Dr. Leonie Van Passel MD Patient Reviews

• 20 reviews

September 27th, 2016
She should not be a doctor!
She only thinks of herself...not the patient, worst doctor I have ever had. Changing quickly! Likes to criticize the other doctors I have seen. Does not listen to my ailments, put me on drugs before testing. Treats symptom, not source. Looking for another neurologist who will take the time and not mind what my family doctor & cardio doctors say. Office will not give daily visit report out unless forms are signed and they will not send the info to my primary doctor. Maybe it is Intercoastal practice to do this. I have no problems with other medical offices

March 24th, 2016
The Goddess of Sleep
Caring, super informed, brilliant, are adjectives that can only begin to describe this wonderful practitioner.

February 17th, 2016
Insulting and Lazy Diagnosis
I have suffered with terrible headaches for 30 years. When I moved to Florida, I had to find a neurologist. At the end of my visit, she summarized my headaches as being the result of my weight. I responded that I had these headaches long before weight was an issue in my life. Needless to say, I found another neurologist who is wonderful and has helped me tremendously -- even more than my former neurologist where I used to live. Don't waste a visit with this doctor.

June 25th, 2015
If you have Serious Issues, FIND AONTHER DOCTOR!
If you think you have a serious medical issue, then PLEASE find another doctor. She told me, after seeing the results of a few tests, that I was depressed and that's why I hurt. She said there was nothing wrong with me. I found a GREAT Neurologist who knew the tests to do and found out I have Non-length Dependent Small Fiber Neuropathy as well as other neurological issues. Because of her comments, it's taken over 3 1/2 years to get my disability, but I finally did. It was her comments that caused me financial hardship and a lot more pain. PLEASE RUN AND FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR!!

May 2nd, 2015
She's the doctor you hear about....says it's all in your head and there's nothing wrong. I found a GREAT Neurologist and he did biopsies. Found out I have non-length dependant small fiber neuropathy. She told me I'm depressed and that's why I hurt. She said there's rally nothing worng with me. THE WORST DOCTOR....Especailly because SHE DOESN'T CARE! Only cares about being paid.
If you have nerve issues, STAY AWAY! She has not idea what's she's doing.

February 23rd, 2015
Pleasant. Felt safe

February 10th, 2015
BEWARE IF YOU HAVE A DISABILITY!
If you have any kind of disorder that affects the nervous system, don't go to her. She also doesn't support disability claims. If you think you might be, or you are, disabled.....RUN!!! She's not a nice person and seems to know very little about nerve issues. There are so many other wonderful doctors who can help.

January 27th, 2015
Very sympathetic and works hard to find solutions to your problem.a

November 10th, 2014
STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU HAVE EPILEPSY!
Do NOT go to this doctor unless you have Epilepsy. She has no idea what she's doing. I saw her several times and she told me there was nothing wrong with me. I finally found a doctor who did proper tests and I have severe nerve damage all over my body that's not reversible. This doctor told me nothing was wrong and dismissed me.

September 24th, 2014
Terrific experience
Dr. Van Passel has always been most concerned and helpful in my experience. As a long term MS patient she has been careful to thoroughly examine and evaluate any possible changes in my status. She has been an outstanding source for advice on the latest treatments and advances in the ever changing list of possible medications. I have found each visit to be a very positive experience.

June 16th, 2014
STAY AWAY!!
This lady has no idea what she's doing, and she could care less to listen to her patients. She's in and out before you knew she was in the room. I found out, through biopsies done by another doctor, that I have small fiber neuropathy and a number of other things. This crazy lady told me there's nothing wrong with me, it's in my head. STAY AWAY if you have real issues. She's only concerned about making money!

March 12th, 2014
Staff and Nurse should be fired
I too have had such an awful time with her male nurse and staff. Enough to throw anyone without epilepsy to have a seizure. Stay clear of these awful, insincere people and go somewhere else.