Dr. Leonard Mankin MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

October 12th, 2014
Acts like a phony
During 3 visits, after leaving Kaiser (a patient for 10 years), Mankin failed to address any of my ongoing ailments, some associated with me being a senior. He kept typing on his PC, taking down every word, the way a court reporter does. His favorite subject was my upcoming visit to Europe and kept asking me to talk about it rather than my medical needs. Finally, at our 3rd (last) visit, I pressed him to help me with my urological problem and asked him to look at the DVD disc from a previous urologist (who couldn't identify my problem). Well, Mankin, couldn't get my record up on his PC screen. Then, he stood up and shouted, "I have had enough of you. We are finished. Find another Primary [Care Physician]. ! " and he rushed out of the examining room, leaving me alone. I silently packed my belongings to leave, wondering what I was to do next. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that he had returned to stand by the door watching me. He finally broke silence by saying. "It is not easy to find a Primary." I did not reply. It sounded like he was giving me the chance to crawl back to him, begging forgiveness and the chance to continue being his patience. No way! I won't stay where I am not wanted or where I am not treated with respect. In 10 years with Kaiser and three with another center, always with the best health insurance coverage, this never happened. I never experienced such behavior from an MD or nurse or any employee of a clinic.