Dr. Leonard Lado MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 30th, 2017
Knowledge w/ warmth
I appreciate Dr's Lado respect, treating me as an adult. He trusts my insights about myself and life and I'm improved a lot. Aging helps...ha ha. His staff is always great.

March 21st, 2017
Outstanding Experience
I've been to several professionals in this field and knew Dr. Lado was highly knowledgeable and qualified on the first visit. I've been twice but I'm extremely impressed at the thoroughness and detail in properly diagnosing and helping with the issue.

January 17th, 2017
Do Not Use This Doctor
Wait time was over an hour and a half. The receptionist told me on the phone that he would continue to write my ADHD medication but then when I finally got into his office he told me no right away. He wanted to start me on a new medication when I have been stable on a certain medication for about ten 8 years. He was very rude and insulted my home state (New York). He barely made eye contact with me and took about three minutes to even say anything when I first sat down in his office while I was sitting in front of him. Update: I went to pick up my prescription at Publix and he wrote the prescription wrong (dosage way too high for body to handle). I called and asked for a new script and told them I would come pick it up and he refused to write it and said he wrote it that way on purpose. I will not be taking the drug because I know it will make me sick and my body will not be able to tolerate it. Please save your time and money and find a different doctor.

February 3rd, 2016
Just want to understand better what my drug screen paper tell me. I know I passed that's not a problem.

November 4th, 2015
Excellent Doctor
I've been going to Dr. Lado for approximately 2 years. I'm in my seventies so I'm probably one of his older patients. I've been all over the country before settling in Naples. Dr. Lado was recommended to me for some issues relating to anxiety, panic attacks and sleep disorder. He is an outstanding Doctor who cuts through the fog and gets right to the point. Decisive with a desire to make your quality of life better. Yes, there can be some long waits but their is reason. The guy is busy because he is good. It's that simple. I know he has helped me immensely.

June 19th, 2015
Outstanding experience with Dr. Lado and his staff.

May 14th, 2015
Depression
I became a patient of Dr. Lado earlier this year. Having struggled with depression for 25+years, I was interested in Dr. Lado's philosophy. Also, the genetic testing sounded so promising. And, it WAS! After trying many antidepressants over too many years, Dr. Lado's results were perfect for me. His staff has always treated me kindly, respectfully and well. PLEASE don't be discouraged by a little waiting time. Remember how much time you've already wasted on "trying" too many ineffective antidepressants!

May 13th, 2015
Rude,no manners, overall paranoid person.
waited nearly 3 hour to be seen by the doctor for 15 minutes.
Doctor's Response

Heidi you need to stop this unproductive demeanor. Again your a mental health professional. You have posted 3 complaints on same issue.

May 7th, 2015
Humiliating
I was absolutely shocked by Dr Lado's lack of professionalism and his total disinterest to listen to answers given to his questions. He was rude and condescending. After reading other reviews, it appears I am not the only one who has experienced this. His staff is kind, courteous and welcoming. If you are looking for a professional, empathetic, and competent doctor, please look elsewhere.
Doctor's Response

Hello Heidi Please note that you signed an agreement to waive you your privacy rights by virtue of posting this information on line. If I remember correctly your are mental health professional who came seeking help for genetics test. You explained that your medications were working perfectly and therefore there was no need to changed your medications. Therefore no change in your prescription was given. I was quite surprise because not only you are a professional counselor and was happy with your treatment but you wanted me to do an unnecessary test. However I can see from this posting the reason as to your anger. Your intentions were not very professional either and your actions to see another professional is using health insurance for some personal gain. You should know better as health professional we cannot order unnecessary test. I hope this is not what you do in your practice. I have left out your last name from this website to protect your practice this is more than you have done for me.

January 12th, 2015
So happy I have found a Doctor like Dr. Lado! The office gives off a feeling of comfort!

July 4th, 2014
Texting and Treating?
I had high hopes after reading his philosophy regarding addiction treatment on his website. However, I was disappointed with my meeting with him. He was detached, didn't ask me my name or any questions, and was constantly texting during the ten minutes I had with him. I will keep searching for a doctor who is truly interested in his or her patients. Is this possible???
Doctor's Response

Yes I remember you. I like to remind you that you signed a waiver to disclose your medical records in this same site as result of your self disclosure in order to defend myself from your allegations. From the outset you arrived insulting my staff and even patients had to request to contain your manners. WE have a policy of not taking impolite patients however given the fact that you had a mental illness i overlooked your behavior in the waiting area. The process of all new patients is 90 minutes to two hours and that information is listed in the website. Most of that time you spend completing questionnaires and state of the art diagnostic testing to give you an answer to your condition. Prior to entering the office yi explained that i had answer a call from a hospital. All interviews and waiting areas in our office are recorded and if you wish i can also upload the file for everyone to see. WE video tape as part of security and all patients are informed when they arrived with big signs. Videos are HIPPA protected and secure. However my diagnosis of very unstable mod disorder offended you and this happens quite often. You also was told that you had to stop smoking marijuana because it interfered with your medications. I hope you had help by now I believe your family and job was at risk.

November 7th, 2013
Great Dr.
After seeing many Phsychiatrists,, I was recently referred to Dr. Lado, and have seen him about a month now. He is very thorough and works to find the source of your problem rather than just doling out meds like they are candy. He works to find out what is really going on, get the right diagnosis, medications, and vitamin suppliments that work. While you do have to wait a long time at the office it is worth it. Thanks Dr. Lado
Doctor's Response

Thank you so much. I am glad you got your life back