Psychiatrists, Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist

North Broadway
502 W El Norte Pkwy
Escondido, CA 92026
760-452-5150
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 5th, 2014

very rude dr. Argued with me about my child and made comments that attacked my parenting skills. does not return phone calls.

|  Wort ever dr  |  show details
by Julie on May 31st, 2014

Awful.

|  Never ever!!!  |  show details
by Art attack on May 28th, 2014

We took my daughter to someone to help her cope with moving she had just turned 10. He diagnosed my daughter ADHD, and every month it was a huge wait and overbooking of appointments.... Then 10 mins in his office all while his phone beeping with texts and him scribbling on paper as he just took her weight and wrote a new prescription!!! Worst ever. We needed a letter for our move to say she's fine, after a week he gave me a handwritten note in two sentences on a prescription pad!!!! Wtf? Then I asked for our recrossed and once we got the he had been writing all these other diagnoses never once discussed with me and noted writing her for other scripts other then her Ritalin!!!! I have us filled prescriptions I never took with only one script yet he wrote she takes other sh it! We stopped going and took her to several other professionals all of which said she didn't need any mess and was fine just a teen moving! He ruined our move my husbands carrier and now has made my daughter think she has issues. dO NOT GO TO HIM!

|  OCD doctor  |  show details
by Daisy Waisy on Feb 25th, 2014

Dr. Leor Matalon would not begin the appointments without getting his copay.It wa all about money. He only takes cash. One visit I was in a pretty upset state due a recent death in the family. I did not have cash and he wouldn't take a check. He would not give me my prescription until I drove around a strange neighborhood looking for an ATM machine. When I came back I slid it under the door, but had to wait until he was finished with his patient to get my prescrpition. As I left I mumbled under my breath that this was ridiculous and that I hated the way he had treated me. The3 next week I got a certified letter telling me that he would no longer treat me. Wow, a doctor fired me! I have been to a LOT of doctors and have never had a difficulty with them, so I can assume that I am generally respectful and courtious. But I just could not deal with his OCD regarding money. Oh, and he usually didn't seem to have my chart and asked me what meds I was taking, etc. Things that he should have known after a year!

|  Probably the WORST I've ever seen  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2014

Every visit felt like the first time with Dr. Matalon. He has the WORST chair-side manner of any psychiatrist I've ever seen. Every visit he would ask the same questions he asked the week before like he's never heard the answer before. After seeing him for 2 years he STILL can not remember our names. HIs phone rings incessantly during sessions (If I hear that super mario brothers theme again, I'm going to scream!). Top top it off, he looks up MAYBE 1 time during the entire session. The rest of the time his face is buried in his iPad. Stay far away from this doctor. He cares not for his patients and his demeanor shows it. We were demoted to 'walk-in only' because we missed 2 appointments in 2 years. During the last walk in, he told us we had to call his office to make an appointment??? Last I checked a WALK IN doesn't make an appointment ! Hopefully he reads these reviews and tries a little harder. I feel bad for patients that are with him. They are missing a level of care they should expect with a doctor that Dr. Matalon absolutely doesn't provide!

|  NOT RECOMMENDED!!!  |  show details
by Parent on Oct 22nd, 2013

Would NOT recommend for special needs children, let alone typical children!!!

|  incredible progress made with an outstanding doctor  |  show details
by samantha e on May 10th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Matalon for over 2 1/2yrs now and can honestly say that I am a completely different person from the first time I walked into his office. I've gone thru many many life changing losses and experiences over the course of these past yrs, not to mention the reason I came to see him to begin with and with Dr Matalons yelp and guidance, uve been able to maintain a steady hold on ky depression and overwhelming anxiety disorders. It been a slow and emotional journey and when I hit a bump, we go over it together. He is sincere and truly cares for his patients well being. I am honored to have the opportunity to work with him and hope to continue to beone of his successes. Thank you Dr Matalon for being the light at the end of a long dark tunnel. I can now he mommy my daughter deserves and lead a productive and fulfilling life.

|  I guess I thought he could help NO WAY !!  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2013

If You want moor problems than you ever imagined he is the right doctor .

|  Dr. Leor Matalon  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2013

My daughter has been seeing Dr. Matalon for 4 years with excellent results. My experience is that he listens to me as a parent much more seriously than other child psychiatrists.

|  Warning this guy is possibly EVIL to say the least  |  show details
by MaX on Feb 16th, 2013

