Leonard Serebro MD, MBBS Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

August 20th, 2015
He's a quack. He denied I have lupus after being treated for 13 years and told by 4 different Dr.s that I do. Do to him I am unable to get my monthly treatments of Benlysta anymore. Guess he sold out when he started consulting for insurance companies.

June 29th, 2012
So far he is great
I have seen him twice.. The first visit had barely a wait and he really took the time to sit with me and answer all my questions. The second visit it was obvious they were slammed. I waited an hour but still felt he took time with me despite the many patients there today. He didn't accept my diagnosis from my bloodwork results but has me doing more tests. We are treating as though I have lupus but doing more tests to see if we can prove I don't! I like that in a doctor, it shows he is conservative. I recommend him highly.

March 29th, 2012
Dr. Serebro picked up my chart, looked at it for 30 seconds, and walked in without even saying "Hello". I reached out to shake his hand (something that is routine in a doctor-patient interaction, especially during the first visit), and he promptly grabbed my wrist, turned it over and made comments about me photosensitivity (I have Systemic Lupus). He then went on to tell me that I do not have Lupus and that he wants me to have several X-rays. I was dumbfounded. I explained to him that I'd been diagnosed 2 years prior and had responded very well to treatment. He raised his voice, accused me of telling him how to do his job and called me "Lady" instead of using my name or "Ma'am". He basically told me if I didn't like his way, I should see someone else. He was so abrasive and rude that I wasending the appointment. I left in tears. Thankfully, Ochnser refunded my co-pay. It was an awful and bizarre experience.

March 17th, 2012
He was awesome. Very caring and took time to listen to me. Very good bedside manner. Really projects the feeling that he loves being a doctor and caring for people. I would highly recommend him.

September 24th, 2011
Awesome Doctor, I'm sorry he's gone!
I always had a good experience with Dr. Serebro. He was always ready to hear my complaints concerning my condition. He is a very caring and understanding physician who valued my opinions. He believed me when I gave him information and didn't make me feel uncomfortable. I truly do miss him at Ochsner Hospital. I am not happy with my current situation, harder to get appointments and it takes a long time for anyone to call you back!

April 2nd, 2016