Dr. Leonard Nelson Jr MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

June 30th, 2016
Dr. Nelson is single-handedly the most incompetent and frankly rude doctor I've think I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. His only advice was to tough out the pain in my back and that "the back is very mysterious". His unhelpfulness was one thing, and if that were the only bad thing about him it might still be alright, however Leonard is incredibly rude as well. I asked him after his whole "the back is mysterious" speech if he knew what I specifically hurt in my back and his response was to say "I've been talking to you for the last 15 minutes. Have you not been listening to a thing I said" in an aggressive tone when literally the only "helpful" information he gave me was that "the back is a mystery". Overall I would not wish anyone the displeasure of having to be seen or spend time with Dr. Nelson so if you are on the fence about seeing him, do yourself a favor and find someone else.

July 28th, 2015
Find a Doc who cares
Treats me like a number not a patient, rude, disrespectful and I waited 2 1/2 hrs to see him. Waiting over a week for test results, no one has contacted me or seems to care. All I can do is wait in pain while it gets worse.

September 26th, 2014
father
Dr Nelson did surgery on my father spine afterwards he had terrible pain Dr Nelson said it would take a year to recover than seven months later because of so much pain and not being able to move Dr. Nelson performed a second surgery to fix what he did wrong which my father never recovered from and then died. Dr. Nelson and staff never available when needed and always had a different opion on recovery after surgery than he said before the surgery. Please don't ever put any of your loved ones through this. DON'T USE THIS DOCTOR

November 25th, 2013
do not use this doctor
Operated on my relative - fusion of lumbar spine. Within 10 days, she was in excruciating pain. Finally determined that she had new fractures above and below where he operated. Dr. Nelson was contacted multiple times, but did not respond to the request for a consult . Had to remove all hardware. By that time, she had bilateral foot drop and bladder was impaired due to nerve impingement. Was hospitalized for 52 and died from sepsis at the operation site.

August 11th, 2008
Dr. Nelson performed 2 spinal fusions on me
Dr. Nelson is a compassionate, thorough, well versed surgeon in his field. He takes time to explain things to you and has an excellent bedside manner. He is a a surgeon, but exhaust all avenues before recommending surgery and it must improve your quality of life.

April 30th, 2017