He has always answered all my questions, taken extra time to explain things, and referred me to good specialists. He is one of the few I trust in the AV! He has always been very good with me and my daily that went there. There is a handful if girls in m office that used him too and when I was asked this last pregnancy who I used, when I said Kurian, almost every response was, "Oh I loved him". I'd recommend him for sure.

May 4th, 2014
unsatisfied
My experience is very much like another review on here. A lot of people strongly recommended him. My best guess is that he is great and flexible when a pregnancy has no complications. As soon as complications began, be became nervous and uptight, a completely different person. When I asked questions, he got defensive, yelled at me, said we were doing it his way, and threw a tantrum. His way went against what other doctors were telling me, and I simply wanted to know his reasoning. He questioned my intelligence, degraded my judgement, and threatened to refuse to see me. I did everything I could to change providers before delivery but it was too late. I ended up driving all the way to LA, in labor, just to avoid him during delivery. I did not trust him, and for good reason. The staff at the hospital did the exact opposite of what Dr. Kurian had proposed and everything turned out better than we could have imagined. His staff was rude and not at all knowledgeable.

June 23rd, 2011
I swear by this doctor, he is AMAZING! He is very sympathentic when he needs to be yet firm when needed as well! Everytime I need to see him I change all my insurance because i moved 3 hrs away and I still come to see him. The wait is sometimes a lot but WELL, WELL worth the wait. I can not say enough good things about this Dr. especially since Ive seen 4 other Dr.s before him and I will not go back to looking. Id rather drive the three hours to see him instead of finding a careless one.

June 2nd, 2011
Nice is not enough
Dr. Kurian is very nice, but you don't get to see him too often. In addition, I have been trying to get his office to submit a referral for me to my health care provider for over two weeks. I keep getting the run around..the doctor was running late, I sent it, etc..yet my health care provide still has not received the referral. It is so tough to find an all around good doctor/office in the Antelope Valley.

May 16th, 2011
Never Again
Customer Service is horrible. I never saw the Dr. The nurses and people that work there are rude and inconsiderate. Looks like i'm looking for a new Dr. in Lancaster.

January 9th, 2011
So-so experience
Dr. Kurian has delivered both of my children, and my feelings are very mixed. On one hand, my kids are healthy, I had two successful c-sections, and life is good! Unfortunately, when I really think about my experience, I don't have a lot of positive things to say. First of all, the wait time in the office is ridiculous! I normally waited over an hour, and the later the appt., the worse the wait! I have waited 2 hours!! Towards the end of my second pregnancy, I tried to make 9:00 appts, but even then I waited at least 40 min. They take on WAY too many patients.The office staff is hit and miss. Some of them are so nice, especially the nurses that check you in and get your stats. Some of the ladies at the front desk are rude, and you don't always get the information you need in a timely manner. Again, too many patients.My biggest problem was the time spent with me during my appointments. After sitting there for over an hour, they sweep in and try to meet with you for the shortest time possible. I always felt rushed, and I often left with questions unanswered. You meet with the NP way too much, and her bedside manner isn't great.With my first child, there were some complications at the hospital, and I felt like he could have been there for me more. I was there for 3 days hooked up to multiple IV's and trying to get my labor to start, and I think he visited me once. I ended up have a c-section, and I often wonder if he had taken a greater interest in my situation, if that could have been avoided.While in the hospital, my visits were very short and few and far between. On my last day with my second child, I waited to get my discharge visit until 3:00, when my nurse came in to tell me that he just called and that he couldn't be there until at least 5:00, so if I felt OK I could leave. I basically sat there all day for nothing.Like I read in previous reviews, you stay with this office because you are made to feel like it's the only game in town, but that's really not true. If I have a third, I think I'll try a different doctor.

October 20th, 2010
Horrible experience
Although some women swear Dr. Kurian is the best I beg to differ. He totally dropped the ball with me. In essence it boiled down to the fact that he was too busy to care for myself and my baby. And since you have to see a NP for half your visits I felt that he did not know who I was or could assess the gravity of my situation. Unfortunately I lost my baby. I was 4 and half months pregnant. I felt like I was left alone on the hospital. The nursing staff was horrible. I was neglected. The day after I delivered my dead child, Dr. Kurian came in to the hospital room. He was cold and detached. He blamed the my body for the loss of my pregnancy and then coldly asked if I wanted anti-depressants. Even if my body was the cause... he could have used more tact after such a horrible ordeal. I will never go back to him or his office. Next time I will find a doctor that is not too busy to give me the care I deserve!