inactive

Leonard J Tananis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.1

August 16th, 2016
Judge much?
I had less than a handful visits with this dr. When I first visited I explained how I had to see him due to my insurance change. I liked my past pain management and had zero problems with them for over a year. I thought it was very interesting how I was questioned about a previous dr. I had seen about 10 years ago who I believe has blackballed me in my charts as I have been treated like a drug addict by certain drs in the same groups. He demanded answers why I didn't see this dr any longer which I could not answer as I had tried to when I moved back into the area. He did not believe my answers to him which was I did not know and she would not tell me why she would not see me again. She had scripted me 34 prescriptions when I saw her. It is one of the reasons I now want very minimal medications. I had a lot of side effects from these medications. I was also maxed out on pain meds which now, by my choice it was very minimal. Granted, I deal with a lot of medical conditions and just manage the pain as horribly as I can. He was upset on several visits because I would not take two medications which I remembered were really bad with my side effects. I had numerous pills left over on the past checks, but the last visit I did not. I ran out 5 days early due to moving things a lot getting ready for a yard sale and injured my back again. He came in, all happy go lucky, then when I told him I ran out and wasn't sure if I took them too soon because I didn't bring in my bottle because I was out, he said I was showing signs of addiction. I couldn't believe it as I do everything I can do NOT take meds...funny thing the one he wanted me to take makes me feel stoned and high, the one I told him I don't like due to the mind altering feeling. I really don't feel anything from the low dose pain pills I ask for. I asked hm why because it really hurts my feelings as I've been treated like this so many times from drs in this area and it is horrible! He tells me it is because I was out of my meds (not considering the times I wasn't I guess) and because I will not take the other medications that "alter" my mind. Hmmm, makes so much sense to me! So, he goes from happy go lucky to very angry and tells me not to come back to his office again! He walks out of the office saying he is going to give me another prescription and that is the last time he will see me. Wow! Really? So, I'm sitting there, wondering, what am I supposed to do. First of all, if he feels i'm not in pain as I have the same medical conditions as I have had 13 years ago, need two fusions neck and low spine, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, spinal stenosis, chronic migraines and I'm faking it just to get the minimal pain medications to make it day to day. If you think I'm a drug seeker dr. why the last script? If I was a drug seeker dr, why did I not take it and leave it with you? You should maybe stop judging your patients on what one dr says about them for whatever reason. Obviously you didn't contact my last pain management who was a few months ago and ask them about me. You would have found out the truth about your patient and not what a disgruntled dr from 10 years ago said.

October 14th, 2015
This Doctor threatened me numerous times. I have contacted the Medical Board in Raleigh NC

May 3rd, 2013
If you REALLY want to get better
Dr. Tananis really works with you. He is up front with you about how to get better--things he can do, things you can do (which some people can't handle--they just want medicine). You might not always want to hear his advice but bottom line is, he knows his stuff. He is the best pain doctor I've ever had without a doubt!