Surgeons

105 S Willow Ave
Suite 200
Cookeville, TN 38501
931-372-7716
Locations and availability (4)

|  Excellent Surgeon - got my life back  |  show details
by H.B. on Mar 21st, 2013

The surgical skills of Cookeville Neurosurgeon Dr. Leonardo Rodriguez-Cruz (located at Tier 1 Institute) gave me my life back. Two of my cervical vertebrae (C6 and C7) had been destroyed by cancer. I had radiculopathy involving horrible back pain from the shoulder to the hand, affecting the wrist, the elbow and anything in between. These pains were the result of a compressed spinal cord. I was diagnosed in December 2012, a Monday, and operated on Friday. I went into the operating room feeling more dead than alive. Dr. Rodriguez-Cruz used some of my left hip bone and a titanium plate to repair/replace C6 and C7. After waking up from surgery I felt like new. I had forgotten what it felt to feel normal. My daughter and family had wanted me to come to Orlando, FL for this procedure. I am so glad I had it done here in Cookeville. I'm over 65 years old and have recuperated extremely well and the bone graft is healing excellently. I need to mention his very courteous staff but especially nurse Lori. Her assistance, while I was at my worst, deserves to be complimented. Thank you Dr. Cruz, I will be forever grateful. H. B.

|  memory  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

While serving in the miltary Dr Cruz performed 2 bone fusion on me. the first sugery the screws came loose for reasons unknown. The second I sustained a left paroneal nerve palsy due to inproper padding. This ended my military career. His operating room, he is incharge he is responsible. After contacting him to get a recommendation for a physical therapy machine for my home, he responded by not remembering me. Pathetic.