Dr. Leonard Marotta MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 23rd, 2016
He is an absolutely wonderful doctor!! Never had any problems with him! If you want a doctor who is caring, listening, answering, jovial, encouraging, exact... than you are right with him!!!

April 17th, 2016
Best OB/GYN in town

March 4th, 2016
Excellent OB - spends time with patients and very experienced.

March 17th, 2015
Incompetent
First off, extremely rude and highly unprofessional. He Spent more time asking irrelevant questions about my personal life than he did trying to actually find the root of the problem. I hadn't had my period in months and was having severe unexplainable pelvic pain almost 24/7 and all he did was make assumptions and brush it off. I had just had a pelvic exam done with a family health practitioner prior to seeing Dr. Marotta, and he tried to tell me that the severe pain I had experienced during the exam was all in my head due to the fact that it was my first pelvic exam. . . He refused to do any testing, aside from multiple pregnancy tests. He assumed that the reason for my periods stopping was just that my body wasn't ovulating. He then prescribed me Progesterone Suppositories (Without checking any of my hormone levels) that "probably" would induce my period. All it did was amplify my anxiety and give me terrible, uncontrollable mood swings (most likely due to the fact that he was messing with my hormone levels without having any idea what they were in the first place). When that didn't work, he prescribed me Birth Control and told me that that was my only option to help regulate my cycle. After Severe pelvic pain and numbness of my left side for a couple days, I called his office and was told to come in that day for an appointment where I was sent to the hospital to have an ultrasound done on my leg to check for a possible blood clot- Nothing. Wasted a good 6 or 7 hours in an emergency room Waiting room thanks to his ignorance.

January 6th, 2015
Amazing doctor
I can't recommend him enough. Great bedside manner.

October 14th, 2014
Disappointing care
My concerns were totally brushed off, and I was made to feel foolish. Really disappointed with his bedside manner.

June 29th, 2012
Mrs. Linda York
It was the most efficient and kindest Dr. appt I have ,,,Everyne was great and the Dr. genuinely seemed to care about me as a person..

January 17th, 2012
I certainly feel more comfortable with a kind doctor, BUT I'd much rather have my health concerns taken seriously by a competent physician. Sadly, my signs were ignored by Dr. Marotta (my main GYN) and Dr. Petrie (when I couldn't get an appointment with Marotta, when needed). I went over a year with multiple appointments and nothing more than their opinions about my condition. Never did they give a simple sonogram, that would have easily diagnosed my health issue. Dr. Marotta only seemed to care when he realized his foolish mistake. I am ashamed of myself that I didn't push for better care, but I'm unaccustomed to telling professionals how to do their job. At least I've learned my lesson. Have they?

November 3rd, 2010
Dr. Marotta Rocks!
Dr. Marotta is amazing! I had never been to a man before, but when my current dr. was no longer doing OB, I was transfered over to him. I am so happy it happened! He treated me with such care and never made me feel silly. Being pregnant with twins, I had a lot of visits. Always left the office feeling my questions were answered. Then, when I went into labor on a Friday night but didn't deliver until Sunday, the man barely left my side. He is so amazing, I actually miss seeing him weekly. If you're considering him, go to him. Amazing!

February 26th, 2009
One of the most caring doctors I have ever had
The best doctor I have ever had