Dr. Leroy Vickers MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 2nd, 2013
RN, MSN, Nursing Department Chair
Wonderful bedside manner. Spends time with me as needed - don't feel rushed. Staff was very courteous and since moved to Mt. Airy, the promptness has improved on the wait time.

March 26th, 2013
Great Doctor, Nice Staff
Since they made the move to Mercy, the wait times have reduced greatly. Although you may still have a wait, it's NOTHING like it used to be at Stratford. Dr. Vickers is a very personable doctor, very nice, funny, and I actually DON'T avoid my appointments because I like this doctor. I feel that the time he spends with me as a patient is very concentrated on me and my health. He makes sure to go over all my medications, the reason for my visit, asks about any new complaints...etc. I absolutely LOVE Dr. Vickers! He is the BEST doctor I've ever had.

February 18th, 2009
UNACCEPTABLE treatment from staff
I should have stopped going there when I saw over the last year, long waits and odd questions, people that never remebered me although I'd been going there over a year. Yesterday was the worst. I will be filing with the BBB and anyone else who will listen.Brenda was very rude to me and my mother. They refused to see me without my ins. card. (SAME exact insurance/address/job everything as last 10 visists with them!!) It would be one thing if they just explained that and was curtious. They were very condesending and rude. The office manager took me to her office and was looking at me as if she hated me. It was so strange. She was questioning where I work - which location which dept what exactly is my insurance, a 50/50 a 80/20 I have no idea, just nonsence trying to like interigate me like I was trying to pull something! I was extrmely sick I think with Bronchitis or pnemonia. They said they would see me then came back and told me to leave! My mom even offered to pay cash! They REFUSED! I was so upset coughing and crying and so out of it sick! I tried to explain that I almost got in a wreck on the way in to this appointment so I was already distraught and very confused by there attitude. The office manager was looking me in disgust! I will never ever return to deconess hosp. This is the 2nd time a Dr there has sent me out crying! I tried to call the Dr today - Brenda EVEN refused to send me to his voicemail! UNBELIEVEABLE!