Dr. Leonard Lawson MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 26th, 2016
great doc
Really competent and caring. Maybe his front office isn't all the best but he is and that's the most important, isn't it?

December 15th, 2015
Horrible Staff,Front Desk, and Billing Services
After I have been a patient of Dr. Lawson for over eight years, the last two to three years have been the most unbearable,unthinkable and unprofessional experience I have ever in my life been exposed to. Especially when it comes to a profession that we are supposed to look to for health advice and proper diagnosis. Unfortunately, this is never the case with Dr. Lawson's office now that he has become a part of the Little company of Mary Hospital Group. While his services are good, he does not have the best bedside manner. One could over look that, yet his staff and the entire billing department at the Little Company of Mary Hospital is unbearable. Something that I am certain Dr. Lawson is not aware of nor has been privy to. After going to my normal womanly health exam where everything should have been bill as a v code because when you have a womanly health exam and have UHC insurance this is paid in full. Instead for the last 5 months, I have had to spend hours and weeks, trying to get this rectified. Unfortunately, I have been sent in circles by both his staff,his billing department and the billing department at Little COmpany of Mary hospital. While his staff acknowledges that there was indeed a mistake with the Bill, they alledge that the hospital made the mistake, while the Hospital alledges that the doctors office made the mistake. None the less, I am left footing the bill. While my insurance company will pay for these services but cannot if the billing departments will not work with them! Now, I am left in collections for bills in which I am not responsible for paying because of their inabilities to do their jobs, inability to be professional and inability to properly code a patient for the services that they indeed had done. These are fraudulent services, claims and inaccurate dates for services. I could not allow anyone else to go through the horrible problems in which I have had to experience with this unprofessional group and his decision to go to an even more unprofessional hospital. PLEASE DO NOT become his staff's next victim. Just try a different doctor all together, one that is not within the Little company of Mary NETWORK! He would get a zero rating because of this!

May 15th, 2011
Fantastic and Skilled Surgeon
Dr Lawson performed a myomectomy on my fibroids, and several years later, I have no scar tissue and my periods are much more normal. I was freaking out after the diagnosis of large uterine fibroids, but he did a fantastic job of explaining everything to me, and him and Dr Hobbs performed the surgery and I am doing great! I would recommend Dr. Lawson any day. He is an amazing, skilled, and caring doctor, and I whole heartedly would recommend him any day!

March 29th, 2010
Dr. Lawson and his partner, Dr. Hobbs are the greatest!!!!! They cared for me during my pregnancy and Dr. Lawson delivered my son. He cared about how I felt about going home after a c-section and not about what insurance said. Both docs have juice at Rush Hospital, meaning when the staff there hear that you are a Lawson-Hobbs patient they all recognize and take care of you. Dr. Lawson knows his stuff and does not take any mess in the delivery room. He has been my doctor for over 10 years and I have recommended him to several friends and know of several friends and associates that have him as thier OB/Gyn and everyone has good things to say about him and his staff and partner.

October 27th, 2016