Dr. Leroy Schmidt MD Patient Reviews

November 9th, 2016
Very thorough
He answered every one of my questions in a polite and caring man nor. Never rushed me or talked down to me. Gave me the information I needed to make my own decisions.

October 21st, 2016
thorough but has his own agenda
Dr. Schmidt is very personable but not patient with complications or too many questions. He told me, via his secretary, to cancel an X-ray appointment that he'd recommended rather than answer my phone call about it. We seemed to have a communication disconnect, and I didn't feel my questions were being answered on my terms. He finally told me, "The level of your needs is too great for this office" and recommended I see someone else. That was honest and upsetting but better to know sooner than later. I did see someone else, a revision surgeon, who didn't agree with his suggested diagnosis. He has an excellent reputation but if you have fibromyalgia or other complications, I'd go to someone else.

September 1st, 2015
Dr Schmidt is the best!
Dr. Schmidt is one of the finest doctors I have ever known. If I could give him more than 5 stars I would. After going to some other goofball- who horrified me and told me after viewing my xrays that my "knees were shot and I needed immediate replacement", I went to Dr. Schmidt for a second opinion. Dr. Schmidt agreed that they were very bad, but decide to let me try other things first. He also answered all of my questions and went over the knee diagram in his office as he explained in layman's terms what was going on. The other Dr. didn't do that ! Therefore, Schmidt made me feel instantly at ease. Finally, after a few years of PT, shots, etc, the knees got worse. I couldn't take the pain or disability any longer. I scheduled surgery last October. Dr. Schmidt made me feel at ease the entire time. The staff at GBMC were terrific. Dr. Schmidt made sure I was well taken care of and he managed my pain beautifully. I actually had both of my knees done at once. This was one of the best decisions I have ever made because I got it over with. He was genuinely happy that my surgery was a success. He is a healer. He is special. His secretary, Pat is a keeper too. Dr. Schmidt has one of the most wonderful bedside manners of any doctor I have ever had. He is known to be excellent at what he does. What he did for my knees is a miracle. There was a huge difference right after surgery. Dr Schmidt takes the time to answer all of your questions and explains the process so that you do not feel totally out of control. So far, I have referred two people to him. God Bless this man.

January 10th, 2011
Fantastic Surgeon and Person
You will love this Caring Professional Man. Dr Schmidt will take you throught the entire process himself. He will be there if you need him BEFORE and AFTER the surgery. My knees were in really bad shape. Dr Schmidt worked a miracle. My experience with the Doctor was of EXTREME EXCELLENCE. If I had a third knee I would be in his office right now.