Dr. Leonard Lado MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

February 3rd, 2016
Just want to understand better what my drug screen paper tell me. I know I passed that's not a problem.

November 3rd, 2015
Excellent Doctor
I've been going to Dr. Lado for approximately 2 years. I'm in my seventies so I'm probably one of his older patients. I've been all over the country before settling in Naples. Dr. Lado was recommended to me for some issues relating to anxiety, panic attacks and sleep disorder. He is an outstanding Doctor who cuts through the fog and gets right to the point. Decisive with a desire to make your quality of life better. Yes, there can be some long waits but their is reason. The guy is busy because he is good. It's that simple. I know he has helped me immensely.

May 14th, 2015
Depression
I became a patient of Dr. Lado earlier this year. Having struggled with depression for 25+years, I was interested in Dr. Lado's philosophy. Also, the genetic testing sounded so promising. And, it WAS! After trying many antidepressants over too many years, Dr. Lado's results were perfect for me. His staff has always treated me kindly, respectfully and well. PLEASE don't be discouraged by a little waiting time. Remember how much time you've already wasted on "trying" too many ineffective antidepressants!

May 13th, 2015
Rude,no manners, overall paranoid person.
waited nearly 3 hour to be seen by the doctor for 15 minutes.

May 7th, 2015
Humiliating
I was absolutely shocked by Dr Lado's lack of professionalism and his total disinterest to listen to answers given to his questions. He was rude and condescending. After reading other reviews, it appears I am not the only one who has experienced this. His staff is kind, courteous and welcoming. If you are looking for a professional, empathetic, and competent doctor, please look elsewhere.

January 12th, 2015
So happy I have found a Doctor like Dr. Lado! The office gives off a feeling of comfort!

July 4th, 2014
Texting and Treating?
I had high hopes after reading his philosophy regarding addiction treatment on his website. However, I was disappointed with my meeting with him. He was detached, didn't ask me my name or any questions, and was constantly texting during the ten minutes I had with him. I will keep searching for a doctor who is truly interested in his or her patients. Is this possible???

November 6th, 2013
Great Dr.
After seeing many Phsychiatrists,, I was recently referred to Dr. Lado, and have seen him about a month now. He is very thorough and works to find the source of your problem rather than just doling out meds like they are candy. He works to find out what is really going on, get the right diagnosis, medications, and vitamin suppliments that work. While you do have to wait a long time at the office it is worth it. Thanks Dr. Lado

September 14th, 2013
Worse psychiatrist I've seen in years!
I went to see Dr. Lado because he takes my insurance. I have a diagnosis of depression and have been treated for it for over 20 years. I needed a new doctor strictly because of insurance plan changes. Dr. Lado requires $50 upfront payment so you can make an appointment. They said it was a refundable fee in case I didn't show up for the appointment. I thought that was kind of strange but I paid anyways. When I first got to his office the first thing they did was get a urine sample to test me for drugs. I thought that was strange (another red flag) but did it anyways. He barely looked at my face when he first met me, He kept his face down looking at his computer and then said " so you just need medication refills?" I said I was doing fine and yes I wanted to continue the same meds. He then proceeded to tell me I needed an oral swab test for genetic testing to see if the meds I was on were appropriate for me. I was very confused! He said " I will see you in two weeks". When the medical assistant came to do the oral swab I told him I didn't think it was necessary. I made the follow up appointment but shortly after cancelled it. I called his office and said I wasn't going to return to his office any longer. I never got my $50 back. What a horrible doctor and horrible practice. Just in for the money obviously. DON'T GO TO THIS DOCTOR!

February 21st, 2013
Dr. Lado is excellent!
I saw Dr. Lado for the first time today. I felt very comfortable from the minute I walked in the door. His staff was very nice and extremely helpful. My appointment was at 10:45 and I didn't leave there until about 2:30 PM, it was definitely worth the wait because Dr. Lado takes as much time as he needs with each patient and each patient has a different circumstance. I'm currently taking Suboxone for opiate addiction and have been for 4 years. My previous Suboxone doctors were nothing but a joke because they only accepted cash for a 2 minute appointment just for a Suboxone prescription, and they don't accept any insurance. Nearly all of the certified Suboxone doctors just go and take a quick course or whatever they have to do, but they don't know how to really monitor patients on it and they make you think you have to be dependent on Suboxone forever. Dr. Lado on the other hand cares. The first thing that struck me is that he takes Medicaid, there are no other Doctors that take Medicaid for Suboxone treatment. Just that told me he must care because I'm sure the payback from Medicaid isn't much. He gets to the bottom line about what's going on with each person. It's relieving to finally feel that I have a doctor that cares, as long as you're serious about getting your life back. Thank you Dr. Lado!!

November 9th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
A lot of bad things are said about this doctor and few people would recommend him. My experience is that he was amenable to prescribing medication that no other doctor would. The next appointment never comes soon enough. Thank you Dr Lado!

September 26th, 2012
Dr Lado is very good at what he does and he definately knows what he is doing. My overall rating for him and his office is outstanding! :)