Dr. Leonard Remia MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Hyannis, MA

3.6

August 6th, 2016
Poor listening skills
Dr. Remia refused to acknowledge that the Vision Scope, which he performed on my knee a week prior to an arthroscopy, was the cause of my extreme discomfort. He stated that he had never had any bad results from Vision Scopes in the two years he had been doing them, and that the arthroscopy would make everything feel better. It not only did not improve the pain on the side of my knee, the PT that he ordered further aggravated what was later diagnosed by his PA as ITBS-tendonitis. At the 6 week post-surgery checkup, he had not read the PT eval that had been sent to him, and based on my telling him that it was not progressing well, and no examination, he ordered 3 Hyalgan shots and was out the door, saying if it didn't feel better by now, it wasn't going to get better. It was his PA who took the time to examine me and diagnose the ITBS, changing the PT orders and explaining that the shots would not help this condition. Dr. Remia may have done some brilliant surgery in his career, however, his unwillingness to take a few moments to listen to a patient and credit them with worthwhile information to consider caused a great deal of discomfort and frustration for me.

June 30th, 2016
Great Dr.
He has operated on me 7 times now for various things and he is the best. I would recommend hi He listens and his bedside manner is wonderful.m to anyone who needed orthopedic surgery.

December 18th, 2015
Left Hip
Had left hip replaced. Home on third day. Walking with cane in ten days. Back to work in construction in 30 days. Best part of process was before surgery. Dr. Remia pushed me to loose weight before surgery and had me do a month of pre- surgical physical therapy. These two thing made all the difference in rehab. 7 weeks now and I continue to do physical therapy to build strength and range of movement. Will recommend for surgical skills. I

August 23rd, 2015
Great Doc!
Dr. Diagnosed my hip surgical needs quickly and seemed to know my questions even before I thought of them...very thorough. He had to fly out to a conference the next day, but showed up at the hospital at 5:00 AM just to see how I was doing. He had me out of there after 2 nights and walking again within days. After 4 years, I never even think about the new hip. Highly recommend this man.

January 3rd, 2014
Beware
I was referred to Dr. Remia due to mild knee pain and infusion. An MRI suggested torn meniscus and patellar abnormality. After a cursory exam Dr. Remia recommended surgery. Having done research ahead of time, I asked him my options and about the risks of surgery. He responded rudely and dismissively, even yelling at me "I've told you three times now this will not heal!" As I later verified, he misinformed me by saying surgery would not increase my risk of developing 'reactionary' arthritis. He just wanted to book the surgery. I had such a bad feeling about him that I found another doctor who treated me like a human being, respected my choices, and provided attentive compassionate care.

July 11th, 2013
KNEE
HE IS JUST THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND HE IS VERY NICE DR!!!!!!!!!!

June 21st, 2013
very dissatisfied patient
I had my first ACL reconstruction by Dr. Remia due to his outstanding credentials, but after my experience with him I can not recommend anyone to see him for a serious issue. The first problem I have with Dr. Remia is that he opted for a cadaver reconstruction of my ACL, which after doing more research and other expert opinions on the matter was the worst alternative for someone of my young age. Additionally, his post-care to patients leaves a lot to wish for. I felt treated like a number, and although I am sure that these surgeries are routinely to him, not picking up the phone or being able to reach him with concerns did not make the experience pleasurable. After getting surgery on my other ACL with another doctor, the knee that Dr. Remia fixed currently pivots, and I still experience pains due to the particular way in which he reconstructed my ACL.

May 10th, 2011
Top notch Doc/Procedure
top notch Doc/Surgeon. Quick appointment, was on op. Table within 10 days and out after 2 days. This is the fastest recovery time due to the frontal (anterior) entry. I can't imagine doing it the old fashioned (posterior) way. Should be able to drive again within 2 weeks. You'l love this guy.