Personally I switched towns looking for a new doc and started up with him he did not like the meds I was taking that were working. He insisted a new diagnosis forced me to switch meds never listened to what I had to say tried to diagnose me in 15 minutes insisted I had other issues Evan though I had been seen by reputable docs before that did not agree with his diagnosis in the process I believe I had a nervous breakdown going through his treatment my wife left me I couldn't work became addicted to his pills just like another story I read .And to top it off out of know were he discharged me without a single refill this is the worst experience I have ever had with any doc I dont believe any story s that are good about him here this should be moor than enough of a warning stay away really bad news .

|  Find someone else.  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2012

I've seen Dr. Matalon for almost a year. He's always late, even for the first appointment of the day. He talks down to me and looks at me like I'm dense if I ask for clarification. He will ask me questions and not wait for an answer. He interrupts and doesn't seem to care what I have to say. He got me addicted to a medication that didn't work and when my insurance temporarily ran out, I went through horrible withdrawl symptoms. His office staff perpetually change and he never has anyone full time. He only accepts cash. Period. I've had enough. I won't be returning.

|  Dr. Matalon is a wonderful Doctor.  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2012

My wife and I have been seeing Dr. Matalon for about 6 years. He has made an incredible difference in my wife's life. Before seeing him she was on several meds (prescribed by another Doctor)that were not helping in fact I think her symptoms were worse. He changed the meds to more effective ones. She now is able to function at a much better level. He is compasionate, listens to her problems and deals with her in a profesional manor. I have and would again recommend him as a Doctor who cares and is able to diagnose and deal with any problem we have...believe me we got issues.(my wife and I that is). God Bless him.

|  Run away from him fast!!!  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2012

This has been the worst experience ever. Took my son to get help for ADHD. He does only care about getting that insurance money. The worst bedside/chairside manner I have ever seen . Actually made a telephone call during my sons session, which last only ten minutes. I will not be taking my son back to see him ever again!

|  He is easy to get into for a reason  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2011

I scheduled an appt as a new patient, went into see him, and in taking backgorund history he was trying to diagnosis family members (none of which he heard of or I talked about). He then proceeded to argue about a diagnosis of a family member and say very hurtful thing. I went in to him as a PTSD patient and left in full blown distress (which is a rare event for me). I waited to tell him what I go to school for, and when I finally did, he finally backed off. I've since been told to file an ethics complaint against him from others in the field. He'll hopefully be sanctioned, it was the worst experience.

Sep 24th, 2011

Dr. Matalon has always listened to my challenges and thoughts and been very involved in my treatment from my first appointment... he has shown an interest in my concerns and i feel that in all of my appt's he really knows what's going on and i can count on him giving me the care and respect neccesary to my treatment. I never feel judged or rushed and feel he actually cares about my well being.

|  Kind, Respectful and Genuinlly Cares  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2011

When I first started seeing Dr. Matalon 5 years ago I felt so greatful I had finally found a doctor who listened to me and genuinly showed compassion for what I was going through at the time. I had seen several other psychiatrists prior to Dr. Matalon and never felt they truely cared for my well being.The quality of my life has greatly improved since my visits started with him. My life has improved far beyond what I could have ever expected.I thank you and my family does too.

|  Wonderful  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2011

My son has been seeing Dr.Matalon over the last three years for ADHD, and at the time, he had severe aggression and defiance as well. Dr. Matalon took the time to properly evaluate and diagnosis him. He worked with us and not just with medication, but with parenting techniques that are important regardless of meds. Yes, parents need to make changes too, and there isn't just a medication emphasis. The change with him has been remarkable, he is doing so well now.

|  great doctor  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2011

A really good doctor can't ask for a better one

|  The most CARING & helpful doctor!!  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

I cannot say enough how pleased I am with Dr. Matalon. I wouldn't go to anyone else, he has really helped me. The first day I saw him, I was 100% honest, and he helped me feel very comfortable in doing so. He diagnosed me and gave me a prescription that was right on. The first time in my life, I feel right. He really is the best doctor. There's never a wait to see him, either. I would recommend him to anyone in need =)

Aug 23rd, 2011

Dr. Matalon has been so helpful to me with my depression and anxiety. He has recently been seeing my 5 year old son as well. If it were not for him my lil guy would not be going to kindergarden this week. We go to our appointments on time and we never have any problems. He is courious to my son and me and I know if I have a problem I can call on him and can count on a quick response. I have recomended him to several friends and will continue to do so weather they take the help or not is up to them not Dr. Matalon.....

