Dr. Leonard Lado MD Patient Reviews

2.8

January 17th, 2017
Do Not Use This Doctor
Wait time was over an hour and a half. The receptionist told me on the phone that he would continue to write my ADHD medication but then when I finally got into his office he told me no right away. He wanted to start me on a new medication when I have been stable on a certain medication for about ten 8 years. He was very rude and insulted my home state (New York). He barely made eye contact with me and took about three minutes to even say anything when I first sat down in his office while I was sitting in front of him. Update: I went to pick up my prescription at Publix and he wrote the prescription wrong (dosage way too high for body to handle). I called and asked for a new script and told them I would come pick it up and he refused to write it and said he wrote it that way on purpose. I will not be taking the drug because I know it will make me sick and my body will not be able to tolerate it. Please save your time and money and find a different doctor.

February 3rd, 2016
Just want to understand better what my drug screen paper tell me. I know I passed that's not a problem.

November 3rd, 2015
Excellent Doctor
I've been going to Dr. Lado for approximately 2 years. I'm in my seventies so I'm probably one of his older patients. I've been all over the country before settling in Naples. Dr. Lado was recommended to me for some issues relating to anxiety, panic attacks and sleep disorder. He is an outstanding Doctor who cuts through the fog and gets right to the point. Decisive with a desire to make your quality of life better. Yes, there can be some long waits but their is reason. The guy is busy because he is good. It's that simple. I know he has helped me immensely.

May 14th, 2015
Depression
I became a patient of Dr. Lado earlier this year. Having struggled with depression for 25+years, I was interested in Dr. Lado's philosophy. Also, the genetic testing sounded so promising. And, it WAS! After trying many antidepressants over too many years, Dr. Lado's results were perfect for me. His staff has always treated me kindly, respectfully and well. PLEASE don't be discouraged by a little waiting time. Remember how much time you've already wasted on "trying" too many ineffective antidepressants!

May 13th, 2015
Rude,no manners, overall paranoid person.
waited nearly 3 hour to be seen by the doctor for 15 minutes.
Doctor's Response

Heidi you need to stop this unproductive demeanor. Again your a mental health professional. You have posted 3 complaints on same issue.

May 7th, 2015
Humiliating
I was absolutely shocked by Dr Lado's lack of professionalism and his total disinterest to listen to answers given to his questions. He was rude and condescending. After reading other reviews, it appears I am not the only one who has experienced this. His staff is kind, courteous and welcoming. If you are looking for a professional, empathetic, and competent doctor, please look elsewhere.
Doctor's Response

Hello Heidi Please note that you signed an agreement to waive you your privacy rights by virtue of posting this information on line. If I remember correctly your are mental health professional who came seeking help for genetics test. You explained that your medications were working perfectly and therefore there was no need to changed your medications. Therefore no change in your prescription was given. I was quite surprise because not only you are a professional counselor and was happy with your treatment but you wanted me to do an unnecessary test. However I can see from this posting the reason as to your anger. Your intentions were not very professional either and your actions to see another professional is using health insurance for some personal gain. You should know better as health professional we cannot order unnecessary test. I hope this is not what you do in your practice. I have left out your last name from this website to protect your practice this is more than you have done for me.

January 12th, 2015
So happy I have found a Doctor like Dr. Lado! The office gives off a feeling of comfort!

July 4th, 2014
Texting and Treating?
I had high hopes after reading his philosophy regarding addiction treatment on his website. However, I was disappointed with my meeting with him. He was detached, didn't ask me my name or any questions, and was constantly texting during the ten minutes I had with him. I will keep searching for a doctor who is truly interested in his or her patients. Is this possible???
Doctor's Response

Yes I remember you. I like to remind you that you signed a waiver to disclose your medical records in this same site as result of your self disclosure in order to defend myself from your allegations. From the outset you arrived insulting my staff and even patients had to request to contain your manners. WE have a policy of not taking impolite patients however given the fact that you had a mental illness i overlooked your behavior in the waiting area. The process of all new patients is 90 minutes to two hours and that information is listed in the website. Most of that time you spend completing questionnaires and state of the art diagnostic testing to give you an answer to your condition. Prior to entering the office yi explained that i had answer a call from a hospital. All interviews and waiting areas in our office are recorded and if you wish i can also upload the file for everyone to see. WE video tape as part of security and all patients are informed when they arrived with big signs. Videos are HIPPA protected and secure. However my diagnosis of very unstable mod disorder offended you and this happens quite often. You also was told that you had to stop smoking marijuana because it interfered with your medications. I hope you had help by now I believe your family and job was at risk.

