Dr. Leopold Yin MD Patient Reviews

• 30 reviews

May 29th, 2016
Dr dismissed our claims, didn't want to hear us out, and we felt rushed out.

December 8th, 2015
Went to this doctor for issues with my son's hearing. The doctor spent 5 seconds looking at my three year old son's ears and was rude, dismissing, and condescending regarding our concerns. When I asked what surgery for tubes would entail, he told me "I'll tell you about that when you need to know about that." My son was complaining about his ears hurting and failed the audiologist tests for both ears. The doc declared he didn't have an ear infection and left. My son was up all night crying, brought him to the pediatrician this morning who immediately diagnosed my son with an ear infection. She referred me to a different ENT. My experience with Dr. Yin had to be my worst experience with a physician to date.

November 2nd, 2015
Not a good experience...
We were referred by a well know specialist to Dr. Gonzalez and that is who I asked for when I called to schedule. Appointment was same day which was awesome. But when the doctor came into the room it was Dr. Yin...not Gonzalez. As soon as he came in the room, he quickly read through the ER report and before examining or asking questions about what has lead us up to the visit, told us that "I can tell you right now that you do not need to see ENT rather a neurologist". I dont understand how a quick brush look into the ear can reveal no fluid when the day prior the ER doc saw fluid in both ears...and a week prior to that the urgent care doctor also noted fluid in both ears. Then to not even have the doctor ask about his sinus pressure when he said his face under his eyes have been tender and inflamed and he has feelings of getting dizzy or feeling the pressure is causing him to almost pass out. He jumps right on the dizziness/vertigo the ER Doctor mentions in the report...spending ten minutes showing us info on web md about vertigo opposed to dizziness and that it would not be related to his sinuses rather something in his head/brain. Then to tell us we need a ct of the head but he couldn't or wouldn't order it as he wouldn't be the one to follow-up with it. I have been in a specialist medical field and when you see a patient who may have something just out of your realm, but should probably do a complete work-up just to make sure your not missing something you should treat, you order the test and refer out at after you rule out it is outside your specialty. But to end the visit by saying that once the neurological issue is figured out he would be happy to see us back for any sinus issues we might have was just the cherry on top. The doctor came accross very arrogant and dismissive. Horrible experience with the Doctor personally. Staff was great though.

July 11th, 2015
Wonderful experience
I had a very good experience with Dr. Yin and his courteous, helpful office staff. They were wonderful with my one-year-old baby. We were able to set our appointments in a timely manner, we did not have to wait long in the office, and they were thorough and efficient. I would strongly recommend Dr. Yin and his team.

February 19th, 2015
I had the best experience ever with Dr Yin. After years of suffering with sinus issues, he has made a tremendous difference.

August 19th, 2014
Couldn't have been better
Dr. Yin and his staff are the real deal. It was obvious that his staff knew what they were doing, but never made me feel rushed or routine. Dr. Yin was precise and very knowledgeable, and helped me out a great deal, fantastic experience!

June 7th, 2014
Dr. Leopold K. Yin, MD
Dr. Yin was the only doctor that could help me when I developed a paralyzed vocal cord.... He was efficient, great staff, wonderful hospital and the best part....he fixed so I could talk again! I had visited other doctors, had tests, etc.etc. for 5 months....and then went to Dr. Yin..and bingo....he not only fixed my vocal cord but explained the procedure and shared all the next steps. Great doctor!

April 16th, 2014
Lied on patient report
Do not see this doctor. He spent most of his time filling out the office visit on his computer...yes with two fingers (can't type) He lied on the report. We got a copy because we didn't understand what he had said about my wife's ear issue. He did a very poor exam. it was all about typing and getting us out of the room.

November 25th, 2012
Dr Yin
Terrific doctor. Cant say enough good things about him. Recommend him highly

November 20th, 2012
I can breathe
Hi, Dr Yin was excellent. Within minutes of my firt visit Dr Yin told me what was wrong & how we were going to fix it. I have never been able to breathe through my nose but since my operation I can breathe & inhale through the nose. I am so happy with the results & would highly recommend Dr Yin & his staff.

October 11th, 2012
I found Dr. Yin to be very caring and thorough in my diagnosis and in preparing for my surgery. All went well after my sinus surgery and he even called me at home later that evening to find out how I was doing!

September 17th, 2012
Above and Beyond
Dr Yin has gone above and beyond in caring for my son. My son needed a surgical procedure to fix his hearing. On the morning of the surgery, my 3 year old and I arrived at the hospital (fasting of course) and the hospital had no records of us being on any schedule. I called the office and spoke with the on call service. Within 5 minutes Dr Yin was personally calling me back. No sooner had he arrived, he was on the phone and talking with the surgical staff and scheduling finding a way to get us in that morning. I feel that any other doctor would have quickly thrown in the towel and said "sorry we will have to reschedule". However, Dr Yin was NOT going to turn away a fasting 3 year old. I witnessed him on the phone, running up to the OR and calling in favors to align everything and make sure my sons surgery was performed, not jus that day but that morning. He did all of this and more, by being kind, professional and courteous to me and my children, and of course being a fantastic physician!