Aug 23rd, 2011

Dr. Matalon has been extremely helpful and attentive to my condition. He and his staff are polite and courteous, never had any problems rescheduling or calling for a last minute appointment. I felt very comfortable with Dr. Matalon during all visits and truly feel that he cared about my progress! I definitely recommend Dr. Matalon for those seeking help.

|  Brilliant  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2011

I dont know where my family would be without Dr. Matalon. We have been with him since 2006 and have gone from being in a very dangerous place to stable and functional. He treats my son, daughter and myself and has found the right combination of medication for us in very little time. I am 47 years old and have been to many many psychiatrists and Dr. Matalon is by far the best. He treats me like I am equal to him and like I am sick, not stupid. My children have gone from suicidal and homocidal to friendly, sociable and cooperative. This has been through alot of hard work and following directions for a few years but I hate to think where we would be otherwise.

|  Life saver  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2011

My daughter and I have been working with Dr.Matalon for 3 years. Since then my daughter went from failing the 4th grade to a 3.5 grade point average in Rincon Middle School. Now we are entering the eighth grade with hope and promise. Thanks to Dr.Matalon my daughter is a success! We make a great team. P.S. I get a kick out of his sense of humor. Crystal Lopes, satisfied motheri have to honestly say that Dr.Matalon has definately helped me with my problems. I had major problems focusing,but when we started having sessions he gave me what i needed and it helped! I held a 3.50 GPA for two trimesters in a row, i'd say that is improvement considering i was berally passing grade school. All i have to say is..THANKYOU DR.MATALON for everything! for helping me improve. Isabelle, a very thankful patient

Jun 24th, 2011

I started seeing Dr. Matalon about a year ago for adult ADHD. I have had no problems with him and have appreciated his understanding when I have lost prescriptions or misplaced my appointment card. Dr. Matalon just has a dry sense of humor and I guess some people are not used to it. He seemed fine to me and the humor helped me relax enough to open up. It did take a while to find a medication dosage that worked for me that I was consistently taking, but that is normal for any mood altering medication. No person, not even a doctor, can know exactly which medication will work best for you...people stop looking at therapy as an instant gratification (quick fix)....it takes time to see how each body responds to medication.

|  Run do not walk away from this doctor  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2011

We have been seeing this doctor for over 2 years and he is now on his 3rd office. For over 6 months my youngest son has been seeing him and it took him over 6 months to find a medication that has worked on him. I would not recomend this doctor to anybody. Two of my kids have ADHD and this doctor expects kids with ADHD to be able to sit quietly and not touch a thing. He is rude and would not miss him if he stopped practicing.

|  This doctor should not be practicing medicine and is unethical  |  show details
May 13th, 2011

After recently moving to town, we needed a doctor for our 7 year old daughter. This doctor was so worried about you bringing the 'cash' payment, that he would not refill her medicine one week before her appointment when she was out. This is medicine that is mandatory and needed every day. He told the pharmacist to 'wait until he reevaluated the patient on the next appointment' and then had his staff call and remind us of our 'cash payment for the following Monday' - further he was not considerate, and didn't really listen. He just wanted his 'cash payment' - he does not deserve to treat children.

May 5th, 2011

I have really enjoyed working with Dr Madalon to find the right medication for my daughter. He is a kind and compasionate person. I am glad there is somewhere to go to say how much I appreciate the concern that shows to my daughter and I. I very seldom have to wait over 10 minutes unless of course there is a patient that has not shown up on time or an emergency visit which in his chosen field of medicine can only be expected. I highly reccomend him to other patients as I know they will get the same quality of care that he gives my daughter.

|  Very compassionate  |  show details
May 4th, 2011

The wait for Dr. Matalon was about 10 minutes. Office was very pleasant & clean. Dr. took his time with our first appointment and we had a chance to go over all of my mental health history. He was kind and compassionate.

|  Nno  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2011

This Dr. should not be treating patients. He was irritated over the phone and that should have enough of a warning sign to look for someone eles.

Mar 10th, 2011

I would not recomend this doctor for young children. Dr. Matalon talks down to parents

Sep 11th, 2010

NO bedside manner. Didn't listen; jumped to conclusions. Will NEVER return to this guy.

|  Wish can be little more sensitive  |  show details
by Mrs Lugo on Oct 12th, 2009

My son have a severe condition and he is in wheelchair, he is sharp and inteligent and he still drive his wheelchair by himself, he didn't like him at first sight. Dr. Matalon ask me to stay at the office on the side of my son because he need assistance, my son didn't feel confident with me at his side, he is a teen-adult, so I guess he doens't need me at that time, but still doctor insist to me to stay there for him, Because my son condition he requires to loose or pospone appointments but this doctor is very particular with the appoinment time and schedule, I guess he need to be more sensitive with the feelings of his patients when they need to be listen. My son still is sick and still carries his condition and circumstances with him so we are looking for a new doctor. So, Good luck.