Dr. Lesley Meng MD Patient Reviews

• Hematology and Oncology Slidell, LA

3.9

March 9th, 2017
I'd fly in to see Dr. Meng
I've been seeing Dr. Meng for about a year now and am very satisfied with her care. I've read where others may be unhappy about wait times, but I'm probably one of the reasons. Dr. Meng takes the time to address all my questions (and I ask a lot). I very much appreciate her knowledge as well as her compassion. I highly recommend her.

July 30th, 2012
Lots of frustrations
Our experience with Dr. Meng started out well, in spite of the extremely long wait before she saw my mother. Her bedside manner is excellent and caring. However, the follow-ups at the clinic were horrible. No communication between Dr. Meng and the staff and we were continually being rescheduled which became a frustration since they were last minute and changing my work schedule to drive my Mother to the appointments were a challenge. There were two instances where my Mother was hospitalized due to severe pain and side effects from the chemo treatments. I was shocked that Dr. Meng never saw her once while she was in the hospital. At one point she was going to stop in the late afternoon, so I took off work early so I could be there for the visit and make sure our concerns were raised but after waiting until 7:30pm, the nurses told me Dr. Meng was at her son's karate event and not able to come and would send her assistant in the morning. Completely rude and unprofessional. The nurses were very frustrated with her and said this is the behavior they've seen before with her. At the oncology clinic, there was continual "chatter" with her staff about "having no idea where she is" and that she would leave the office without any notice. I have now since heard she's not at that clinic, which doesn't surprise me. If you are considering Dr. Meng, I could strong suggest you look elsewhere for an Oncologist.

January 8th, 2011
Sweetest Southern Bell
Dr Meng is the sweetest doctor, she takes time to listen and has wonderful bed side manner. I recommend Dr. Meng to anyone needing a Oncology/Hematology doctor. Dr. Meng and her staff have creating a soothing spa like like atmosphere that helps you feel at peace when you are getting chemo. I highly recommend Dr. Meng.

January 2nd, 2011
She is a very caring person and very responsive to my needs.

June 9th, 2010
Dr. Meng is AWESOME!!!!
I don't know where to start as I just can't say enough good things about her. I wouldn't have made it through my breast cancer experience without her. Right from our first meeting, she put me at ease and gave me all the info and confidence I needed to fight the disease and win. She has this warmth that exudes from her and you just know you're in good hands. I am a 2-l/2 yr survivor thanks to her. She's right on point, cares deeply about her patients (not just as patients but as people too), is absolutely accurate in her diagnosis and treatment decisions, and has just opened an absolutely fabulous cancer center which is like a spa and has the works. How can you go wrong? YOU CAN'T!! I'd highly recommend her to anyone with no reservations - 200%. I'd rate her a 20 on a scale of 1-10. I'd like to say "THANKS DOC"!!!!!!

October 4th, 2009
Best in Phoenix
Dr. Meng is among the most caring oncologists I have ever met. I am a 5 year survivor and I feel its because Dr. Meng has been on top of my situation the entire time she has been in Phoenix. I would follow her anywhere and wish her the best of luck at her new Cancer Center.

June 19th, 2009
I saw many drs before finding Dr Meng. She has a lot of knowledge in her specialty and I was very comfortable with her. I was ready to give up after so many drs said they couldnt help, but Dr Meng understood and treated me well. I havent had any issues that she hasnt been able to help me with.