A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Leonidas Koniaris:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Leonidas Koniaris is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Leonidas Koniaris, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Abdominal Injuries
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Gastrointestinal Tract Cancer (Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors)
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Cancer (Experimental)
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
- Thoracic Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Koniaris graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Koniaris has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Jackson South Community Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Koniaris accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- WellCare - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 8 plans
- Americhoice - 1 plan
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Leonidas G. Koniaris practice?
Dr. Leonidas Koniaris practices Surgery near Miami, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA.
See Miami Surgeons.