Dr. Leslie Wilson MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Tallahassee, FL

• Good
  • Bad

February 8th, 2017
Dr. Wilson has been my doctor for years. The best primary family care one could expect.

May 25th, 2011
Careful, caring. Office staff not great.
I've been going to Dr. Les for about 5 years now. He is my husband's doctor also. Dr. Les is a nice doctor, quite reserved and quietly spoken, caring and a good listener. He is not going to be one of those docs that's like your best buddy and greets you like an old friend. He doesn't really get to know you in that way. But he is very nice and professional and I recommend him. I particularly like that he listens carefully to what I'm saying. He always emails prescriptions directly to my pharmacy while I'm with him, so they are waiting by the time I go over to pick them up. I wish more docs were tech savvy like this!The office itself is really nice. Cool pale blue walls and a nice waiting room with a big screen tv for those who like tv. The walls are also decorated with framed photos of the doc and his wife (Dr. Vicki) and kids, which gives the place a personal touch. Wait times are excellent. I've never waited more than a few minutes.The down side is the office staff. (Why is this always the way with doctors??) They are hard to reach. You have to leave a message for everything - refill requests and even appointments. And then just hope they'll call you back. Usually they do. Sometimes they don't. And if they miss you and get *your* voicemail you're right back where you started - leaving them another darn message and waiting again!! Extremely frustrating!! Also, after 5 years the office staff show no signs of remembering me at all, which is irritating. They basically act like they don't really care. On the other hand, if you call and need to speak to the nurse, they are pretty prompt about getting her to call you.I've been THIS close many times to switching to another doctor just because the office staff are so cold. But they do a good enough job that every time I change my mind at the last minute! I guess it just depends how much you care about that sort of thing.Bottom line: yes, I recommend Dr. Les, especially for busy people who hate waiting and for those who don't care about the office/reception end of things.

July 1st, 2015