November 6th, 2013
Great Dr.
After seeing many Phsychiatrists,, I was recently referred to Dr. Lado, and have seen him about a month now. He is very thorough and works to find the source of your problem rather than just doling out meds like they are candy. He works to find out what is really going on, get the right diagnosis, medications, and vitamin suppliments that work. While you do have to wait a long time at the office it is worth it. Thanks Dr. Lado
Doctor's Response

Thank you so much. I am glad you got your life back

September 14th, 2013
Worse psychiatrist I've seen in years!
I went to see Dr. Lado because he takes my insurance. I have a diagnosis of depression and have been treated for it for over 20 years. I needed a new doctor strictly because of insurance plan changes. Dr. Lado requires $50 upfront payment so you can make an appointment. They said it was a refundable fee in case I didn't show up for the appointment. I thought that was kind of strange but I paid anyways. When I first got to his office the first thing they did was get a urine sample to test me for drugs. I thought that was strange (another red flag) but did it anyways. He barely looked at my face when he first met me, He kept his face down looking at his computer and then said " so you just need medication refills?" I said I was doing fine and yes I wanted to continue the same meds. He then proceeded to tell me I needed an oral swab test for genetic testing to see if the meds I was on were appropriate for me. I was very confused! He said " I will see you in two weeks". When the medical assistant came to do the oral swab I told him I didn't think it was necessary. I made the follow up appointment but shortly after cancelled it. I called his office and said I wasn't going to return to his office any longer. I never got my $50 back. What a horrible doctor and horrible practice. Just in for the money obviously. DON'T GO TO THIS DOCTOR!
Doctor's Response

Hello Denise I see you still having issues with your insurance. I hope you found a physician that takes your insurance. Again you signed a waiver to defend myself and disclose your records when you saw me. In regards to the $50, we dont keep money that belong to patients. The 50 dollars is part of an initial assessment that gets applied to your copay. If your copay is zero and the medically necessary testing is paid by insurance you get your money back. In regards to your medications we have philosophy of asking patients if they are happy with their medications. We do not want to reinvent the treatment if it took many years to fix you. The purpose of the genetics test is determine compatibility with your genes and medications. You mentioned that at times they appear not to work. So pharmacogenetics would of been valuable to optimize your condition. But reviewing your records you had multiple therapist and multiple psychiatrist not able to keep a stable one. So they probably never got here that fine detail. What my staff and it did learn that you arrived very demanding and not wanting to complete all phases of the evaluation. So perhaps the medications were not helping you after all. I hope your new psychiatrist is able to help you better Please call our accounting office. However I do believe the insurance did not pay your evaluation and you owed a balance. Is that why you did not return? By the way, We wrote your balance off.

February 21st, 2013
Dr. Lado is excellent!
I saw Dr. Lado for the first time today. I felt very comfortable from the minute I walked in the door. His staff was very nice and extremely helpful. My appointment was at 10:45 and I didn't leave there until about 2:30 PM, it was definitely worth the wait because Dr. Lado takes as much time as he needs with each patient and each patient has a different circumstance. I'm currently taking Suboxone for opiate addiction and have been for 4 years. My previous Suboxone doctors were nothing but a joke because they only accepted cash for a 2 minute appointment just for a Suboxone prescription, and they don't accept any insurance. Nearly all of the certified Suboxone doctors just go and take a quick course or whatever they have to do, but they don't know how to really monitor patients on it and they make you think you have to be dependent on Suboxone forever. Dr. Lado on the other hand cares. The first thing that struck me is that he takes Medicaid, there are no other Doctors that take Medicaid for Suboxone treatment. Just that told me he must care because I'm sure the payback from Medicaid isn't much. He gets to the bottom line about what's going on with each person. It's relieving to finally feel that I have a doctor that cares, as long as you're serious about getting your life back. Thank you Dr. Lado!!
Doctor's Response

Thank you. We dont practice concierge medicine. That is one patient gets better treatment because they have better insurance. We treat all patients with the same quality care. I am glad you got the help you deserve.

November 9th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
A lot of bad things are said about this doctor and few people would recommend him. My experience is that he was amenable to prescribing medication that no other doctor would. The next appointment never comes soon enough. Thank you Dr Lado!
Doctor's Response

Thank you for the comment. Many cases that come through my door have failed treatment in other offices. Many are challenging and the expectation are high. I am glad i was able to help you.